2011 REPSOL CBR1000RR FIREBLADE
-MOTO GP EXHAUST
-POWER COMM V
-HOTBODIES UNDERTAIL KIT

Thats me in my avy

Did a little midnight sesh..
]

#FUEGO GSXR jdeez42

stunnafasho03 that repsol is flames. that bike is use secks.

this is mine: 07 Gsxr litter
only mods are smoked out front/back turn signal (not in this pic doe)
taylor made exhauste
fender eliminator kit

2009 Ducati Monster 696
pimp.gif
favorite bike, one day, one day...

i was going to post my new bike when i got it, but realized that the motorcycle thread didn't carry over to the new site for whatever reason. haven't even gotten a chance to really ride it and i've had it for almost a month. going to start putting it to good use though.
34nlez8.jpg

i also got one of those funny mohawks to put on my helmet, but it's been either love it or hate it for my other friends that ride...it's removable, but i'd probably only wear it when riding with a group of us.

2009 Ducati Monster 696

love the bikes. i'm new and was looking at monster 6XX's as a first. any comments on ducati reliability and maintenance? i hear horror stories with italian cars, i have no idea how ducati as an italian motorcycle company compares

My new bike
2006 GSX-R 1000
-Yoshimura Titanium exhaust
-Yoshimura TRS carbon fiber muffler
-Bazzaz Performance electronic shifter
-Vortex case guards
-Vortex clip-ons
-Vortex sprockets
-Vortex rearsets
-D.I.D. gold chain
-Ohlins 25mm cartridge fork internals kit
-Ohlins shock
-Ohlins steering damper
1700 miles

didn't you have ur bike stolen? (no dis) if so,
That was a fast pickup! :smokin:smokin
how much u scoop the pick for?
That thing is still a baby with that many miles on it.

love the bikes. i'm new and was looking at monster 6XX's as a first. any comments on ducati reliability and maintenance? i hear horror stories with italian cars, i have no idea how ducati as an italian motorcycle company compares

well I just got mine a month or so ago. the guy filled up the tank for me when I bought it and I literally just had to fill it up for the first time myself so I clearly haven't ridden enough to know about reliability and maintenance. from what I've read though, just take care of the bike and it'll take care of you. I was also considering a monster 696 but just wanted something more powerful coming from the gsxr600. tried to find a streetfighter 848, but couldn't find a used one in my area.

i paid $9250. brought the guy down a bit from $10k, but i could have defintely gotten one like $2k cheaper if i was willing to drive 4-5 hours away each way. i really liked this one though and it pretty much had all the mods i envisioned getting. he was only selling, because he almost got hit by some lady merging off the highway when she didn't check her blind spot. said that it was kind of like a wake up call and he was going to use the money toward a down payment on a house he was closing in on. aaaaalmost made me reconsider buying another bike though lol. the bike is absurdly loud though. a couple times i've taken it out kind of late, but rolled it down the street to start it, because i didn't want to wake my neighbors up :smh:

question

how much more is a ducati to maintain to lets say a gixxer?

im sure its not as badl as cars obviously like japanese verse german

Last edited:
My first bike ever, 03 Kawasaki 636 20,000 miles, $2400 from CL.
Rode close to 250 miles already (only had it about 9 days)
Only thing it might need is new sprokets, oil change and a new chain.

Love it, very fast and responsive. Great starter bike.

Couple months from now ill get all new fairings :pimp:

i paid $9250. brought the guy down a bit from $10k, but i could have defintely gotten one like $2k cheaper if i was willing to drive 4-5 hours away each way. i really liked this one though and it pretty much had all the mods i envisioned getting. he was only selling, because he almost got hit by some lady merging off the highway when she didn't check her blind spot. said that it was kind of like a wake up call and he was going to use the money toward a down payment on a house he was closing in on. aaaaalmost made me reconsider buying another bike though lol. the bike is absurdly loud though. a couple times i've taken it out kind of late, but rolled it down the street to start it, because i didn't want to wake my neighbors up :smh:

lol, aftermarket exhaust causing this? switch back to stock and you probably won't have that noise issue. did your research show anything about maintenance costs?

beast. straight to a supersport! first bike though? i wouldn't trust myself haha. no hate, but please be careful, first bike and your pic is just you in a helmet, tshirt and jeans

fuel injected?

got some racks stacked up and ready to cop me a bike this month...

:pimp: :pimp:

do riding boots make that much of a difference?

I know its a safety precaution but I see lots of people that don't wear them. I've talked to a few people who use their bikes for commutes and they said they just wear regular footwear.

do riding boots make that much of a difference?

I know its a safety precaution but I see lots of people that don't wear them. I've talked to a few people who use their bikes for commutes and they said they just wear regular footwear.
i rode in Maxes, Jays, Forces, Timbs, dress shoes, and boat shoes...

you're SUPPOSED to ride in boots...

the thing i didnt like was that i didnt really have a feel on the bike... like, i couldnt feel the difference in shift too much...

i always enjoyed riding in regular kicks, like some all Black Griffs or something cuz it lets you feel the bike shifts, but you're not messing up the shoe too much cuz its already black.

My 06 cbr 600 RR

finally got around to getting a new helmet and just picked up a tinted visor for it too.

Got an 06 r6 with 14k miles for 3k...

I.want to jump... But i'm going to be struggling hard for two Weeks if I do...

plan on getting the 2013 honda CBR 250r repsol by the middle of october it will be my first bike many ppl told me its a good first timer bike ... but in about 2-3 months I'm gonna want more power ...but I'm not gonna start off with 600 only started learning how to ride about
2 months now

in all honesty, if you're going to start with a 250 as a starter bike, i really wouldn't recommend buying a brand new one. you may not realize it, but you have a good chance of ending up like a lot of other people who get tired of the 250 extremely quickly. i think you'd be better off buying a dirt cheap 250 and then selling it when you want to move up. all the money you'd lose on the depreciation whenever you try to sell it should instead be used toward a nicer 600 when you're ready. i started off with a 600 and quickly grew tired of that. i'm no expert rider by any means, but a 250 is a waste of money other than just getting comfortable to start off imo.

lol, aftermarket exhaust causing this? switch back to stock and you probably won't have that noise issue. did your research show anything about maintenance costs?
yeah it does have a full aftermarket akrapovic exhaust system which is what's causing all the noise. i really have no problem with it during the day...just don't want to wake anyone up when i'm starting it up at night...as for the ducati maintenance costs, my bike currently has 5k miles. apparently there's a pretty big service at 7500 miles that's going to cost anywhere from about $400-$800. from what i've read online, on average, the maintenance costs are somewhere between 30%-40% higher than on a japanese bike.

I agree with PugLife..If you're going to get a 250 to start on(which is what I did) then you should definately get a used one..I got a '06 Ninja 250 that had a little rash on the exhaust, tiny scratches on the fairing, and a broken turn signal, and I only paid 1700..Only had about 6k miles on it when I got it in April..It's a great bike that is very easy to learn on and isn't intimidating at all..I know it's not the coolest bike on the road, but that's not my goal right now..If you're like me and just want something to learn on then you really should start with a nice cheap, used 250..Plus they hold a good resale value cause more and more people each year want to learn to ride and I guarantee you'll be able to get about 75-85% of your purchase price back..

fuel injected?
got some racks stacked up and ready to cop me a bike this month...
:pimp: :pimp:

yup they started fuel injecting in '03 i believe.

beast. straight to a supersport! first bike though? i wouldn't trust myself haha. no hate, but please be careful, first bike and your pic is just you in a helmet, tshirt and jeans
yea i respect the hell outta this bike, soooo much power with little throttle.

As far as gear goes i cant really do anything about it yet (over the road truck driver), but the as soon as a get a chance i will be purchasing a helmet, boots, gloves etc. And taking the MSF course.

I agree with PugLife..If you're going to get a 250 to start on(which is what I did) then you should definately get a used one..I got a '06 Ninja 250 that had a little rash on the exhaust, tiny scratches on the fairing, and a broken turn signal, and I only paid 1700..Only had about 6k miles on it when I got it in April..It's a great bike that is very easy to learn on and isn't intimidating at all..I know it's not the coolest bike on the road, but that's not my goal right now..If you're like me and just want something to learn on then you really should start with a nice cheap, used 250..Plus they hold a good resale value cause more and more people each year want to learn to ride and I guarantee you'll be able to get about 75-85% of your purchase price back..

this. unless you are set on something brand new, private sale almost always is the better option (if you can the due diligence) many deals to be had, lots of options, and you'll almost certainly pay much less than buying new from @ a dealership. i would also ask do you genuinely WANT a 250, or are you going in with the expectation of 'moving up' after a season or to learn on?

my 08' 600rr:

plan on getting the 2013 honda CBR 250r repsol by the middle of october it will be my first bike many ppl told me its a good first timer bike ... but in about 2-3 months I'm gonna want more power ...but I'm not gonna start off with 600 only started learning how to ride about
2 months now
This is a mistake..not the buyin a 250 part cuz if thats what u want then go for it..im talkin bout puttin the REPSOL on a 250..they shoulda left it on the 1000rr only..i coulda got any bike i wanted and i chose the REPSOL cuz their limited and rare..its not gonna take away from the value of my bike but still..its all about selling more bikes
mean.gif

Wow that CBR 600rr is gorgeous you got more pics man.

Just my 2 cents i had the same quandary on first bike purchase. I wanted something that walked the line between throw away and keeper. Wanted something reliable and not too difficult to learn on. So I settled with my Katana 600. Prob keep it for 1-2 years before i upgrade. I couldn't throw 1-2k at a bike just to learn on and then want something better. So i spent 3.5k for a middle of the road bike.

Just picked up my first bike a few months ago. It's a 2010 Yamaha FZ6R Raven. Got her for a steal with only 800 miles on the odometer. I thought about getting a 250 but decided against it after checking out my friend's ninja. His wife got him a brand new 2012 250 and he already wishes he had something else.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/DButch119/?action=view&current=IMG_20120901_193347.jpg

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/DButch119/?action=view&current=IMG_20120901_193333.jpg

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/DButch119/?action=view&current=IMG_20120901_193445.jpg

After a little more research and looking around I now have my eyes on
The 2013 kawasaki 300r

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom