Post Your Motorcycle

I can't even ride comfortably without gear. It doesn't feel right. The air force is serious about protective equipment. If you get into an accident and you're not wearing ALL of your mandatory gear they won't cover anything. Even worse, if you die they won't payout your life insurance policy to your family.
Truth..i tried to wear a light jacket the other day when it was 93 and humid out and it actually hurt with the wind pounding on me..even if i dont wear the leather pants and boots i dont feel right unless i have my Repsol jacket on...srs

I don't rock gear if it's too hot. If anything, that icon vest that probably doesn't even do anything. Shorts, tee/tank top, and my foambs. I know the consequences of what could happen without riding with gear, but I accept it. And besides, I ride a 250, I can't be driving reckless like y'all in the first place.

But know, if it's a long distance ride to unknown land, my gear is on.

My two babies. Both name Eleanor. Props to whoever knows where I got that name from.
Yo what year 250? Looking at buying one for a starter bike myself, and I am also in MD.

Sedici full boot for 39.99 marked down from 175$ at local cycle gears. In store only. They moving fast af.

Guess I'm retiring my foambs

a good pair of riding boots is probably the only piece a gear I really kick myself for not having, I only wear my leather armored jacket when it is cold & I never wear my textile jacket, even on rainy days (unless it is a torrential downpour, I really enjoy riding in the rain) I prefer to rock a raincoat than my gear...I just don't like how awkward & cumbersome it is to wear, especially when I need to pick up some things or hangout. hoodies, jeans, & sneakers are pretty much what I'm in if i'm on the bike

not many harley fans are sneaker heads, just sayin. but i work at the oakland dealership, slide through any time.

fam, you're gonna be my best friend. It'd be greatly appreciated if you can help me out, seeing as how I love harleys but don't know much about them. My uncle owns two, one is a road king and he swears that they're the worst bikes ever. Says they're not reliable, they don't stop quick enough etc. Btw, he's been around bikes his whole life and does know what he's talking about.

So I guess my question is, what kind of major improvements has harley davidson done recently? Something to kind of convince him and get him to come around.

Signed up for MSF course next weekend...nervous
embarassed.gif

this is what i have been riding in :lol:

I knew the tk society was a good purchase. I want Nike special field boots though next.

In PG off 210. I am pretty much set on the 250 for starting out. Never rode on anything with 2 wheels and a motor and really am gonna need to build my confidence up.

I feel you. I thought the same but sooner or later (more like sooner) you gon want more speed. Especially if you start riding with other ppl. But yeah, go your pace bro. When you get your bike, let me know if you ever want to ride.

I'm like 5 mins away from PG plaza.

braj's....this is my first time setting foot in this thread....and quite frankly i never really thought i'd ever get into bikes.

I went to the nyc motorcycle show and i really fell in love with what i saw....not really sport bikes but bikes like triumph(someone school me on names for these type of bikes...cruisers maybe?)

i'm a friggin novice but i know i wanna get a bike just for cruisin. Seems like a great investment.

How did you guys get into bikes?

How did you guys get into bikes?

seeing this growing up in NYC and SC, it just went from loud noise, to cool shiny things, to a symbol of freedom for more ways than one...

i do not ride a Harley but the history is so rich in the black community Im learning to appreciate them more and more...

I'm about to head over to my local cycle gear this morning and see what I can snatch up. NT always providing that good info.

This past week I find out my rectifier and stator are fried. Took it to a guy who does cheap work. Dude says, with a straight face, $860. I say f that noise. Order the stator and rectifier online ($185 for both). Rectifier came in this morning. Took me about 45 mins (including the 10 minutes it took to watch the HOW TO video on YouTube) to change it out. Waiting for the stator to come in. Til then, this is how my baby's looking. :smh:

Sad thing is, it's nothing but clear skies this weekend and the heat isn't too bad. Perfect weather to ride this weekend here in Ga. :frown:

33ndzs3.jpg

Yes. That's a bowl of cereal milk in the pic. Don't judge me :lol:

Last edited:
This past week I find out my rectifier and stator are fried. Took it to a guy who does cheap work. Dude says, with a straight face, $860. I say f that noise. Order the stator and rectifier online ($185 for both). Rectifier came in this morning. Took me about 45 mins (including the 10 minutes it took to watch the HOW TO video on YouTube) to change it out. Waiting for the stator to come in. Til then, this is how my baby's looking. :smh:

Sad thing is, it's nothing but clear skies this weekend and the heat isn't too bad. Perfect weather to ride this weekend here in Ga. :frown:

33ndzs3.jpg

Yes. That's a bowl of cereal milk in the pic. Don't judge me :lol:

Good work bro. Allot of things can be done with patience, some mild elbow grease n YT tutorials.
:pimp:
Remember if all fails push to start! :rofl:
Real rap my boy has the same issue n it takes like 2 to push him to start it up! :rofl:
But as long as u get it runnin :pimp:

Just got a new back tire last weekend. Ran over a screw last night :smh: $60 to plug it. I don't feel safe with the plug but the shop said it was in the groove on a brand new tire, shouldn't have any issues.

Went to the CA DMV yesterday to take my permit test and failed. I was completely thrown off because I had to take a Class C (automobile) test too. I hadn't taken one of those in a few years. Going to study hard and try again next week. The sample tests online were easy, but DMV test was confusing as hell.

Back
Top Bottom