Post Your Motorcycle

250's are fun to throw around but if you're on the left coast and are going to get low, grab yourself a 750 and you'll be spanking 600's and liter bikes in the mountain passes. Can never go wrong with a 750.

This is a good tut to save $$$$ if u have a GsxR.

I recently had an F1 error code pop up next to my red light/oil light. Was kinda tripping but I did some research n found this.
This will save anyone that needs to trouble shoot their Zuki an exact code on what the issue is.
It involves using a paper clip as a diagnostic machine.
It really goes to show u that the makers are all about tryna get us for $$$$.

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=81419

Height doesn't matter..a co-worker of mine is 6'6 and rides a 600..but don't regret buyin a 250..a 6 will be just fine

6'6 on a 600? That's ridiculous, I don't know where you live but that **** is laughable on the east coast. Look like you're riding a moped.

If you're tall = 1000
If you're short or average = 600
If you're 6'6 or higher = 1300+
:lol: 6'6 or taller ride a Busa? Lol..Busa's sit lower then 1000s..u ever even sat on 1 bro? Don't say some dumb ish like that..even the new 250s sit higher then busa's..its all personal preference

:lol: 6'6 or taller ride a Busa? Lol..Busa's sit lower then 1000s..u ever even sat on 1 bro? Don't say some dumb ish like that..even the new 250s sit higher then busa's..its all personal preference

It's not only about the height of the bike. You can shift with your knees on a 600 if you're that tall.. 250s can sit higher and even though some of the new 250s are bigger than some of the 600s, being too big for a bike is dangerous,. If you want a 250 or 600 to stunt with, cool but let's be serious. Not sure why you would be 6'6 on a 600, especially the new one. I was on a 2013 CBR and it was smaller than some of the scooters i've been on.

Last edited:
Height does not determine the cc's a bike should be, in fact this is the first time I've even heard of something like that.

With that being anyone who gets a 250 will regret it in two months tops!

Yep. I know a couple if dudes riding 250s. They're in the market for a new bike.

I wonder how hard it is to sell 250s.

Met this one ratchet snow bunny (has a bottom grill and a few back alley tattoos) that rides a ninja 6. No *** but she looks good on it. Trying to plow. How often do you all see females on bikes?

Yep. I know a couple if dudes riding 250s. They're in the market for a new bike.

Met this one ratchet snow bunny (has a bottom grill and a few back alley tattoos) that rides a ninja 6. No *** but she looks good on it. Trying to plow. How often do you all see females on bikes?
Girls on bikes are 9/10 ******. Being around nothing but dudes u will get tossed around.
Get ur turn in n bounce breh.

Yeah she low key seems like a jump. Went out the the race track with her and she's all over the place drinking and smoking herb with randoms. Definitely just trying to hit and quit.

For those in this thread.What size bike did you start on 600,250 etc. I would like to get a bike. Some riders i've talk say that I sould  get a 600 beacause I will not  like a 250 beacause of the power Etc.I passed msf  with ease a year ago. Now this season I would like to start riding. 

I started on a 1998 honda cbr 600 f3 because i wanted a sportbike (i actually would have gotten a ninja 250 if i could have afforded one, but their status as 'learner bikes' means people generally don't keep them long, thus their resale values tend not to fall too far from new) thing was a tank it was claimed to be 460+ pounds with a full tank of gas; it felt really heavy. it also had carbs rather than being fuel injected so the performance/throttle response could vary on conditions, no steering damper & had a pretty upright riding position for a sportbike...point being that it was an old bike, it wasn't the latest & greatest. and that bike, at the time, scared me how fast it was...

you could definitely be alright starting on 600, lots of people do; but isn't so much about 'being responsible' & 'riding within one's limits' so much as being able to respond appropriately and have the room to make mistakes in a way that won't get you in as much trouble (most would say it wouldn't be a great idea to rock a hyper car as one's 1st vehicle). because these are sportbikes, they all require varying levels of aggressive body positions, which also can make things difficult, which often leads to bad habits (one of the easiest to recognize is the straight locked arms). all the consumer lower displacement sportbikes are pretty light (more maneuverability) & have much more rider friendly ergonomics to make them easier to ride comfortably. true enough, 250s aren't the most powerful/fast bikes & most do end up getting bored/wanting more power but 250s can be fun BECAUSE they are underpowered, they are made to be accomodating; so you have to use more of the bike to actually go fast; can't always just twist the throttle & go like on the bigger bikes, downshifting, drafting & correct body positioning become super important; power delivery will be much more predictable & relatively linear...

i never try to talk anyone out of getting a 6 as a 1st bike because it is kind of de facto entry level & ultimately i believe to get the most out of riding you have to love the bike you are on (no point in copping a 250 you hate just to 'move up' to a 600/1000), but i always mention some of the benefits of lower displacement bikes, especially now that there seem to be many more options now. (kawi has a great 250 & a sweet looking 300cc bike & honda makes a great 250s & has recently expanded into a few 500cc bikes) ultimately it is up to you, so you should ask yourself what is it that you are going to be using the bike for? how much would you want to spend? what type of bike are you looking for? does it have to be a sportbike? hitting the backroads? commuting? rides with groups? trackdays? if you have your license?motorcycle endorsement, try to hit up a dealership that does test rides & check out different bikes, you may be surprised what you like/what fits you best...

good luck!

Should be pretty easy to sell as the affordable, known entry level learner bike.

- I would never recommend a 250, you could just get a scooter for much cheaper. It's not too hard to sell a 250 because a lot of people buy them to commute with and also as a starter bike.
- Girls on bikes are common but I always have a hard time finding an attractive one.
- The size of the person and bike aren't only about the height. 600s are smaller, don't know why a 6'6 260 pounder is on a 600 unless it's a stunt bike. When I've gone shopping with any of the bikers I know, one of the first things is the size of the bike.

Last edited:
Girls on bikes are 9/10 ******. Being around nothing but dudes u will get tossed around.
Get ur turn in n bounce breh.
laugh.gif
 My ex has a bike..she worked at Hooters..its a 06 gixxer1k lowered and stretched..she moved to FL but is comin back here next week to visit..she wants to see me but i moved in with my current gf..FML
mean.gif

I had an x12 helmet and thought it was pretty good. it was the only helmet I ever had so I can't compare it to anything though.

before I sold my bike though, I was considering getting a plain white helmet and getting someone to airbrush my head and face onto it :lol: I saw someone on eBay that did it and also a couple people on Craigslist. thought it'd be kinda funny to ride around like that. if I ever get another bike, I'm gonna do it just for ***** and giggles

they dont hear you, tho...

i wanted a Busa but Im dead set on a ZX14... WAY more comfy and higher...

I was almost sure that the numver is just the measurement of cc's and nothing more.

im starting off on an 06 suzuki DRZ 400. It's a decent bike to start, but im getting tired of it. I'd rather have something with more power, mines a pain on the freeway.

Last edited:
eBay, the nicest one I've seen on there besides the new ones that go for $400+. Thanks for the comments, been dying for this jacket and helmet but the helmets expired in 2013 so the jacket is it.

Back
Top Bottom