\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

anyone follow the original jdm drifters?  tsuchiya, orido, taniguchi, yamada, kazama, whatnot.   the older shows like "option" or "best motoring"?

i used to watch Option and Best Motoring DVD's.  My buddy had a ton of them.  Always doing those canyon runs in their s2000's and stuff

yup.  touge runs, whatnot.  grew up on that stuff.  those legendary jdm tuner shops like top secret, mines, jun, and hks used to have epic builds and went around breaking track records. 

Aaaaaand i get in the TL to drive home tonight and it's idling like crap. Then 20 seconds later the check engine light comes on and starts flashing. Stayed flashing all the way home. Car misfiring like a mother ******.  The hits just keep on coming with this pile of dog ****

Last edited:
Aaaaaand i get in the TL to drive home tonight and it's idling like crap. Then 20 seconds later the check engine light comes on and starts flashing. Stayed flashing all the way home. Car misfiring like a mother ******.  The hits just keep on coming with this pile of dog ****
Whooooa man you straight?

What do you plan to do with it?

the genesis coupe 2.0t is my DD.  it's pretty good on mileage.  it's geared for the highway, but with good driving, i usually manage 25 mpg city/highway.  my dad was visiting, wanted to drive my car from SD to LA, and was able to get 30+.  my '13 base model had an msrp of 25K, but they've bumped the price up around two thousand for the '14. 

my issue is i love hearing that turbo spool, and hks blow off.  mpg turns to crap at that point. lol

MPG doesn't sound too bad and I live in NYC so it'll be mostly city driving. Going to test drive both this week but I'll probably try to wait it out until the end of the year for those deals

Any reason you are set on getting a Coupe?  The Accord Sedan is a lot nicer looking IMO. Not to mention more practical 

and that Genesis Sedan r-spec is nice! :pimp:      The genesis coupe 2.0t is pretty cool though

Honestly it's because I already have a Camry and I always put "Accord, Camry, Altima" in the same group so for me it would feel like having the same car :lol:

Also because this would be solely for me, my girl can drive the Camry and when I'm with the kid we use the BMW so I don't really need a sedan just for me.

If I go with the Accord it's for MPG but I'm leaning towards the Genesis because it's something different and I don't seen too many

Last edited:
the genesis coupe 2.0t is my DD. it's pretty good on mileage. it's geared for the highway, but with good driving, i usually manage 25 mpg city/highway. my dad was visiting, wanted to drive my car from SD to LA, and was able to get 30+. my '13 base model had an msrp of 25K, but they've bumped the price up around two thousand for the '14.

my issue is i love hearing that turbo spool, and hks blow off. mpg turns to crap at that point. lol

MPG doesn't sound too bad and I live in NYC so it'll be mostly city driving. Going to test drive both this week but I'll probably try to wait it out until the end of the year for those deals

Any reason you are set on getting a Coupe? The Accord Sedan is a lot nicer looking IMO. Not to mention more practical

and that Genesis Sedan r-spec is nice! :pimp: The genesis coupe 2.0t is pretty cool though

Honestly it's because I already have a Camry and I always put "Accord, Camry, Altima" in the same group so for me it would feel like having the same car :lol:

Also because this would be solely for me, my girl can drive the Camry and when I'm with the kid we use the BMW so I don't really need a sedan just for me.

If I go with the Accord it's for MPG but I'm leaning towards the Genesis because it's something different and I don't seen too many

Currently driving a '13 Accord Coupe V6 and if I had to do it again I would definitely get the Genesis Coupe instead. Don't get me wrong, the Accord is a great car and you get a lot for what you pay for and is a great daily driver, but I want something with more after market support for my next car.

Last edited:
a heads up, hyundai is killing the 2.0t for the genesis coupe for 2015.  so if you're eying a new 2.0, you'll have to buy it this year.  it seems they're pushing the genesis coupe into a higher market, removing the tuners. 

Car is so slow it is unbelievable.

if that golf is a 1.8T you can install an intake to hear the turbo spool and blow off.  it won't make it much faster, but your car will breathe easier, and it'll def change the way your car sounds in higher rpm.

Why is dude drifting in such a new car when he clearly doesn't have experience?

And why in a car without enough power to even drift properly? 

AND bumping "Gasolina" at the same time?

dude is full of fail
At least it was on a track instead of on the streets like some idiots do. 

I don't know what car to buy next, I want a Porsche Carrera 4s... in a few years but I'm unsure of what to do between now and then. I already did the BMW thing and that left a bad taste in my mouth with the warranty, repairs, unreliability. I've been looking at the Subaru STI, my pops and sister bought Subs in the past year (Legacy

Why not go with a 1-2 year old Cayman S or R?  With a 60K budget you could get a low mileage S or R Cayman and get a great introduction to the Porsche brand.  I just sold my 2012 Cayman R with 15K miles on it through ebay for 55K back in May.  Although it is a mid engine platform, you would get an excellent feel for the Porsche build quality before jumping up to the holy grail 911.  Also by getting one under warranty you would avoid the heavy cost for repairs encountered by the early model editions currently going in the 30s and low 40s.  Owning my first Porsche only made me more confident in the brand and quality, I hope to own a GT3 or 911 Turbo in the next 5 years and am confident that either one will have the build quality and reliability that I experienced with the entry level Cayman.

Nelson, that Evo sounds incredible, but I would be very careful with such a heavily modified car that wasn't under your direction.  At the very least I would have FFTEC do a leak down and compression test to verify the viability of the engine and internals.  I would also see if you can do a pre-purchase inspection to look for any previous paint or body work that might not be detected by carfax or autocheck.  I've been looking for a 97/98 MKIV Supra TT 6-speed for about 2 years now and have passed on about 5 bpu modified cars after pre-purchase inspection revealed info that the owners didn't disclose.  Also if you get it, keep the black paint and throw on some polished CCW's, love polished wheels on black cars.  Also that APR wing is awesome, keep it :nthat:  

Wow,Thanks for the info bro, I've never given the Cayman a look. I am reading up on the Cayman now and I like what I see, why did you sell yours?

Article I read on the Cayman Vs Carrera S
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...14-porsche-cayman-is-better-than-the-911.html

Fixed the TL after last nights debacle. Turned out to just be a bad coil pack. Got one from my buddy for $40 who has a shop at his house, she's runnin good as new

Back
Top Bottom