\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

pimp.gif
 already 

TBH i didn't know that you could fill it up in your gas tank.  i guess the one i used was different bc i sprayed it directly into the throttle body. 

you can use it in the tank, throttle body, use it to to clean your intake, find vacuum leaks etc.....

Thinking about copping a Accord coupe or Genesis coupe as a DD, wanted the camaro but the MPG is trash

Have a Camry as a DD now and lease a BMW

I think I want to claybar da whip next time I wash it, had a few questions.

Is it wash, clay, wash?
I've heard to use isopropyl alcohol after claying it to get the residue off, is that true?
What sealant do I use after I clay it? People keep saying seal it after claying but never suggest or recommend a particular kind.

Thanks NT

I think I want to claybar da whip next time I wash it, had a few questions.

Is it wash, clay, wash?
I've heard to use isopropyl alcohol after claying it to get the residue off, is that true?
What sealant do I use after I clay it? People keep saying seal it after claying but never suggest or recommend a particular kind.

Thanks NT
Wash, clay, wash, compound, polish, wax.

Hmmm..may try that seafoam thing on my Si. How much to throw in the tank? Does it depend on how full your tank is?

Last edited:
I don't know what car to buy next, I want a Porsche Carrera 4s... in a few years but I'm unsure of what to do between now and then. I already did the BMW thing and that left a bad taste in my mouth with the warranty, repairs, unreliability. I've been looking at the Subaru STI, my pops and sister bought Subs in the past year (Legacy & Forester) and I am really impressed of what you get for the money you spend with that company. I just know that if I drop 60k I want it to be on something I love and I have tunnel vision on that Porsche.
Why not go with a 1-2 year old Cayman S or R?  With a 60K budget you could get a low mileage S or R Cayman and get a great introduction to the Porsche brand.  I just sold my 2012 Cayman R with 15K miles on it through ebay for 55K back in May.  Although it is a mid engine platform, you would get an excellent feel for the Porsche build quality before jumping up to the holy grail 911.  Also by getting one under warranty you would avoid the heavy cost for repairs encountered by the early model editions currently going in the 30s and low 40s.  Owning my first Porsche only made me more confident in the brand and quality, I hope to own a GT3 or 911 Turbo in the next 5 years and am confident that either one will have the build quality and reliability that I experienced with the entry level Cayman.

Nelson, that Evo sounds incredible, but I would be very careful with such a heavily modified car that wasn't under your direction.  At the very least I would have FFTEC do a leak down and compression test to verify the viability of the engine and internals.  I would also see if you can do a pre-purchase inspection to look for any previous paint or body work that might not be detected by carfax or autocheck.  I've been looking for a 97/98 MKIV Supra TT 6-speed for about 2 years now and have passed on about 5 bpu modified cars after pre-purchase inspection revealed info that the owners didn't disclose.  Also if you get it, keep the black paint and throw on some polished CCW's, love polished wheels on black cars.  Also that APR wing is awesome, keep it 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Anyone gotten a car fully painted recently? Wondering what i should expect for a rough price estimate. (No bodywork needed)
Got a whole big scenario im thinking about pulling the trigger on (which i won't go into yet) that would involve me wanting to change the paint color on a black evo because black cars suck

My uncle took his 65 Malibu to a MAACO. I don't know why he did it, but I'll tell you right now, don't go for a cheap paintjob. Just put out those extra thousands to get a nicer one.

Why is dude drifting in such a new car when he clearly doesn't have experience?

And why in a car without enough power to even drift properly? 

AND bumping "Gasolina" at the same time?

dude is full of fail

Last edited:
Thinking about copping a Accord coupe or Genesis coupe as a DD, wanted the camaro but the MPG is trash

the genesis coupe 2.0t is my DD.  it's pretty good on mileage.  it's geared for the highway, but with good driving, i usually manage 25 mpg city/highway.  my dad was visiting, wanted to drive my car from SD to LA, and was able to get 30+.  my '13 base model had an msrp of 25K, but they've bumped the price up around two thousand for the '14. 

my issue is i love hearing that turbo spool, and hks blow off.  mpg turns to crap at that point. lol

Any reason you are set on getting a Coupe?  The Accord Sedan is a lot nicer looking IMO. Not to mention more practical 

and that Genesis Sedan r-spec is nice! 
pimp.gif
     The genesis coupe 2.0t is pretty cool though

gpuzpaodfh0cgdamrcac.jpg

Last edited:
Why is dude drifting in such a new car when he clearly doesn't have experience?

And why in a car without enough power to even drift properly? 

AND bumping "Gasolina" at the same time?

dude is full of fail

I mean, everyone has to start somewhere. If I had a track and a few laps, id try to go for glory as well.

Back
Top Bottom