\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Alright i'll go ahead and explain the entire thing, it might be a long post, so bare with me:

My buddy has been searching for a decent Evo to buy, i have another buddy (who i met through cars like 8 years ago) who told me to offer his Evo to my buddy. He has owned it for like 6 years and just doesn't drive it anymore because he has a Deisel truck, a harley, and a street bike, so the Evo gets no love. So im getting details on the car for my buddy when i think "Wait a minute, this car is way better than mine and he is offering it at a ridiculously cheap price, i should sell mine to my buddy, and go buy this one".  And since my buddy is new to Evo's, he is totally cool with this because he doesn't want to jump into such a heavily modified one...

Here is the rundown on his car:

-First off, i know this guy, and i know the car is 100% legit and i know all the work that has been put into it.
-it's a clean title 2005 Evo GSR SSL (Sun, Sound, Leather)

-Motor was just completely built by an EXTREMELY reputable shop, FFTEC Motorsports.  has about 6k miles since the build

-it is a 2.3l stroker engine (Evos are 2.0 stock) with pretty much everything done to it that can be done. He was running a precision 6262 turbo on it, and safely putting out a little over 600whp on a Mustang Dyno

-Car already has the JDM rear bumper that i have on my car now, has much better suspension than i have, and has a built ****** and nice clutch (both of which i do not have)

-He sold the turbo kit, but would be selling the car with an Evo 9 turbo (because of the built engine, would still be considerably faster than my car, and safer)

-He was offering the car to us, as is with Volk RE30 rims, for 16k.  I don't need the rims as i have my own Volks, so he told me $14500 with stock evo X rims.

Leaving me with enough money left over to either put a big turbo on it like the Precision it used to have, or paint the car since i hate black

Cons:
Black paint (i don't like it, and i have a gravel driveway)

Not as smog friendly as my car

Car has about 20k more miles than mine (But the motor is practically brand new)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I'm certainly leaning towards it. I'm talking to him about smogging it for me. Since he is technically a disabled Veteran, the car has never had to be smogged.  It's registered out of state and has handicap plates.

Also trying to decide:

Leave it black and put a huge turbo on it since it has that built motor

or leave the stock Evo 9 turbo for now (Would max out around 450WHP/470WTQ) and paint the car a sick pearl white or creamy off-white

I mean, receipts are receipts. It seems like you can trust the guy, and if the shop is local you can also inquire about it indirectly with them.
Yea i know the owner of the car very well and also the shop. I had my first Evo tuned there. They are expensive but extremely well known and reputable.  They have kind of transitioned into specializing on GTR's now

http://www.fftec.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowNuffin  

Do it and dont paint it put a bigger turbo
 This man knows.

SN to post ratio is not making any sense.
roll.gif

There is also the option of going with the turbo, then selling my rims and using that money to paint the car.  Because i don't really need to be driving around with bright Orange rims and attracting attention when i have that under the hood....

Yeah do it black ain't that bad don't be lazy and just wash it dam it!!!!

All that horsepower!!!

But seriously do it sounds like you love the car minus the color.

welp, there you go.

Post pics when evo are received please.
smokin.gif

A lot of tuners that have previously tuned evo's have gone into GTR's. AMS has the fastest one I think, breaking 7's
eek.gif
haha well if it goes through you know ill post pics.  And vids 
devil.gif

Yea GTR's are too sick.  As far as i know that FFTEC shop has the record for fastest BMW 335i

Last edited:
nice.  i prefer white over black too, but if the black paint is good, i'd put that money towards the turbo or supporting mods.  also like someone mentioned a wrap, or even plasti dip (gun w/ backpack) can be viable temporary options.  a rebuilt/stroked 2.3 with rebuilt transmission, and aftermarket clutch.  those are key pieces to epic builds. 

the evo 9 turbo parts, sounds very reliable too.  you really have a lot of options

Ok so now he is enticing me with more options. He says i can buy the car for 14500, before i pick it up send the evo 9 turbo out to FP to have them upgrade it to an FP Black (the turbo used in that dyno sheet i posted earlier), he will then help me install the FP Black, and HE will pay to have the car tuned.

devil.gif

Last edited:
If you don't do it I will.
laugh.gif
i'm workin on it bro! Last thing i need to get locked down is the smog situation.  And working out a price for my buddy on my Evo. Gonna hook him up with a really good deal but i also can't give it away

I don't know what car to buy next, I want a Porsche Carrera 4s... in a few years but I'm unsure of what to do between now and then. I already did the BMW thing and that left a bad taste in my mouth with the warranty, repairs, unreliability. I've been looking at the Subaru STI, my pops and sister bought Subs in the past year (Legacy & Forester) and I am really impressed of what you get for the money you spend with that company. I just know that if I drop 60k I want it to be on something I love and I have tunnel vision on that Porsche.

Back
Top Bottom