\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

2013 impala ltz copped 2 months ago

This pipe fell off the back of this truck bounced off the ground and scratched the hell outta my quarter panel. How difficult would it be to repair this ?

Looks dented as well as scratched. Body shop will have to do it. And it's going to be expensive. Insurance might cover it because of how it happened.

What kind of car is that?

Last edited:
Looks dented as well as scratched. Body shop will have to do it. And it's going to be expensive. Insurance might cover it because of how it happened.

What kind of car is that?

Altima coupe. I didn't get the guys info or anything though. Would that still matter?

Meh, id rather have a 2014 Accord than a 2000 S500.

Its going to last you a lot longer, more modern, and probably better on gas.

Now if he said an 08 S500, its a different story...

Nice impala man. Almost grabbed one myself but copped accord instead

Thanks fam...I love this whip. It's not a Benz or a Bentley but it's got everything I wanted in a car. 4 door sedan with Sun roof, Leather seats, steering wheel controls, XM radio, remote start, and more power than I was expecting all stock

^^Cars heads..what do you think about that article?
nerd.gif

i'm looking for a used car..but don't know too much about cars
Just do your research and you should be fine.  Google the car and find out if there's any known issues and/or recalls, might want to read some reviews as well.  If/When you find a car at a dealership, on craigslist, or wherever, make sure the maintenance records are up-to-date and nothing was skipped, ask about accidents, ask if it's still under warranty, etc.  If possible, ask a mechanic or someone whose opinion you trust to check out the car with you.

Saw a really dope G37 at the dealer yesterday.... I actually liked it!

But i'm really leaning towards G37 IPL version. But mannnn this car was looking right!
Get the ipl is your going to stay stock, get the s if your going to mod.

The aero/ipl kit makes the car look so mean and wider.

Just do your research and you should be fine.  Google the car and find out if there's any known issues and/or recalls, might want to read some reviews as well.  If/When you find a car at a dealership, on craigslist, or wherever, make sure the maintenance records are up-to-date and nothing was skipped, ask about accidents, ask if it's still under warranty, etc.  If possible, ask a mechanic or someone whose opinion you trust to check out the car with you.

You're spot on with the maintenance records. Any car can become a pain if it hasn't been properly maintained. I got lucky when I came across my M5. The previous owner never missed a single service. I took it to the dealer and had them look everything over. They told me they couldn't find a single thing wrong.

Wanted to share with NT, hard work pays off. My plan coming to fruition. Surprising Mom with a new Lexus RX 350 to end 2014. For all the hard work and sacrifice.
my man :pimp:
hopefully I can do the same one day for my parents

Wow,Thanks for the info bro, I've never given the Cayman a look. I am reading up on the Cayman now and I like what I see, why did you sell yours?

Article I read on the Cayman Vs Carrera S
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/...14-porsche-cayman-is-better-than-the-911.html

In my opinion Porsche makes the most reliable daily drivers for sports cars in the market today.
there was an article posted a while back stating that Porsche make most reliable high performance luxury sports cars in the market.

The article is pretty spot on. If you don't know much about cars, then I would stay away from an older luxury car. As the article stated, older luxury cars aren't hard to work on, but you definitely need to know things about cars.

There is this myth that out of warranty luxury cars are a no-no because of how pricey repairs can get. Truth is, at least for me, that you can find replacement parts that are relatively inexpensive, and if you can perform the repairs yourself, luxury cars aren't hard to maintain.
Also every single problem these cars can go through is fully documented on the internet. 

They're entire forums just dedicated to certain models. 
man I got chewed out by most on here when I said I was considering an E46 325i :lol:

I'm still considering one, currently lurking on e46fanatics :nerd:

Last edited:
@louislagerfeld I have seen that stated on every car review site and in every article regarding Porsches, very reassuring.

Thanks again bro, I noticed the depreciation as I saw so many of them in the mid 30s, it was kind of shocking, but also very much appreciated. How tall are you by the way? and how was spacing in the cabin on any long trips etc.
Cabin was perfect for me at 5'8" and 150lbs.  I sold it to a guy who is around 6'2" and 200+lbs. and he was comfortable with the driver seat all the way back against the back of the cabin.  I would say its probably not a great car if you are heavy set or really tall as the cabin might get really tight.  I had a 2010 Shelby and that thing was huge inside, in fact I owned both the Cayman and the Shelby at the same time last year and ended up selling the Shelby because it was just massive and I didn't get the same feel and connection to the road as in the Cayman.  Part of that may have been the mid engine layout of the Cayman vs the Shelby, but it felt like a boat every time I drove it and then got back inside the Cayman.  The Everyday Driver youtube review I posted a few pages back pretty well sums up the Cayman's driving characteristics, you really feel one with the car and the road and literally every turn in that car inspires confidence that you can do almost anything and retain total control over the vehicle and road.  That car makes you feel like a superstar with each successive turn.  The Shelby was just a monster going from light to light in a straight line or when merging onto highways, but in the twisties I felt little to no confidence that I could keep the rear of the car from flying out from under me.  

For such a small 2-seater sports car, the Cayman actually has a surprising amount of storage space in the trunk and front (frunk) so traveling with bags for a weekend trip with a girl was no big deal.  If you can get to a local Porsche dealer I would see if you can sit in a few Boxsters and Caymans to get a feel for the cabin space.  Also at your price point I would also consider a 1-2 year old Jaguar F-type, M3, or Vette as all 3 would offer more cabin space than the Boxster/ Cayman and you could likely pick them up for around the same price.  Tough choice man, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of these!  

but it felt like a boat every time I drove it and then got back inside the Cayman. The Shelby was just a monster going from light to light in a straight line or when merging onto highways, but in the twisties I felt little to no confidence that I could keep the rear of the car from flying out from under me.  
That's an American car for ya

Guys... what would be the smarter choice for a daily driver?

Accord Coupe or G37?
depends on the year.

i think 2011 and prior the infiniti g had transmission issues that weren't always solved.

check nhtsa and ntsb for recalls and notices. 

I wonder what those 08's are going for :nerd:
One of the homies got one out in Palm Springs. 07 s63 with 87k for 38k. He tried to side show and ****** something up that cost 4k to fix. Dude barely drives it cause of gas but says his pushy meter has gone up.

Back
Top Bottom