\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

For those with display screens, what do you recommend I use to clean off all the finger prints?

i don't have one, but i used to detail cars. Best thing to use is one of those little cleaning clothes that are meant for TV/computer screens (They usually come with TV's and sometimes cell phones). but that only works if it's just fingerprints and stuff. If u went and splashed some drink on it or something then use a slightly damp Microfiber like the other guy said, then use the dry screen cleaning cloth afterwards to get streaks off

To the guy considering the Benz or WRX, what about an older gen STI like the hawkeye or hatch? Or even an Evo X since that's what the new wrx/sti look like anyway :tongue:

Last edited:
:x (in the worst way)
team no display screens. tho they do add to the interior, i just can't mess with digital displays other than my phone

From Benzs to buckets, I've never used an in-car display that actually worked well. Just about all of em are laggy, difficult to use (compared to a smartphone/tablet,) and they don't really do anything a smartphone can't.

They need to stop playing and just make a display that'll mirror whatever is on your cell phone.

Last edited:
:x (in the worst way)
team no display screens. tho they do add to the interior, i just can't mess with digital displays other than my phone

From Benzs to buckets, I've never used an in-car display that actually worked well. Just about all of em are laggy, difficult to use (compared to a smartphone/tablet,) and they don't really do anything a smartphone can't.

They need to stop playing and just make a display that'll mirror whatever is on your cell phone.

There is a aftermarket way to do this i just watched a video on actually ill see if i can find it

Last edited:
There is a aftermarket way to do this i just watched a video on actually ill see if i can find it

Oh yeah, I know. I'm planning on (hopefully) modding my GS so that I can replace the factory radio unit with an iPad Mini or Nexus 7. I just want that to be standard. :frown:

Oh yeah, I know. I'm planning on (hopefully) modding my GS so that I can replace the factory radio unit with an iPad Mini or Nexus 7. I just want that to be standard. :frown:

Yours doesn't have a built in navi? I was going to add ice to my gs but why? Stock system and sub are great. I just replaced the hd on the navi to 2005 just plugged in a tape aux to my phone and its good to go. If my navi didnt havr the address on file (which is rare) i have my phone

Just booked my hotel for Monterey car week :smokin Can't wait to get out there and see all those pony's in one place, it's my favorite time of the year.

Yours doesn't have a built in navi? I was going to add ice to my gs but why? Stock system and sub are great. I just replaced the hd on the navi to 2005 just plugged in a tape aux to my phone and its good to go. If my navi didnt havr the address on file (which is rare) i have my phone
Nope :frown:

It'd be nice, but I don't want the navi if its not OEM. I'd rather just spend a little extra and have a device like a Nexus 7 or iMini that I can undock and use as a multimedia device in addition to a navigation system. :pimp:

Nope
frown.gif

It'd be nice, but I don't want the navi if its not OEM. I'd rather just spend a little extra and have a device like a Nexus 7 or iMini that I can undock and use as a multimedia device in addition to a navigation system.
pimp.gif
My Corolla's been such a trooper that I'm looking to upgrade to a GS300. How the MPG and maintenance on it. I know it won't be anything like a Corolla but will it at least be decent?

My Corolla's been such a trooper that I'm looking to upgrade to a GS300. How the MPG and maintenance on it. I know it won't be anything like a Corolla but will it at least be decent?

Ive only had the car for a little over a month, but ill try to answer your questions as best i can.

I usually get right about 20mpg or so. I've driven a little over 1000 miles and I've filled up my tank like 3 times.

Can't tell you much about maintenance. But I do know that it is significantly cheaper than other luxury vehicles. I've read nothing but good things about them from other owners online; a lot of people see 250k+ miles. Bought mine at 123k and it was well cared for.

Other than that, the car as been a dream. Its the perfect balance of sport and style IMO. I couldn't have asked for a better car at this stage in my life.

I don't see how tesla drivers don't get pulled over with two huge *** lcd ipad consoles on the dash, yet they will harass the ishhh out of someone with a 4.5 screen cell phone.... Lol

Well, you don't need to hold the LCD consoles up to your face to operate them, for one. :lol:

I'm looking to buy an air compressor.. (basically to help with working on my evo X and the wife's outlander) can I get away with buying a small cheap one that's less than 150?

Will an electric impact wrench work too?

Thanks for the help NT fam!

Last edited:
lol people rustlin my jimmies talkin bout that wrx/sti lookin like an evo. i believe the 08+ evo looks mean but look close and the design is trash. the trunk is so small its absurd...the engine aint even that big and thet couldn't "fit" the battery in the front. >D its in the trunk.

evo interior is beyond garbage. the shift throws are LONG as hell. at the end of the day, for that kind of money id go STI all day especially the 15. better smarter design, more comfort and more standard features.

i only wish subaru offered more options. bring back the HIDs. lemme get the harmon/kardon system without that nav system (google maps is king).

....also subaru designers fail at life for thinking it was ok to sit the car on these

wrxsti15-wheel3.jpg

:smh: damn shame to put a mess like that on any car.

Remus exhaust is two weeks out.  I've been waiting for 16 months for it from Australia, so please understand my feels. 
happy.gif

the trunk is so small its absurd...the engine aint even that big and thet couldn't "fit" the battery in the front. grin.gif its in the trunk.

evo interior is beyond garbage. the shift throws are LONG as hell. at the end of the day, for that kind of money id go STI all day especially the 15. better smarter design, more comfort and more standard features.

I can tell the battery part is your preference and it really doesn't bother me one bit, but I've heard for YEARS how trash the Evo interior was but when I finally sat in one, I thought it was very sleek and not once did I, or anyone else who's sat next to me, think ugly. What am I missing?

the trunk is so small its absurd...the engine aint even that big and thet couldn't "fit" the battery in the front. grin.gif its in the trunk.

I can tell the battery part is your preference and it really doesn't bother me one bit, but I've heard for YEARS how trash the Evo interior was but when I finally sat in one, I thought it was very sleek and not once did I, or anyone else who's sat next to me, think ugly. What am I missing?

I always though the battery was to add weight in rear

false

idk it looks bland to me. to be fair the prev generation subarus were bland too. now they stepped it up.

also take a look at that center dash with nav. for some reason, if u get the car without the nav...

112_0803_36z%2B2008_mitsubishi_evo_x%2Binterior.jpg

where do you put your after market Double DIN?

shame really. once this officially dies out, there will hardly be any cars the WRX/STI is actually competing with. Golf R i guess...

Last edited:
i think you are the only guy with that issue :lol:

what other car or any other member have a 17 inch screen :rofl:

:lol:

You driving a tesla s? If so :smokin

:wink:

I don't see how tesla drivers don't get pulled over with two huge *** lcd ipad consoles on the dash, yet they will harass the ishhh out of someone with a 4.5 screen cell phone.... Lol

I don't browse the web when driving. At a stop light I'll occasionally load NT though. I don't eem need to use the huge screen for the navigation since I have it set up to automatically pop up on the dash screen on the left side. Everything is voice activated too. I just say the location I want to go to and that's it.

I have an evo X and while I agree that the interior isn't up to par, I didn't buy the car for the interior... I bought it for the awd system and everything else under the hood. The Recaro seats are an added bonus though.

I personally can't stand the new sti model.. I've "hated" but respected stis due to the boxer engine and how they look, especially the 04 models and the previous hatch models.. But the new ones are just turrible

I have an evo X and while I agree that the interior isn't up to par, I didn't buy the car for the interior... I bought it for the awd system and everything else under the hood. The Recaro seats are an added bonus though.

I personally can't stand the new sti model.. I've "hated" but respected stis due to the boxer engine and how they look, especially the 04 models and the previous hatch models.. But the new ones are just turrible

im not a wide dude, i can fit a large shirt...but those X recaro seats don't do it for me. too narrow lol.

Back
Top Bottom