\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

She's almost ready for her break-in oil change. :smokin

How many miles are you at now? Also, why change it yourself when the dealer does it for free?

'15 wrx or '13 c300?

im looking to buy a new car on my bday and im torn between the 2. completely different worlds, but both fit my personality (if that makes sense).

I drive a 2015 wrx. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

'15 wrx or '13 c300?

im looking to buy a new car on my bday and im torn between the 2. completely different worlds, but both fit my personality (if that makes sense).

I'd go with the WRX for the fun factor and the 13 c300 will be the outgoing gen in a few months. The c300 will get the thots doe.

'15 wrx or '13 c300?

Why buy a WRX when the STi exists though?

But i'd go with Subaru over Mercedes to avoid the German maintenance and repair costs. Not to mention how fast they depreciate.... 

you can't even call that german engineered anymore. looks foolish.
'15 wrx or '13 c300?

Why buy a WRX when the STi exists though?

But i'd go with Subaru over Mercedes to avoid the German maintenance and repair costs. Not to mention how fast they depreciate.... 

the STI is a hard sell no matter how you look at it. most people are bothered by the fact that the STI is still the old EJ series motor. that doesn't bother me per se. Its more the fact that for a difference of 6K you only get Brembo brakes, 18" rims and a wing. oh and you get the driver controlled center differential. at 305 hp, its A LOT of money to justify.

i could take a 15 WRX, throw on a new fuel map via Cobb for a stage 1 tune and bump up hp to at least STI range, and do a brake upgrade, for less than the difference. to be honest, most people would say the stock brakes will work just fine. especially if you get high performance pads. subaru's AWD system is one of the best on the market (along with VW/Audi) so the center differential isn't a big deal.

i am actually going to inquire about trading in my 12 hatch for a 15 WRX premium in DGM.

but don't get me wrong. the STI looks fire. and drives amazing. it is an amazing machine period. im just pointing out the hard sell vs a premium wrx (which has more than a base STI)

Last edited:
I can't get over the looks. An old *** 2006/07 sti still makes me turn my head but this one......

C300 will definitely have higher maintenance costs down the line, especially since it'll have about 2 years on it. You'll likely have to replace the tires soon depending on the mileage, etc.

I'd personally take the WRX in this scenario. Brand new and comes with a warranty. How much are you looking at for each?

I'd go with the WRX for the fun factor and the 13 c300 will be the outgoing gen in a few months. The c300 will get the thots doe.

im looking to spend around 30k. the reason why im considering the benz is because i recently drove my moms on a family trip to toronto, and i love the feel of it. my commute to work can be a ***** in traffic too, so driving manual would get irritating. i also dont like the '15 model of the c300, thats why im looking at a used one.

now ive wanted an wrx for some time now, so im leaning towards that. i dont feel like spending the extra 8k for the sti, because i dont see a justifiable price difference. the only thing thats making me hesitate is the commute to work and ill be damned if i buy an auto wrx.

If you deal with heavy traffic on the reg. No manual. I rather browse NT on my phone in traffic than deal with manual.

Last edited:
im looking to spend around 30k. the reason why im considering the benz is because i recently drove my moms on a family trip to toronto, and i love the feel of it. my commute to work can be a ***** in traffic too, so driving manual would get irritating. i also dont like the '15 model of the c300, thats why im looking at a used one.

now ive wanted an wrx for some time now, so im leaning towards that. i dont feel like spending the extra 8k for the sti, because i dont see a justifiable price difference. the only thing thats making me hesitate is the commute to work and ill be damned if i buy an auto wrx.
C300s are definitely nice. I had one as a rental, driving from LA to Vegas, and it was such a smooth ride. 

I drive a Civic Si in Dallas, and we get some pretty bad traffic. I get the concern about driving a manual in traffic, but it isn't bad enough for me to want to switch to an auto. Commutes are only a part of your day. There are plenty of other opportunities to have some fun with your car. 

C300s are definitely nice. I had one as a rental, driving from LA to Vegas, and it was such a smooth ride. 

I drive a Civic Si in Dallas, and we get some pretty bad traffic. I get the concern about driving a manual in traffic, but it isn't bad enough for me to want to switch to an auto. Commutes are only a part of your day. There are plenty of other opportunities to have some fun with your car. 

yeah, id definitely have much more fun with the wrx. my commute home isnt as bad as going to work. i guess that kind of works because itll keep me awake on the trek to work. i was planning on buying the car on my birthday (10/21) so i still have time to think. i'll do some test driving a little later on and see which i like more. i was also considering the CLA, but by the time you add up the options, youll be spending 40k.

As long as you aren't running a really stiff aftermarket clutch, I think a manual is doable in traffic. And like tk said, you use your car for much more than just commuting (I hope :lol: ).

For those with display screens, what do you recommend I use to clean off all the finger prints?

For those with display screens, what do you recommend I use to clean off all the finger prints?

slightly wet micro fiber

unless theres better ways to do it? :lol:

my screen gets dusty as hell too

That or just a spritz of TV/CPU/LCD screen cleaner, I use that and it's been aite

As long as you aren't running a really stiff aftermarket clutch, I think a manual is doable in traffic. And like tk said, you use your car for much more than just commuting (I hope :lol: ).

this dont eeeem cop a sports car if u just usin it for just commuting tbh

unless its a super car or somethin cuz id baby mines too if i had one :smokin :lol:

Last edited:
Personally... I'd cop a Lexus and a used wrx... You said you wanted a comfy dd, and that is the only thing Lexus does great imo... And a used wrx is just as fun as a brand new one... Hell @whatcanisay has a brand new one, and can't have fun with it yet...

Back
Top Bottom