\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Range Rover LWB seven seaters are still a year to two years based on what I have read online. It’s not the wait time that gets me, it’s the constant changes to the timeline and the sales guy trying to gaslight us by saying delivery date was always for December. That was a straight up lie.

We’re not idiots though. Attached attorney to email to GM asking for proof that order was placed when they said it was. Am not expecting them to provide anything but want to mess with them a bit.

Like someone mentioned above, am pretty confident they had spot but passed us up for ADM.

We have friends and connections at most luxury dealers down here (Porsche/Audi/Cadillac/Mercedes), just not Land Rover. We walked in cold on a Saturday and ended up with a random salesman.

Is owning the allocation and taking delivery worth anything? Is there any money to be made in flipping it or do we just call dealership and dump them once we have something else lined up?

Escalade V is coming down in price and a little negotiable. Two of my friends picked theirs up for sub 140 brand new.

Seems like since George Floyd's murder NYPD really doesn't give a damn about much. Tint enforcement isn't what it once was here in our city. Even before I got my State exemption for tint, I'd drive right past cops windows up full tint & they wouldn't bat an eye. Speaking of you should look into that...the photophobia excuse goes a long way :wink: .
Got a tint ticket back in 2019 from a rookie cop trying to move up the rank :lol:

Ford wylin charging that much for the GTD or whatever that mess is called. No idea why anyone would get that over a GT3 RS unless youre just a hardcore Mustang head.

Why? Because you don't understand what it actually is. It isn't some "body kit" as the informed like to shout about it on Instagram. It's a street legal LeMans GT3 class race car, with the horsepower unlocked (LeMans cars are limited to around 500 hp give or take, I have to look) & active aero & down force. And it's built by the actual people who build the race cars that run IMSA & WEC!

I actually submitted an application, not that I could afford it, but I did have a friend who would go in with me on it had I got chosen. Car will be worth more than it is priced at when it's said and done.

Did you say the same thing when Ford priced the new GT at $450k back in 2017 (and it continued to go up)? That car is now a $900k car minimum for good for a basic model, little more for a Carbon pack car and even more for a Heritage model. I think it's freaking amazing & I would take one over a GT3 RS anyday. Yeah I said that. Why? Because RACECAR!!! Oh and because I'm not blinded by the "Porsche only, everything else pales in comparison" bug.

Last edited:
Why? Because you don't understand what it actually is. It isn't some "body kit" as the informed like to shout about it on Instagram. It's a street legal LeMans GT3 class race car, with the horsepower unlocked (LeMans cars are limited to around 500 hp give or take, I have to look) & active aero & down force. And it's built by the actual people who build the race cars that run IMSA & WEC!

I actually submitted an application, not that I could afford it, but I did have a friend who would go in with me on it had I got chosen. Car will be worth more than it is priced at when it's said and done.

Did you say the same thing when Ford priced the new GT at $450k back in 2017 (and it continued to go up)? That car is now a $900k car minimum for good for a basic model, little more for a Carbon pack car and even more for a Heritage model. I think it's freaking amazing & I would take one over a GT3 RS anyday. Yeah I said that. Why? Because RACECAR!!! Oh and because I'm not blinded by the "Porsche only, everything else pales in comparison" bug.

I actually really like the Ford GT, but this yeah no. At the end of the day its a Mustang. Im good. It looks cool, def better than the lower trims. Last gen looked better in general but in any case, im gonna objectively and safely assume 9/10 people gonna take a GT3 RS over that.

Youre a hardcore Ford fan though. Nothing wrong with that, im just saying thats probably the 1/10.

Last edited:
I actually really like the Ford GT, but this yeah no. At the end of the day its a Mustang. Im good. It looks cool, def better than the lower trims. Last gen looked better in general but in any case, im gonna objectively and safely assume 9/10 people gonna take a GT3 RS over that.

Youre a hardcore Ford fan though. Nothing wrong with that, im just saying thats probably the 1/10.

I'm not a hard core Ford fan though, that's where you are wrong. I drove the 2024 Mustang GT and I freaking hate it. It's awful. Did I sell them? Sure I did. Because it was the place where my dad knew the GM when I told him I wanted to sell cars when I was 20 years old and other dealers literally told me, " it's a job for a man not a kid", and he gave me the opportunity. I leased my Maverick because I got it for invoice during a time when getting cars was impossible (Covid) & I was able to keep my Fusion lease an extra 18 months while I waited. I actually hate the fact Ford dropped all their sedans and I'm extremely critical of Farley. Frankly he should be fired! And their quality is abysmal.

And this isn't even in the same atmosphere as the lower trim levels of Mustangs. It just isn't. My next car WILL be a Lotus. Whenever that is, when I'm actually healthy enough & feel better to go back to working (not selling cars either & not into that life anymore). I won't buy any other new Fords as I'll probably just buy out my lease when it's done on the Maverick. And I won't ever buy a Porsche. To me they are ubiquitous in my area and, with the exception of GT cars, they all look the same and to me, not special enough.

You know who's going to buy the GTD? Track nuts who want a car to run on the weekends. THAT is what this car is meant to do. Can't wait to hear the ring times. Should be interesting.

I'm not a hard core Ford fan though, that's where you are wrong. I drove the 2024 Mustang GT and I freaking hate it. It's awful. Did I sell them? Sure I did. Because it was the place where my dad knew the GM when I told him I wanted to sell cars when I was 20 years old and other dealers literally told me, " it's a job for a man not a kid", and he gave me the opportunity. I leased my Maverick because I got it for invoice during a time when getting cars was impossible (Covid) & I was able to keep my Fusion lease an extra 18 months while I waited. I actually hate the fact Ford dropped all their sedans and I'm extremely critical of Farley. Frankly he should be fired! And their quality is abysmal.

And this isn't even in the same atmosphere as the lower trim levels of Mustangs. It just isn't. My next car WILL be a Lotus. Whenever that is, when I'm actually healthy enough & feel better to go back to working (not selling cars either & not into that life anymore). I won't buy any other new Fords as I'll probably just buy out my lease when it's done on the Maverick. And I won't ever buy a Porsche. To me they are ubiquitous in my area and, with the exception of GT cars, they all look the same and to me, not special enough.

You know who's going to buy the GTD? Track nuts who want a car to run on the weekends. THAT is what this car is meant to do. Can't wait to hear the ring times. Should be interesting.

Only thing is those “track nuts” who have that kinda money are gonna dump it into a GT3/GT3 RS. Why spend that much on a racecar Mustang when the GT3 RS already has that established presence, performance and I hate to use this word but that “aura”.

Hence me saying only the Ford nuts will be on this.

Last edited:
Because, RACECAR. A GT3 RS just looks like a supped up 911, while the GTD looks like a whole *** racecar. If anything has "aura" its the Mustang.

Only thing is those “track nuts” who have that kinda money are gonna dump it into a GT3/GT3 RS. Why spend that much on a racecar Mustang when the GT3 RS already has that established presence, performance and I hate to use this word but that “aura”.

Hence me saying only the Ford nuts will be on this.

It's the hottest car to have so it will draw all kinds of people. There is a guy near me who is a Lamborghini nut. Has multiple V12s and Huracans. He has a GTD allocation. So it's not all Ford nuts. Someone near me who I see at C&C, he has a Boxster Spyder (newest gen). Also has a GT350. He's definitely NOT a Ford guy. But again, what do I know. 🤷

And about "established presence"? Multimatic HAS that.

It's the hottest car to have so it will draw all kinds of people. There is a guy near me who is a Lamborghini nut. Has multiple V12s and Huracans. He has a GTD allocation. So it's not all Ford nuts. Someone near me who I see at C&C, he has a Boxster Spyder (newest gen). Also has a GT350. He's definitely NOT a Ford guy. But again, what do I know. 🤷

And about "established presence"? Multimatic HAS that.

GT3/GT3 RS line needs no explanation. Im a Porsche fan, youre not I get it but im being objective here. That GTD is gonna be one of those “iykyk” types.

Because, RACECAR. A GT3 RS just looks like a supped up 911, while the GTD looks like a whole *** racecar. If anything has "aura" its the Mustang.

????

Bruh the GTD looks like a suped up Mustang as much as an RS looks like a super up Carrera. :lol:

They both have the same formula, aero kits, giant wing, hood scoops.

IMG_7676.jpeg

IMG_7673.jpeg

I will say I do love this dark wine color on the GTD. Looks much better than the blue ive been seeing mostly.

I'm a Ford nut, I love my 2019 GT and it will be paid off in about 14 months. I somehow got in right before Ford ended the 0% APR on them in 2019 and only been paying 540 a month for the past 5 years. Race red, black accent package, 10 speed auto.

Was either thinking about trading it in for a newer GT, I want blue this time or a Lexus IS. In your opinion what's wrong with the 2024?

Or I might just chill, buy a beater and enjoy being without a car payment for a little while.

????

Bruh the GTD looks like a suped up Mustang as much as an RS looks like a super up Carrera. :lol:

They both have the same formula, aero kits, giant wing, hood scoops.
It is the same formula, but not the same execution. Look at a 911 GT3 next to a GT3 RS. Same car with a couple of extra areo bits. Now look at a GT500 next to a GTD. Thing looks like Super Mustang.

EDIT: Ive only seen one body kit that kinda maybe looks like a GTD and I dont even think you can actually buy it. Vaporware.

It is the same formula, but not the same execution. Look at a 911 GT3 next to a GT3 RS. Same car with a couple of extra areo bits. Now look at a GT500 next to a GTD. Thing looks like Super Mustang.

EDIT: Ive only seen one body kit that kinda maybe looks like a GTD and I dont even think you can actually buy it. Vaporware.

So we gonna ignore the base Carrera and just go straight to GT3 vs RS huh. At the end of the day look at the end products, the RS and the GTD. Cut from the same cloth. :lol: Both racecar.

I'm a Ford nut, I love my 2019 GT and it will be paid off in about 14 months. I somehow got in right before Ford ended the 0% APR on them in 2019 and only been paying 540 a month for the past 5 years. Race red, black accent package, 10 speed auto.

Was either thinking about trading it in for a newer GT, I want blue this time or a Lexus IS. In your opinion what's wrong with the 2024?

Or I might just chill, buy a beater and enjoy being without a car payment for a little while.

Take my criticism with a grain of salt, since my car is a 2006. I love my car. It's analog. No electric nannies other than basic T/C. And it's light. The new car feels all of the weight it is 3,900 without driver. When I drove it, I got on it and it didn't feel fast, if that makes any sense. Plus the inside is abysmal. 2 screens and NO climate knobs/buttons. Every darn thing is on the screen. I freaking hate that. I don't want to have to look on the screen to hit the right spot to adjust the climate. Give me normal knobs that become muscle memory in time.

Plus it's just not worth the money, to me at least. Mid to upper $50K for a GT. If I wanted a newer Mustang I'd much rather have a '21-'23 Mach 1 over a 2024 GT. That car is special. Gen 3 Coyote (bulletproof) with the Shelby GT350 Tremec trans (or A10). And it looks killer. I'd buy my Lotus I want over a new Mustang GT (and the price delta isn't that crazy different).

So we gonna ignore the base Carrera and just go straight to GT3 vs RS huh. At the end of the day look at the end products, the RS and the GTD. Cut from the same cloth. :lol: Both racecar.

Yeah I'll ignore the regular Carrera because it doesn't look anything special. To 90% of people it looks like every other Porsche on the road. Some people like that. Driving in something inconspicuous. Not me. It's why I want my Lotus. Most people confused the purple car with a McLaren 7 different times when she got it 2 years ago. I'm the one who loves striking up a conversation at a gas station if I see a cool/unique car. Some people don't like that. I get it. Plus the other reason why I want what I want, you just don't see them, with only 722 made in 2 years, so that's also why I like it. Rarity. More rare than an Aventador SVJ

Yeah I'll ignore the regular Carrera because it doesn't look anything special. To 90% of people it looks like every other Porsche on the road. Some people like that. Driving in something inconspicuous. Not me. It's why I want my Lotus. Most people confused the purple car with a McLaren 7 different times when she got it 2 years ago. I'm the one who loves striking up a conversation at a gas station if I see a cool/unique car. Some people don't like that. I get it. Plus the other reason why I want what I want, you just don't see them, with only 722 made in 2 years, so that's also why I like it. Rarity. More rare than an Aventador SVJ

The point was he was trying to say the GT3 RS isnt as much racecar looking from a GT3, but im saying were going base model to top end. Carrera to an RS, base Mustang to the GTD. The difference is drastic.

I will say the wider hips on all trim 992’s do alot for the car. It def has alot more presence than the previous base model gens. That being said yeah unless youre knowledgeable youre not gonna know which gen is which and they are all relatively unassuming.

I never said the GTD doesnt look special, all I said was idk why you (in general) would pick one over a GT3 RS. When you want that level of car the RS is pretty much the gold standard.

Overall its good to see competition being brought out, and that brands are investing in this type of car. We dont need anymore SUV’s out there.

Cept for my dawg who still looking for that 3 row. We believe in you playa. :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom