\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I cant get down with tinted windshields, it just makes it harder to see at night. Just get some legit sunglasses.

IMG_7124.jpeg

Aint completely dark yet when I took this but damn this dark as hell at night. I mean I know its spose to be but I coudnt see **** inside until I was up close.

What % do SUV’s come with in the back?

Last edited:
Yeah no thanks, NYC youre gonna get pulled over 6x a day. :lol:

Honestly too I kinda dont like the 5% look on tints. It looks too black where it doesnt even look like a window anymore. 20% looks best IMO.
Seems like since George Floyd's murder NYPD really doesn't give a damn about much. Tint enforcement isn't what it once was here in our city. Even before I got my State exemption for tint, I'd drive right past cops windows up full tint & they wouldn't bat an eye. Speaking of you should look into that...the photophobia excuse goes a long way :wink: .

Seems like since George Floyd's murder NYPD really doesn't give a damn about much. Tint enforcement isn't what it once was here in our city. Even before I got my State exemption for tint, I'd drive right past cops windows up full tint & they wouldn't bat an eye. Speaking of you should look into that...the photophobia excuse goes a long way :wink: .

I have a legit excuse so that isnt a problem. Still would wanna avoid the whole getting pulled over thing altogether though.

That being said, I think imma tint my windshield 50 if I get the exemption. :lol:

With tint I say go dark or go home. 5% ceramic all around. Love it as it preserves the leather & dash that much more.
20240910_112115.jpg
20240902_120928.jpg
20240902_120920.jpg
20240902_110835.jpg
20240902_110744.jpg
20240902_110736.jpg

Idk man, I dont like the look of heavily black 5% tint. As I said before they dont even look like windows anymore then. I get its for privacy but I like a slight see through look.

yeah police here can't stop you for tints, I think because mpd is always on bs like zmaq said.

we tint our dump trucks too at work any tint is illegal on them.

Got 15% on my 250 with a 5% visor, 15% on the Braptor. Wish they were darker but being old it’s hard to see out at night without any light. About to redo the Skyline probably in 15 from 20

I guess living in NYC seeing at night isn't as much of an issue. Somewhere like Richmond, TX will have you out here like Mr. Magoo at night.

LMAO!

ITS DARK IN MY AREA, NO STREET LIGHTS.

BUT I HAVE BRIGHT FACTORY HEADLIGHTS PLUS DITCH LIGHTS PLUS TRIPLE FOG LIGHTS… NO ISSUES FOR ME😂😂😂😂

Yeah no thanks, NYC youre gonna get pulled over 6x a day. :lol:

Honestly too I kinda dont like the 5% look on tints. It looks too black where it doesnt even look like a window anymore. 20% looks best IMO.
i have 5% on my back widows and 20% on my front 2, honestly wouldn’t want 5% all around IMO not safe to drive at night with it that dark, i still gotta unroll my windows sometimes to see at night lol

and as for the windshield i just got the strip at the top of the window

I have a legit excuse so that isnt a problem. Still would wanna avoid the whole getting pulled over thing altogether though.

That being said, I think imma tint my windshield 50 if I get the exemption. :lol:
Yeah, getting pulled over always has potential for things to escalate to something they never should've. Definitely hear you on that.

Yeah, 50 sounds pretty good go for it. Plus when you have the exemption it comes up automatically on their screens when they run your plate. Doesn't guarantee they won't pull you over if they want to but at least they know it's legitimate.
Idk man, I dont like the look of heavily black 5% tint. As I said before they dont even look like windows anymore then. I get its for privacy but I like a slight see through look.
Looks sleek as hell, in my opinion. I get it some amount of natural light should pass through, can't go wrong either way. I drive it with the windows down & sunroof open all the way...love to hear the engine and exhaust rumbling.
yeah police here can't stop you for tints, I think because mpd is always on bs like zmaq said.

we tint our dump trucks too at work any tint is illegal on them.
Most police dept's be on some 🐂💩especially NYPD. MPD is definitely up there as well. I've read Vegas cops are some of the absolute worst in the country.

So having tint of any percentage on any work truck is illegal in MN?

Nah that dark *** 5% tint is OD
If anything it's not dark enough :lol:
I guess living in NYC seeing at night isn't as much of an issue. Somewhere like Richmond, TX will have you out here like Mr. Magoo at night.
Yeah, not too bad. Plenty of street lights out here if it were Upstate NY that'd be a completely different story. Is Richmond more in the countryside? I'd think Dallas/Houston/San Antonio are well lit cities.
love that dark tint, plus it kinda prevents streetwalkers from looking in ur car, sometimes i have an ipad or macbook in the backseat. :lol:
Exactly this 💯 + it looks killer
i have 5% on my back widows and 20% on my front 2, honestly wouldn’t want 5% all around IMO not safe to drive at night with it that dark, i still gotta unroll my windows sometimes to see at night lol

and as for the windshield i just got the strip at the top of the window
You get used to it quick but yes, it is definitely dangerous at night. The trick to driving such a dark car like this is to never drive it after sunset :lol:. Helps it's not my daily, if it were I'd possibly leave the windshield clear.

Back
Top Bottom