\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don't understand the Porsche naming scheme.

They made the 993 then 991 and now 992. Why is it not in sequence

It went:
930 (or G series)

:lol:

Didnt like the 996 gen (scrambled egg headlights) but man they grew on me. Also the most affordable gen right now. Can get a nice turbo model for not that much (relatively speaking).

Last edited:
I met my favorite at the porsche museum on the slim chance i had to last year . Since i left there i havent seen one since. Let alone a gt2rs, i see those go for (last time i looked ) half a mil now so thats out of reach
IMG_9191.jpeg
IMG_9193.jpeg
IMG_9192.jpeg

I met my favorite at the porsche museum on the slim chance i had to last year . Since i left there i havent seen one since. Let alone a gt2rs, i see those go for (last time i looked ) half a mil now so thats out of reach
IMG_9191.jpeg
IMG_9193.jpeg
IMG_9192.jpeg

964 Turbo S models go for over a mil. :sick:

Even just regular Turbo’s go for like $220k.

Went car shopping for the wife today. Test drove a 2023 Range Rover and wife designed a pretty nice 2024 Range Rover LWB with 3 rows. Was offered at MSRP but would have to wait until April for delivery. Interior is very minimalistic. Different than the German brands. Incredibly comfortable though.

Our connection at Mercedes offered us the opportunity to build a G550 and grab it for cost. Feel like if you can get that deal you have to grab it. Wife wants to test drive one first, but will have to wait until October before they have one on the lot.

I think the 2025 G550 is getting a Facelift and infotainment system is getting upgraded to newer MBUX system. Going to try and get to front of list for 2025 with fall 2024 delivery.
I’d rather have a Wrangler over a GWagon. Four wheels on a cinder block is not 150+. Literally the most corny SUV on the market.

IMG_9191.jpeg
IMG_9193.jpeg
IMG_9192.jpeg
wait what in the hell is a gt2???

my boy just copped a 992 gt3, soo beautiful mane :wow:

wait what in the hell is a gt2???

my boy just copped a 992 gt3, soo beautiful mane :wow:

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/models/997/997-gt2/

During the 997.1 model years, the GT2 was the most aggressive 911.

When they transitioned over to the 997.2 generation, they also transitioned it to the GT2RS which further reduced more weight, added more power, and incorporated new technology such as PASM. Production was limited to 500 units for the GT2RS.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/models/997/997-gt2/

During the 997.1 model years, the GT2 was the most aggressive 911.

When they transitioned over to the 997.2 generation, they also transitioned it to the GT2RS which further reduced more weight, added more power, and incorporated new technology such as PASM. Production was limited to 500 units for the GT2RS.

And don't forget the earlier GT2s. They were both amazing in their own right.

993 GT2. Worth millions today. This particular car, Riviera Blue, sold for $2.4M.....in 2016!!! 🤯🤯
1473280338-screen-shot-2016-09-07-at-43054-pm.png

So freaking wicked!

Then Porsche came out with a 996 GT2.
TRS_0786-tiny-2048x0-0.5x0.jpg

The GT2 was always the most powerful 911 they would make. Totally bat**** crazy!!

I think its more about ******** on G Wagons than anything else. The Wrangler has had a steep decline in quality and reliability after like 2020.

EDIT: Damn, right after they were acquired by Stellantis. :wow:

I think its more about ******** on G Wagons than anything else. The Wrangler has had a steep decline in quality and reliability after like 2020.

EDIT: Damn, right after they were acquired by Stellantis. :wow:
I don't know what you've been looking at but Jeep has introduced an upscale "luxury" model of everything including the Wrangler so if you want quality you can pay 100k+ for a Grand Wagoneer.
If there is a reliability decline and I can't confirm or deny that it would be because of the introduction of more tech and more engines. Slow roll of the JL started in 2018 so that would make sense. You know some manufacturers have a life cycle less than 20yrs. People ***** when there's no tech and then ***** that there's issues with new tech. SMH

Stellantis was actually a merger and not an acquisition.

I don't know what you've been looking at but Jeep has introduced an upscale "luxury" model of everything including the Wrangler so if you want quality you can pay 100k+ for a Grand Wagoneer.
If there is a reliability decline and I can't confirm or deny that it would be because of the introduction of more tech and more engines. Slow roll of the JL started in 2018 so that would make sense. You know some manufacturers have a life cycle less than 20yrs. People ***** when there's no tech and then ***** that there's issues with new tech. SMH

Stellantis was actually a merger and not an acquisition.

Grand Wagoneer is literally the ugliest vehicle in the Jeep lineup, and in its class. The proportions and overall look of that is terrible.

I always liked JGC’s but this new gen looks terrible too. Last gen >>> and it aint even close.

Back
Top Bottom