\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Went car shopping for the wife today. Test drove a 2023 Range Rover and wife designed a pretty nice 2024 Range Rover LWB with 3 rows. Was offered at MSRP but would have to wait until April for delivery. Interior is very minimalistic. Different than the German brands. Incredibly comfortable though.

Our connection at Mercedes offered us the opportunity to build a G550 and grab it for cost. Feel like if you can get that deal you have to grab it. Wife wants to test drive one first, but will have to wait until October before they have one on the lot.

I think the 2025 G550 is getting a Facelift and infotainment system is getting upgraded to newer MBUX system. Going to try and get to front of list for 2025 with fall 2024 delivery.
Does she know the G wagen doesn't have keyless entry?

The only aspect I just can’t get behind is the weight of this Gen M3/M4…. Iirc it is like 39xxlbs….. that’s so crazy to me. I don’t doubt the driving aspect but man that’s just a lot.

I imagine it would be a great daily driver tho

What's so crazy to understand? People today was all the amenities you can possibly get in a car. Luxuries that weren't there 10 years ago. All those luxuries add weight. And manufacturers have to have all the newest required safety items installed or the car can't be sold. That also adda weight. And they can't throw in a boatload of carbon fiber to help take some weight out because that will only add to the cost. To the days of a sub 3,000 lb sport sedan or 3,300 lb car from a normal company like MB, or BMW, or whoever (not counting the exotics) just won't really happen anymore.

IMG_5827.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

A bit to me.
not even close IMO

once you see a GT in person, its not to be mistaken for any other car on the road

proportions and silhouette pretty unique

I actually got offered a NEW 2022 SL63 with 50k off MSRP. 10k off extra for owning a 911 which I found interesting.

That's actually why I was trying to sell my Model Y earlier in this thread, but i'd be stuck with literally 3 2-Door cars.

But the deal is hard as hell to beat. It came out to like 1500/mo for 7500 miles a year. It was everything you could ask for, chalk color exterior on red.

I backed out though, and honestly the dealer still has the car, as do many others stuck with 2022 SL63's with 2024 models on the horizon. It was a 193k msrp car I was getting for 152k.

That being said, I love the new AMG GT, but if it's priced like the SL then a Roma is a better option, unless of course you can get 50k off.

Another amazing Monterey car week in the books. I won't bombard you guys with all the pics I took since you probably can find them all on the internet but I'll just share a few. Plus you guys already saw the Aston Martin Valkyrie and Bugattis I posted from a few pages ago.

Bugatti Bolide
Bugatti.jpg

Ferrari 250 that competed at Le Mans
Ferrari.jpg

Ford GT MK II
Ford.jpg

2 Ferrari Laferrari
Laferrar 2.jpg
Laferrari.jpg

Lamborghini Lanzador Concept
Lamborghini 2.jpg

Lamborghini Centenario
Lamborghini.jpg

Mclaren Solus GT
Mclaren.jpg

Pagani
Pagani.jpg

Tuatara
Tuata.jpg

I'm about to look at a 2017 Explorer Sport (25k w/60k miles)) and 2018 MDX (27k w/70k miles) recommendations?

If the Explorer checks out, I'd buy this over the MDX. Sold a bunch of Sport Explorers of that Gen (HATE HATE the new version). Never really had any come back for anything serious or major. Glad it's a 2017 as it's Sync 3 which is light-years better than the prior year MyFord Touch, which was an absolute **** SHOW!! So bad they had to speed up the Sync 3 changeover.

If you decide on the Explorer, do yourself a favor on it. Would you be buying the Explorer from a Ford dealer, or a used car shop? I only ask, as with 60k, and lots of electronics, I would definitely get a price on a Ford ESP Premium Care plan. Will cover virtually everything, sans wear items and has a $100 deductible. Will even pay you back if you have a breakdown 100 miles from home and you need to stay overnight somewhere due to a covered repair. Lodging, meals, etc. Just keep receipts and they will send you a check once you submit. Nice thing with a Ford plan, if it's a covered item that breaks, ITS REPAIRED no questions asked!

If the Explorer checks out, I'd buy this over the MDX. Sold a bunch of Sport Explorers of that Gen (HATE HATE the new version). Never really had any come back for anything serious or major. Glad it's a 2017 as it's Sync 3 which is light-years better than the prior year MyFord Touch, which was an absolute **** SHOW!! So bad they had to speed up the Sync 3 changeover.

If you decide on the Explorer, do yourself a favor on it. Would you be buying the Explorer from a Ford dealer, or a used car shop? I only ask, as with 60k, and lots of electronics, I would definitely get a price on a Ford ESP Premium Care plan. Will cover virtually everything, sans wear items and has a $100 deductible. Will even pay you back if you have a breakdown 100 miles from home and you need to stay overnight somewhere due to a covered repair. Lodging, meals, etc. Just keep receipts and they will send you a check once you submit. Nice thing with a Ford plan, if it's a covered item that breaks, ITS REPAIRED no questions asked!
Curious, I thought those explorer had a bunch of issues (Turbo/PCM/etc?

Curious, I thought those explorer had a bunch of issues (Turbo/PCM/etc?
The new ones had a world of issues. But if all the Sports that I sold, very few that I honestly remember ever came back for anything serious. Most came in for software updates for Sync 3 and normal routine maintenance. Remember, by 2017, the 3.5 Ecoboost had been out for 7 years now (first was implemented in the 2011 F150). So by then, the motor was much better than the early years for the engine.

I woudnt touch any Explorer over any MDX.

Suit yourself. MDX is boring. Having driven a boatload of prior gen Explorer Sports, its a comfortable vehicle. Would I buy one myself? No, because I don't need a large SUV for any reason. But they were always nicely equipped and did their job well. The new one is the complete opposite. But then again, what do I know. I know sold them. 🤷

Suit yourself. MDX is boring. Having driven a boatload of prior gen Explorer Sports, its a comfortable vehicle. Would I buy one myself? No, because I don't need a large SUV for any reason. But they were always nicely equipped and did their job well. The new one is the complete opposite. But then again, what do I know. I know sold them. 🤷

MDX is boring but the Explorer isnt? Atleast the MDX has somewhat nice interiors, especially the new ones.

I'm about to look at a 2017 Explorer Sport (25k w/60k miles)) and 2018 MDX (27k w/70k miles) recommendations?

I just bought a 2020 Explorer XLT this past weekend (silver w/black rims). It had 29K on it, fully loaded. I haul a lot of crap in my car for work, so the third row seat got immediately folded down. To be fair, the owner of the Ford dealership is a friend of mine, so he knocked 15% off, but I grew up driving an Explorer and like the vehicle.

Anyway, I really like it so far.

MDX is boring but the Explorer isnt? Atleast the MDX has somewhat nice interiors, especially the new ones.

I call it like I see it. The Sport was nicely appointed. Comfortable seats with full heat & a/c, heated steering wheel, trizone climate, a very good 4wd system (I always took one one when it was gonna snow overnight and I had to be back in early to clean the cars (salespeople were the cheapest labor for cleaning snow, as we didn't get paid if we don't sell anything. So the sooner you cleaned the lot and cars the sooner you were back in business). Never got stuck once,, I can tell you that (and I lived 20 miles from work on crappy roads with some hills on my route in).

And I'm just giving my opinion from my near quarter century in the business. Sorry it doesn't flow with the masses. And before anyone accuses me of being a Ford homer, trust me I'M NOT!! Yes I have a Mustang GT, which I bought for myself for surviving my liver failure & making through the transplant and recovering at age 27. And I have a Fusion Energi now. Was a stupid cheap lease when it was new as I had to get something ASAP when I lost my demo due to the dealer being bought.

I have a Maverick in order only because the MPG is ridiculous (says 40 but customers are getting well over 50 mpg), and I can get it for X-Plan (basically invoice) in this market. No MSRP or ADM like most dealers are doing on these. But I wouldn't buy or frankly don't want a new Mustang. Not worth the $$$ IMHO when there are so many more fun cars out there (I want a Lotus) And I can't stand the CEO. He's a jackass who isn't helping things in regards to the putrid quality now. It's also why I sold all my Ford stock I had last year. Glad I did as it's been a nosedive since. Really should have sold it last January instead of July. Would have made another $8 per share. But again, I'm only going off of Explorers I sold and my coworkers sold that I didn't see in for anything major. 👍

I call it like I see it. The Sport was nicely appointed. Comfortable seats with full heat & a/c, heated steering wheel, trizone climate, a very good 4wd system (I always took one one when it was gonna snow overnight and I had to be back in early to clean the cars (salespeople were the cheapest labor for cleaning snow, as we didn't get paid if we don't sell anything. So the sooner you cleaned the lot and cars the sooner you were back in business). Never got stuck once,, I can tell you that (and I lived 20 miles from work on crappy roads with some hills on my route in).

And I'm just giving my opinion from my near quarter century in the business. Sorry it doesn't flow with the masses. And before anyone accuses me of being a Ford homer, trust me I'M NOT!! Yes I have a Mustang GT, which I bought for myself for surviving my liver failure & making through the transplant and recovering at age 27. And I have a Fusion Energi now. Was a stupid cheap lease when it was new as I had to get something ASAP when I lost my demo due to the dealer being bought.

I have a Maverick in order only because the MPG is ridiculous (says 40 but customers are getting well over 50 mpg), and I can get it for X-Plan (basically invoice) in this market. No MSRP or ADM like most dealers are doing on these. But I wouldn't buy or frankly don't want a new Mustang. Not worth the $$$ IMHO when there are so many more fun cars out there (I want a Lotus) And I can't stand the CEO. He's a jackass who isn't helping things in regards to the putrid quality now. It's also why I sold all my Ford stock I had last year. Glad I did as it's been a nosedive since. Really should have sold it last January instead of July. Would have made another $8 per share. But again, I'm only going off of Explorers I sold and my coworkers sold that I didn't see in for anything major. 👍

Those Explorers have more plastic than a boob job convention.

Back
Top Bottom