\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My personal opinion I think most consumers have mcmansion mentality even with cars. Thus cars continue to get bigger and bigger and move to suvs which have gotten bigger and bigger. And it’s like they are never big enough lol…

Growing up my sister were fine in the back seat of a 2 door. Tight but nothing like bad. Today it’s like sacrilegious to put anyone in the back seat of a coupe.

The world got soft.

Hell in college we fit dudes in the back of my SC 400 and made it. Not ideal but whatever.

We took 6 people with luggage in the LX 600 to DC and back from Atlanta. No one died lol. The car magazines would have you believe it was impossible without a giant suburban or something…
false
the reason cars are getting bigger is politicians

this kinda talks about it too

ive road tripped all kinda cars from a tiny 2001 honda insight to a 2022 escalade
im taking the escalade everyday :lol:

but car community is beautiful cuz diversity, shoutout to the guys in 911s taking their kids places

false
the reason cars are getting bigger is politicians

this kinda talks about it too

ive road tripped all kinda cars from a tiny 2001 honda insight to a 2022 escalade
im taking the escalade everyday :lol:

but car community is beautiful cuz diversity, shoutout to the guys in 911s taking their kids places

Right I said personal opinion. I’m in the industry so well aware of the analytics of safety affecting size, weight and design. But i’m also aware people just want larger cars as you noted. Why Honda dropped the Fit for a HR-V. Kia just dropped the Rio. Ford doesn’t even sell cars. And the size of each generation gets larger. It’s why a current generation M3 is the size of an E39 5 series. It’s also why the media says the “LX needs to be bigger” as it’s stayed the same wheelbase for 30 years for off roading and why a larger TX is coming. It’s why we got a bunch of fake suv “coupes” being sold instead of a real one.

And I agree with you cause cars have gotten amazingly better, especially suvs and it makes sense to drive the larger more comfy SUV.

As an enthusiast tho, this means coupes (real 2 door coupes) and sport sedans are dying. It is what it is but will do my part to showcase coupes can offer daily utility. I was at Costco in the Fuji today lol

My personal opinion I think most consumers have mcmansion mentality even with cars. Thus cars continue to get bigger and bigger and move to suvs which have gotten bigger and bigger. And it’s like they are never big enough lol…

Growing up my sister were fine in the back seat of a 2 door. Tight but nothing like bad. Today it’s like sacrilegious to put anyone in the back seat of a coupe.

The world got soft.

Hell in college we fit dudes in the back of my SC 400 and made it. Not ideal but whatever.

We took 6 people with luggage in the LX 600 to DC and back from Atlanta. No one died lol. The car magazines would have you believe it was impossible without a giant suburban or something…
Maybe it's how I grew up because my dad had an Oldsmobile ninety-eight when I was real little. It was basically a land yacht. After that both parents got the Buick LeSabre's which were again huge.
My first car was a coupe and every car after has gradually been bigger.
As a recent transplant to Texas I can tell you most of the vehicles on the road out here are massive. The lanes are the same size as the trucks which makes me paranoid anytime I'm passing someone. One slight move and someone will take you out. Horrible accidents happen here on the daily with the high speed limits, big trucks, and bad drivers. If it does happen to me one day I'd rather my family be in a big F150 over a coupe.

Last edited:
Current BMW design language is trash IMO

hate the taillights on the new 5 and 7

cars are so sharp and boxy right now, Im just not a fan but to each his own

MBZ on the other hand looks like they moving back in the right direction with the next gen

Maybe it's how I grew up because my dad had an Oldsmobile ninety-eight when I was real little. It was basically a land yacht. After that both parents got the Buick LeSabre's which were again huge.
My first car was a coupe and ever car after has gradually been bigger.
As a recent transplant to Texas I can tell you most of the vehicles on the road out here are massive. The lanes are the same size as the trucks which makes me paranoid anytime I'm passing someone. One slight move and someone will take you out. Horrible accidents happen here on the daily with the high speed limits, big trucks, and bad drivers. If it does happen to me one day I'd rather my family be in a big F150 over a coupe.

Texas is all about size lol…Every time I get on an freeway overpass I’m like WTF hahahha

Right I said personal opinion. I’m in the industry so well aware of the analytics of safety affecting size, weight and design. But i’m also aware people just want larger cars as you noted. Why Honda dropped the Fit for a HR-V. Kia just dropped the Rio. Ford doesn’t even sell cars. And the size of each generation gets larger. It’s why a current generation M3 is the size of an E39 5 series. It’s also why the media says the “LX needs to be bigger” as it’s stayed the same wheelbase for 30 years for off roading and why a larger TX is coming. It’s why we got a bunch of fake suv “coupes” being sold instead of a real one.

And I agree with you cause cars have gotten amazingly better, especially suvs and it makes sense to drive the larger more comfy SUV.

As an enthusiast tho, this means coupes (real 2 door coupes) and sport sedans are dying. It is what it is but will do my part to showcase coupes can offer daily utility. I was at Costco in the Fuji today lol
great points dude, kudos

and yeah i think that is one reason why the 911 is so successful and great at what it does. its bigger than previous generations but relative to the comp its pretty small still

New M5 leak

2024-BMW-M5-leaked-image.jpg

I don't know how small you and your kids are but "fit perfect is the back of my Taycan" is pure BS unless you're the Johnston's. I had a Wrangler and my kids feet were planted on the back seats. Taycan can't be any bigger.

We all now have a ton of room for people and stuff in the Raptor. Wife has a 3 row and anything less than what we have now would be a compromise.

Not sure who the Johnston’s are supposed to be - but my kids are four and six and it works great. Kids are both tall for their size and in high back boosters. Taycan is perfect for that and the kids love it. Glass roof makes back seat feel roomier than it is too.

To echo what previous posters have said, Americans are disillusioned with vehicle size. My wife grew up in the 90’s in the south when every family had a three row Expedition or Suburban no matter what, and has that same mindset that if you have kids you have to have something big with three rows. I grew up poor climbing into whatever two door cars my parents could find. We’re programmed to want the biggest vehicles possible., but if you only have two kids, a five seater is fine. If my kids complain that the Taycan is too tight, it’s just a sign of a good life and they probably need to suffer a little more. LOL

Not sure who the Johnston’s are supposed to be - but my kids are four and six and it works great. Kids are both tall for their size and in high back boosters. Taycan is perfect for that and the kids love it. Glass roof makes back seat feel roomier than it is too.

To echo what previous posters have said, Americans are disillusioned with vehicle size. My wife grew up in the 90’s in the south when every family had a three row Expedition or Suburban no matter what, and has that same mindset that if you have kids you have to have something big with three rows. I grew up poor climbing into whatever two door cars my parents could find. We’re programmed to want the biggest vehicles possible., but if you only have two kids, a five seater is fine. If my kids complain that the Taycan is too tight, it’s just a sign of a good life and they probably need to suffer a little more. LOL
So do you live in a tiny house? I mean any more than a few hundred square feet is unnecessary and wasteful anyways right? I'm sure everyone will be "comfortable".

The Johnston's are a family of little people on the TLC network.

Last edited:
So do you live in a tiny house? I mean any more than a few hundred square feet is unnecessary and wasteful anyways right? I'm sure everyone will be "comfortable".

The Johnston's are a family of little people on the TLC network.
That‘s not my position. You’re on here criticizing random people for not driving larger vehicles and trying to pick fights. Drive what you like.

That‘s not my position. You’re on here criticizing random people for not driving larger vehicles and trying to pick fights. Drive what you like.
I don't criticize anyone. I state facts and then see people attempt to defend why the opposite is "comfortable" for them and their family and then say it's a "suburban mindset" that is driving people to larger vehicles instead of the fact that they're actually more comfortable and safer. Anyways the world is full of choices and I'll choose a larger vehicle for my family over a car with glass roof that makes it "feel more roomier" any day. Cheers!

Driving a small car was cool when I was younger.

At this stage, the smallest I can do is a 4 door sedan.

If I was single or just a weekend car, maybe I could do a 2 door coupe but it wouldn't be practical for my needs.

Back
Top Bottom