\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I’d rather have a Wrangler over a GWagon. Four wheels on a cinder block is not 150+. Literally the most corny SUV on the market.
Yeah but life is short. Drive cool stuff. It’s a car, not a child, not stuck with it for life. If it sucks you move on.
I wouldn't mind a Porsche if I didn't have 2 small kids. Having a $200k two seater take up space just so I can take it out once every other week by myself just doesn't make sense.

I have two small kids and they fit perfect in the back of my Taycan. We were on the fence about another kid and as soon as we decided to be done, switched from big SUV to Porsche.

Yeah but life is short. Drive cool stuff. It’s a car, not a child, not stuck with it for life. If it sucks you move on.

I have two small kids and they fit perfect in the back of my Taycan. We were on the fence about another kid and as soon as we decided to be done, switched from big SUV to Porsche.
I don't know how small you and your kids are but "fit perfect is the back of my Taycan" is pure BS unless you're the Johnston's. I had a Wrangler and my kids feet were planted on the back seats. Taycan can't be any bigger.

We all now have a ton of room for people and stuff in the Raptor. Wife has a 3 row and anything less than what we have now would be a compromise.

I also fit two kids comfortably in a taycan…thinking about trading my suv in for a ct4/4s

I plan to feature this badass Buckhead Imports XJR soon….
IMG_3538.jpeg

Speaking of Jaguar, what happened to the brand? All the models are ageing

JLR is only focusing on Land Rover it seems

Speaking of Jaguar, what happened to the brand? All the models are ageing

JLR is only focusing on Land Rover it seems

Sounds like all SUVs and EVs… wild as they initially said suvs are not luxury and they won’t make them…

If you like Porche and have the money, so beat it, buy it.

I just don't get people that buy vehicles because they think is a status symbol (unless we are talking about high 6 to 7 figure vehicles).

I often see broke cats pushing Mercedes and Bimmers and then being mad about repairs or in some random corner in NYC getting fix by the flat repair dude.

FOH.

Same**** with cats that bought Boxters or some BS porche because it was a Porche.

Naw I’m with you. People buying certain cars just to flex, even if it’s a base model C300 just to say they drive a Benz or a super high mileage Porsche just to say they have one, etc. I had a co worker tell me straight up that she didn’t care about options and bought a Benz solely for the name.

You don't know what comfortable is if you think putting kids in a Taycan is comfortable.
It’s such a subjective thing. Not sure what your point is. It worked for my family. Would I be comfortable in a suburban? Probably not since I’m not used to driving something that large. Size and room does not equal comfort to everyone. I get it…you won’t spend money on a Porsche.

What's the purpose and benefit of watching other people that closely and worrying about what they do?
i really don't get it
It’s such a subjective thing. Not sure what your point is. It worked for my family. Would I be comfortable in a suburban? Probably not since I’m not used to driving something that large. Size and room does not equal comfort to everyone. I get it…you won’t spend money on a Porsche.
while i get ur point, usually size and room does equal to comfort

its why the rr ghost is like 20 feet long :lol:

Hands free frunk and trunk. Automatic start when you open the door. Being able to cool the car remotely. Definitely made things more comfortable with a 3 year old and 3 month old. Neither myself nor my wife are remotely tall so space and leg room are barely eve an issue for us. If we do take the 911 and my son is with us maybe things are a little tight but I don’t take him for long trips in it anyway.

What's the purpose and benefit of watching other people that closely and worrying about what they do?

It’s not about watching or worrying about what people do. It’s an observation. As someone that has gone to car meets/cars and coffee for years, this mentality of your car being a status symbol is starting to ruin the hobby. These days, there are more and more people showing up to events and acting a fool thinking they’re hot **** bc they drive X, Y, or Z. I don’t care what people do until if affects me, and now it is. Maybe I just can’t stand being fake or the facade that people put on to make themselves look better than others.

It's not about spending money on a Porsche. I have an F150 Raptor and my wife has an SQ7. Neither are "cheap". It's more so having comfort in and out of the vehicle along with having room for stuff for short travels.
I think the Porsche Panamera Turismo is a nice looking ride but can't imagine it as a daily.

This is something the new generation has invented. "Pocket watching" they call it. God forbid you have an opinion and like to discuss/debate other peoples opinions. I guess that makes every parent a "pocket watcher" since in many cases they don't agree with their children's decisions.

If I told my dad to stop pocket watching I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have been favorable for me.

Last edited:
Threw a p2138 CEL on my way home from work yesterday :smh:

Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch. I guess it could be worse

Just taking it to a shop next week as I don't feel like messing with it

This is something the new generation has invented. "Pocket watching" they call it. God forbid you have an opinion and like to discuss/debate other peoples opinions. I guess that makes every parent a "pocket watcher" since in many cases they don't agree with their children's decisions.

If I told my dad to stop pocket watching I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have been favorable for me.
Shut the **** up. What a goofy.

Sq7 is nice. Looked at it while I was shopping but ended up with a cayenne. The third row was so impractical tho I said we might as well not have one.

Sq7 is nice. Looked at it while I was shopping but ended up with a cayenne. The third row was so impractical tho I said we might as well not have one.
Third row is ok for kids but not for adults. Fun to drive but I wish she got something a little bigger. When I'm in the passenger seat my knees are almost on the dash because I need to leave room for my son who's behind me in a front facing car seat. I'm not even freakishly tall but it would be nice to have something with more room.

My personal opinion I think most consumers have mcmansion mentality even with cars. Thus cars continue to get bigger and bigger and move to suvs which have gotten bigger and bigger. And it’s like they are never big enough lol…

Growing up my sister were fine in the back seat of a 2 door. Tight but nothing like bad. Today it’s like sacrilegious to put anyone in the back seat of a coupe.

The world got soft.

Hell in college we fit dudes in the back of my SC 400 and made it. Not ideal but whatever.

We took 6 people with luggage in the LX 600 to DC and back from Atlanta. No one died lol. The car magazines would have you believe it was impossible without a giant suburban or something…

My personal opinion I think most consumers have mcmansion mentality even with cars. Thus cars continue to get bigger and bigger and move to suvs which have gotten bigger and bigger. And it’s like they are never big enough lol…

Growing up my sister were fine in the back seat of a 2 door. Tight but nothing like bad. Today it’s like sacrilegious to put anyone in the back seat of a coupe.

The world got soft.

Hell in college we fit dudes in the back of my SC 400 and made it. Not ideal but whatever.

We took 6 people with luggage in the LX 600 to DC and back from Atlanta. No one died lol. The car magazines would have you believe it was impossible without a giant suburban or something…
I get uneasy when I share the road with large escalades and suburbans driven by soccer moms with the driver seat touching the steering wheel because they can barely reach the pedals

Back
Top Bottom