\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I’d add ‘drivetrain’ to the list of factors in the ‘how much hp is enough?’ discussion.

If we are talking street driving at sane speeds, a powerful EV is going to feel a lot faster in overtaking and pulling away from traffic lights than even the finest of ICE equivalents.

Even after driving a Nissan engineers (dyno confirmed) 1000hp GT-R- as a reference the most frightening car I’ve driven to date is the Model S Plaid. There seems to be zero falloff in power delivery past 110mph-it’s pretty intense.

Combined with just a high pitched electric motor whine for audible cues-full launches, even overtaking can be unnerving.
Yea I actually felt a little on edge being a passenger in the Model S Plaid when punched. It is another levwl

Being in control isnt as scary

Shame they never made this

56.jpg

estoque_hr_03.jpg

All dope R/C's. And damn! 30mph? Here I am thinking the 12 on the cybertruck is fast, lol. I've always wanted to cop one of those R/C helicopters but always afraid I'll wreck it. They can go north of $800(the high quality ones) & if I were to crash it that's going to hurt...a lot :lol:
yeah i put like 500-600 into this :lol: waste of money cuz it literally breaks so often
Mine at a British car meetup at the Petersen Museum.
IMG_6056.jpg
sheesh love these designs
545364F4-6ED3-4B2A-B6BF-6EE66FFD2739.jpeg

I’ve decided I need a Raptor R
goddamn this kinda brazy

Just got the car back from PPF install. Overall I'm very happy with it. It's absolute paint perfection. All the little hairline scratches & small amount of swirls were removed & corrected then the filn went on & covered in 1 layer of ceramic fusion. I've counted about 5 seams. The seam on the hood is there because the film stops at the stripes(I didn't want the stripes XPEL'd).

There's a seam on the sideview mirrors as the top portion is not covered in the film only the middle & bottom of the mirror is. There's also a seam on the shaker. I don't know how well my phone picks it up but it's above the 392 badge. The film is very smooth to the touch. You don't see the seams unless you're REALLY looking for them. They took 14 days & did a helluva job. Now my paint will be like factory-new for the next 15 years. Pics for reference
20220524_181618.jpg
20220524_181631.jpg
20220524_181657.jpg
20220524_181720.jpg
20220524_181728.jpg
20220524_181741.jpg
20220524_181745.jpg
20220524_190209.jpg
20220524_191048.jpg
20220524_191101.jpg

Also, some pics of the toys they got in there right now. Vette getting ceramic coating treatment. The McLaren was bought new from the McLaren dealership which is like some 3 or 4 blocks down the road & the guy had it towed to the shop, lol, to get full PPF. Color is ridiculously beautiful. Like a crimson/maroon mix.
20220524_181026.jpg
20220524_180850.jpg
20220524_180828.jpg
20220524_180732.jpg
20220524_174206.jpg

Just got the car back from PPF install. Overall I'm very happy with it. It's absolute paint perfection. All the little hairline scratches & small amount of swirls were removed & corrected then the filn went on & covered in 1 layer of ceramic fusion. I've counted about 5 seams. The seam on the hood is there because the film stops at the stripes(I didn't want the stripes XPEL'd).

There's a seam on the sideview mirrors as the top portion is not covered in the film only the middle & bottom of the mirror is. There's also a seam on the shaker. I don't know how well my phone picks it up but it's above the 392 badge. The film is very smooth to the touch. You don't see the seams unless you're REALLY looking for them. They took 14 days & did a helluva job. Now my paint will be like factory-new for the next 15 years. Pics for reference
20220524_181618.jpg
20220524_181631.jpg
20220524_181657.jpg
20220524_181720.jpg
20220524_181728.jpg
20220524_181741.jpg
20220524_181745.jpg
20220524_190209.jpg
20220524_191048.jpg
20220524_191101.jpg
Looks good! Weird that the whole mirror doesn’t have film

You need to drive it more

I smacked a big pothole pretty bad about a month ago, the road was wet and I honestly couldn’t see it, I’m going about 60. Once I hit it I knew it was going to be bad, my tpms came on, flat front driver side tire. I pull over throw the spare on and limp to where I need to go. As soon as I’m done, I have the tire replaced and I think I’m good. Driving away I hear like this droning noise once I get to about 40+mph, and there is this vibration all through the steering column. I head directly to the dealer. They tell me that I need a new front passenger fender liner, and front passenger rim because it’s severely bent. They tried to order a OEM rim, but the rims are on backorder, he stated all suspension components and tires were good. Dude recommended a shop that the dealer uses to fix/repair rims. I go there and have a rear rim replaced, the front passenger rim “repaired”, and the others refinished. Drive away and still here the droning sound, took it back to the dealer to make sure that the noise isn’t a wheel/hub bearing. They kept my car overnight and told me that it was just road noise, and the tires and everything checked out, but they’d make a appointment for a more thorough assessment. Came back, they kept the car for a week and said that the whip needed a new rim, two new front tires due to cupping, and an alignment. I took my car to where I get my tires and asked if the front two tires were indeed cupped, and they laughed and assured me that it wasn’t the case, but did note that there was a bend in the rim. So my question is, is it possible for a bent rim to cause that noise, I don’t get any vibrations on the inside of the car, no noises when I turn the wheel, just a droning noise.

Looking to put in a HFC in my ride. To those of you with HFC and stock exhaust, how much louder is it compared to stock? At cold start, idle, and WOT?

The HJS 200 cell 130mm cat

Last edited:
I smacked a big pothole pretty bad about a month ago, the road was wet and I honestly couldn’t see it, I’m going about 60. Once I hit it I knew it was going to be bad, my tpms came on, flat front driver side tire. I pull over throw the spare on and limp to where I need to go. As soon as I’m done, I have the tire replaced and I think I’m good. Driving away I hear like this droning noise once I get to about 40+mph, and there is this vibration all through the steering column. I head directly to the dealer. They tell me that I need a new front passenger fender liner, and front passenger rim because it’s severely bent. They tried to order a OEM rim, but the rims are on backorder, he stated all suspension components and tires were good. Dude recommended a shop that the dealer uses to fix/repair rims. I go there and have a rear rim replaced, the front passenger rim “repaired”, and the others refinished. Drive away and still here the droning sound, took it back to the dealer to make sure that the noise isn’t a wheel/hub bearing. They kept my car overnight and told me that it was just road noise, and the tires and everything checked out, but they’d make a appointment for a more thorough assessment. Came back, they kept the car for a week and said that the whip needed a new rim, two new front tires due to cupping, and an alignment. I took my car to where I get my tires and asked if the front two tires were indeed cupped, and they laughed and assured me that it wasn’t the case, but did note that there was a bend in the rim. So my question is, is it possible for a bent rim to cause that noise, I don’t get any vibrations on the inside of the car, no noises when I turn the wheel, just a droning noise.
Do you hear the same noise if you replace that wheel and drive with the spare? If so, it's your wheel bearing. If not you need a new wheel

these have been aging so nicely tbh
Facts! The E92 coupe has been my fav ever since I laid eyes on a neighbors Montego Blue 335i coupe back in 06/07. I got a 335is and been looking to trade it for an E92 M3 (V 8). But the 335is soo rare (3600 made) that I’m having a hard time letting go. If i find a perfect spec M3 (6sp, carbon roof, red interior extended leather) then I’ll jump on it for sure

Attachments

• 5DE2A0FF-AF7A-4E02-89BE-2B0EC5A8FCA6.jpeg
    5DE2A0FF-AF7A-4E02-89BE-2B0EC5A8FCA6.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 354
Yeah idk what's up with that. I'm going to go back & have them re-do it so the entire mirror is wrapped. And yes, def will be driving it more & I have been recently.

That half mirror wrap is weird. Also feels like its be more work to do half the mirror than just doing the whole thing. :lol: Def get that redone.

Otherwise. :pimp:

zmaqbool zmaqbool 15 years on the expel? I thought ppf only lasts 5 or so years on the car and will need to be removed and redone. Im also thinkin of gettin xpel stealth for my car

Facts! The E92 coupe has been my fav ever since I laid eyes on a neighbors Montego Blue 335i coupe back in 06/07. I got a 335is and been looking to trade it for an E92 M3 (V 8). But the 335is soo rare (3600 made) that I’m having a hard time letting go. If i find a perfect spec M3 (6sp, carbon roof, red interior extended leather) then I’ll jump on it for sure

If your 335 is a manual definitely never sell it. E92 last 3 series worth owning.

Back
Top Bottom