\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Attachments

• 50C88614-488A-4013-A3A9-F56FE05477E9.jpeg
    50C88614-488A-4013-A3A9-F56FE05477E9.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 229
zmaqbool zmaqbool 15 years on the expel? I thought ppf only lasts 5 or so years on the car and will need to be removed and redone. Im also thinkin of gettin xpel stealth for my car
PPF from XPEL is said to last up to 10 years. My guy said if I were to meticulously maintain it(which I will) & the car being a non-daily you can easily stretch it to an additional 3-5 years. He recommended I bring the car back in once a year & let him do a once over on the film. That means inspect it for flaws & see if it's uplifting on any panel + a polish for longevity.

Ahh makes sense. Thanks for the info. Yea, my car will be mostly outside and will be a daily so i think the 5-yr mark is reasonable to expect.

That half mirror wrap is weird. Also feels like its be more work to do half the mirror than just doing the whole thing. :lol: Def get that redone.

Otherwise. :pimp:
It is def weird 🤪. And yup, like why bother wrapping it only half like you said- would've been easier doing the whole piece.
any of yall use a dash cam?

feel like I should be safe and invest in one....
I bought a front & rear dashcam from Thinkware 6 years ago when I got the car new. It has held up great & I put my sis-in-law on it too. Her front one stopped working last year Idk why. They have even better ones now. Their website is thinkware.com & they have a dashcam for just about every budget. They also have a discount code-if you need it let me know.

Ahh makes sense. Thanks for the info. Yea, my car will be mostly outside and will be a daily so i think the 5-yr mark is reasonable to expect.
You're most welcome 😊. I believe you'll still be able to squeeze out 10 years from it even if your car is a daily & parked outside- it's all how you maintain it + XPEL is the leading brand for a reason like their film is on a different level.

I researched this stuff thoroughly as hell before spending the kind of money I spent on it. The self-healing feature on the film is mind-boggling. I had the car outside yesterday & I wanted to test this self-healing feature so I nervously & intentionally scratched the hood & sideview mirrors 🤭.

I keyed my hood lmao & ran & dug my nails into the mirrors & bro I kid you not under 2 minutes all the scratches just disappeared. The scratches from my nails I was able to just wipe off with a microfiber towel. To say I was amazed & blown away would be a huge understatement. This stuff is like sorcery, lol.

I have since convinced my dad to get the front end to the sideview mirrors on his 2020 CR-V(non-daily) wrapped in PPF. He got it brand new 2 years ago & it's got couple of rock chips in it already & I maintain & detail it for him to the best of my ability. Should be taking him to the shop in the coming days & update with pics.

I did a detailed & thorough walk-around of my car & not one scratch/swirl/flaw/scuff or imperfection to be found- NOT ONE! Post us updated & post pics when you take it in to grt PPF'd.

You're most welcome 😊. I believe you'll still be able to squeeze out 10 years from it even if your car is a daily & parked outside- it's all how you maintain it + XPEL is the leading brand for a reason like their film is on a different level.

I researched this stuff thoroughly as hell before spending the kind of money I spent on it. The self-healing feature on the film is mind-boggling. I had the car outside yesterday & I wanted to test this self-healing feature so I nervously & intentionally scratched the hood & sideview mirrors 🤭.

I keyed my hood lmao & ran & dug my nails into the mirrors & bro I kid you not under 2 minutes all the scratches just disappeared. The scratches from my nails I was able to just wipe off with a microfiber towel. To say I was amazed & blown away would be a huge understatement. This stuff is like sorcery, lol.

I have since convinced my dad to get the front end to the sideview mirrors on his 2020 CR-V(non-daily) wrapped in PPF. He got it brand new 2 years ago & it's got couple of rock chips in it already & I maintain & detail it for him to the best of my ability. Should be taking him to the shop in the coming days & update with pics.

I did a detailed & thorough walk-around of my car & not one scratch/swirl/flaw/scuff or imperfection to be found- NOT ONE! Post us updated & post pics when you take it in to grt PPF'd.

Id only get PPF if my car was black or a dark color that swirls would shoe, navy blue etc. Its a reason I love white cars, cant see swirls or nothing on em unless you really look.

Some cars though you HAVE to get in black. Feels like a crime to get a Chally in anything else but black.

Id only get PPF if my car was black or a dark color that swirls would shoe, navy blue etc. Its a reason I love white cars, cant see swirls or nothing on em unless you really look.

Some cars though you HAVE to get in black. Feels like a crime to get a Chally in anything else but black.
For sure. Bro, no matter what I did & how carefully & obsessively I'd detail it some amount of swirls would always come back & it would ANNOY tf outta me. I had it ceramic coated & handwashed only(with Chem. Guys ceramic shampoo), dry with a blow dryer & minimal towel wipes at the end of the process & STILL these f'ing swirls & hairline scratches would show up on the paint. It would drive me nuts. The paint was healthy but nowhere near perfect & I DEMAND PERFECTION & nothing less on my car, lol.

Although minimal damage was there, I had them correct the paint & remove all that crap & polish it before laying down the PPF. Like you said, on black or dark color cars PPF is an absolute MUST. There's just no other way about it. White & silver painted cars are much more forgiving.

Yeah most def black or bust on Challengers or most cars even, imo lol. The self-healing feature still has me mesmerized.

Yessir! 1 of 42

Nice is that coral red? I was VERY close to buying a black on coral red manual with the sport package last year before I eventually found my E39. It was a great price and it even had a BMW performance carbon air box on it and one or two other tasteful mods. I can't remember if it was a 328 or a 335 though lol.

Really wanted it, but seller just seemed a bit off so I never went further. Was super pushy about selling it and he had just bought it a few months prior himself so I just walked.

They are great cars though, definitely never sell it dude. And post up some more pics of your car if you get a chance.

zmaqbool zmaqbool thanks for the insight. That makes me feel more confident dropping $7K on an expel stealth wrap. I have a model Y coming in white and based on the coke bottle shape of the car, the back part i heard is prone to rock chips and whatnot. And def love the matte look of the stealth on a white suv. Just tryin not to drop the cash for something that may last only 4-5 years. I got quoted $2500 just for a partial front wrap and rather get a full wrap and get the look i want.

This past Saturday for anyone who know, was Radwood Philly. Down at Subaru Park (home of the Union). For those not familiar, Radwood is a car show centered around 80s and 90s cars AND for those attending to get into the theme by wearing attire from that era. Day was stupid hot, but the layout they had was great.

My wife & I helped a friend bring one of his 3 cars he has signed up for Radwood Royalty. He owns a DeLoreon, a 308 GTS Ferrari and a 1993.5 Lotus Esprit Turbo. I chose the Lotus to drive. WHAT A BLAST!! here are some pics of his 3 cars and other cool stuff there. May need multiple posts.
PXL_20220521_125319784.MP.jpg

PXL_20220521_125350202~2.jpg

PXL_20220521_125329710.jpg
PXL_20220521_121745014.MP.jpg
PXL_20220521_123557724.jpg
PXL_20220521_121710291.jpg
PXL_20220521_124046206.jpg
PXL_20220521_123610031.jpg
PXL_20220521_123621481.jpg
PXL_20220521_121735448.jpg

PXL_20220521_181341763.jpg
PXL_20220521_160223104.jpg
PXL_20220521_154530606.jpg
PXL_20220521_171519031.jpg
PXL_20220521_161114837.MP.jpg
PXL_20220521_154546162.jpg
PXL_20220521_154532216.jpg
PXL_20220521_181300216.jpg
PXL_20220521_182451869.MP.jpg
PXL_20220521_124318744.MP.jpg

Never ever thought I would see a Tommi Makinen Evo VI AND a 22B!! Those old Gen 2 Supras wer gorgeous. Love the Conquest and Z32 300ZX (my childhood cars I'd love to own) among many other stuff. Such a fun day and VERY thankful to be able to drive that Esprit as far as I did. It was everything I thought it would be. They say never meet your heros? Not true. Enjoy the pics everyone. 👍👍

What a turnout, something for everyone in there. If someone can't find a single car in there that they love, just leave the site now haha.

Any more pics of what looks like a dark green Ferrari, near that red Eclipse. Don't really see green Ferrari much (which is unfortunate) so that was an interesting find.

The purple Jota Diablo is probably one of the most iconic color combos of all time...I definitely had that car on a poster as a kid. One of the best.

Lot of cool Bimmers there...LTW E36, technoviolet M3 sedan, evergreen clownshoe M Coupe. Rare stuff.

Do you have any info on that old burgundy 4 door Merc? Dig it.

Very lucky to see that TM Evo in person, so jealous.

And that old MR2...Is that air duct on the side a factory or TRD part? Or is that aftermarket? Anyone know? It looks badass.

The Saab 93 Viggen is:smokinShape and color are great. I seriously considered buying one a while back. In the words of Action Bronson "And **** a new Benz, I'd rather cop the old Saab" If anyone is a fan of old cars, definitely listen to some Action Bronson. He has a lot of lines about Alpina 7 series and what not haha.

zmaqbool zmaqbool thanks for the insight. That makes me feel more confident dropping $7K on an expel stealth wrap. I have a model Y coming in white and based on the coke bottle shape of the car, the back part i heard is prone to rock chips and whatnot. And def love the matte look of the stealth on a white suv. Just tryin not to drop the cash for something that may last only 4-5 years. I got quoted $2500 just for a partial front wrap and rather get a full wrap and get the look i want.
Anytime bro 👍. $7K is what I paid too. Good choice on the XPEL stealth wrap. Your Tesla will have a superb matte finish to it & the stealth is also self-healing which is great. Since it's a matte film I'm assuming you're not getting a layer of ceramic on top?

Congrats on the model Y. I've seen on videos recently while researching PPF that most cars that get PPF'd are Teslas. Couple of reason #1. People hate on Teslas & vandalize them(so many videos on Youtube on this) & #2. A lot of XPEL experts have said Tesla has crappy paint.

A lot of owners have said the paint on their cars had a lot of scratches & was dirty upon taking delivery of the cars. Tesla has been under constant scrutiny for years when it comes to quality control and fit and finish. More specifically, people often point out panel gaps and issues with the paint. While Tesla has made updates to the "old" paint shop at Fremont, it has been blamed by insiders and outsiders for the paint issues found on some Tesla cars. So that's interesting & PPF helps a ton with that. You're for sure going to get more than 5 years out of the PPF.

And yeah I'd advise to do the whole thing as the car will be fully covered & protected but more importantly with the stealth film doing it partially will give your car a 2 tone look. Some panels will be matte with the stealth & some shiny clear coat from factory...won't look good like that, do the whole car. Keep us posted 👍. I wanna see how this turns out with a fellow PPF supporter, lol.

Back
Top Bottom