\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I think 6psi is safe with the stock 6.4
That's what I'm reading. Spoke on this topic with the builder from TrueStreet Performance last year & I believe thats what he said 6psi on street use is just fine. He also said aggressive cams don't work well with forced induction. What do you guys think? I need that oldschool popcorn exhaust
I wouldn’t even call it “safe”
Cause it’s known to kill 6.4’s prematurely
in general
Damn!
Well it’s a high compression engine so if u add boost and don’t race it should be “safe” as in normal driving you shouldn’t be going into boost much

if ur racing constantly “dragracing” it will wear out everythingin due time
Yeah there is no dragstrips in NYC & I ain't no drag racer so won't be competively racing on a strip or anything. I'm just a blvd cruiser doing normal driving and open it up in backroads once in a while

Ur my bro Zo so Ima keep it 100. Those badges dont look good at all.
You have to buy new badges and have them painted. That shop who did that did not do that right. The rumble bee looks horrible.
Buy all new badges and have the shop I use, paint them. I can give you his info if you want.

You have to buy new badges and have them painted. That shop who did that did not do that right. The rumble bee looks horrible.
Buy all new badges and have the shop I use, paint them. I can give you his info if you want.
have u been thinking about getting that charger red eye instead or nah

I mean adding boost to any NA engine is gonna reduce the life of it. Whether by half or 10%.

I guess just have money on deck for an engine if need be.
10 % is still a lot of life reduction imo, I don't want to blow up my hemi lol. When time comes & it's ready for the build and if the forced induction is a bad idea I'll happily settle with just a choppy cam, meatier rubber, some exhaust work, oil catch can and longtubes & a tune. It is what it is but we'll see

That's what I'm reading. Spoke on this topic with the builder from TrueStreet Performance last year & I believe thats what he said 6psi on street use is just fine. He also said aggressive cams don't work well with forced induction. What do you guys think? I need that oldschool popcorn exhaust

Damn!

Yeah there is no dragstrips in NYC & I ain't no drag racer so won't be competively racing on a strip or anything. I'm just a blvd cruiser doing normal driving and open it up in backroads once in a while
they have "supercharger cams"

Thank you brother & to all of you guys for your honest opinions on the badges. So far I'm liking it but it may be back to the drawing board on this one to get it 100% proper. Need more critique please...what exactly would you say they screwed up on? And yes I'll take that shops info please & thank you bro :emoji_thumbsup:

not to mention the orange peel on hat spoiler

Y'know when I got all those grey trim pieces painted they all came out shiny & with a perfect clear coated finish minus the spoiler. I noticed the orange peel too but never made much of it. Good thing it's all lifetime warranty from the shop so I'll be contacting my boy and see what he can get done on that

Is this different from say a regular cam?
well a cam controls when the valves open and close the choppy sound is because the larger lobe on the cam holds the valves open for longer.
im not an expert so idk the different between an aggressive na motor cam and a supercharger cam
i just learned this watching roadkill :lol:

well a cam controls when the valves open and close the choppy sound is because the larger lobe on the cam holds the valves open for longer.
im not an expert so idk the different between an aggressive na motor cam and a supercharger cam
Lol still good information nonetheless. The more we know the less we don't know. Good looks bro

Thank you brother & to all of you guys for your honest opinions on the badges. So far I'm liking it but it may be back to the drawing board on this one to get it 100% proper. Need more critique please...what exactly would you say they screwed up on? And yes I'll take that shops info please & thank you bro :emoji_thumbsup:
Y'know when I got all those grey trim pieces painted they all came out shiny & with a perfect clear coated finish minus the spoiler. I noticed the orange peel too but never made much of it. Good thing it's all lifetime warranty from the shop so I'll be contacting my boy and see what he can get done on that

zmaqbool zmaqbool just curious my bro but why were you opposed to removing the badges, having them wrapped or re-sprayed then re-gluing them back?

There's tons of videos on YouTube on how to do this safely and cheaply without damaging the badges. You essentially use a good painter's tape (green/blue) to outline the badges position then remove the badge. After you've got it the colour you want, you use that same outline to re-glue the badge onto the body.

You mentioned to me that you run a Maxima also - so don't have to worry about driving around with painter's tape on your ride too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Low key kinda feel bad that those OEM Rumblebee badges got ruined and legitimately surprised the shop didn't recommend that you just remove them.

That’s the route I’d take zmaqbool zmaqbool

Adding boost to a NA motor can be a nightmare. Idk anything about da hemi and I’m sure there are good kits but still... The motor wasn’t built for that and it could be asking a lot.

I’d do every mod you ever wanted first and if you still want power add the supercharger.

It wasnt properly painted bro. They half assed it. The rumble bee looks like they put electrical tape over it. All the badges you want painted, go buy new ones and have it painted.

My shop is Final Touch Collision in West New York, NJ (yes that town is correct). The telephone number is 201-854-3474. Ask for Robert and tell him that Joe with the Blue Hellcat sent you.

IMG_1506_zpsjiioz6qt.jpg

IMG_1507_zps7iblhpai.jpg

Thats how they painted mine to be color matched.

Lol still good information nonetheless. The more we know the less we don't know. Good looks bro
They sell cam kits. They come with all the supporting mods you need for the cams so you dont need to worry about anything. They're not necessary per say if you arent going fully built.

zmaqbool zmaqbool just curious my bro but why were you opposed to removing the badges, having them wrapped or re-sprayed then re-gluing them back?

There's tons of videos on YouTube on how to do this safely and cheaply without damaging the badges. You essentially use a good painter's tape (green/blue) to outline the badges position then remove the badge. After you've got it the colour you want, you use that same outline to re-glue the badge onto the body.

You mentioned to me that you run a Maxima also - so don't have to worry about driving around with painter's tape on your ride too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Low key kinda feel bad that those OEM Rumblebee badges got ruined and legitimately surprised the shop didn't recommend that you just remove them.
Y'know now that you mentioned it...I never even thought of removing them & having them wrapped!!! When I think wrap I automatically think the cars body & not badges...DAMNNNN! This would've worked soo much better lol stupid me **** man. I had the shop remove them, paint them & put them back on. I don't do projects on the Challenger myself because I don't trust myself lol & don't want to screw up. My Max- it's a beater & my brothers do the work for me...I'm just the driver lol.

You're right youtube is a big source of visual help but I guess I don't have the skill & confidence to do it myself. As far as lining them up the dude I think did a good job. I have a ton of pics on my phone we referenced back & forth to get em all just right. The way you described does sound more ideal though.

Lol the Max is the dd & I would check 10 times before driving off with painters tape attached to my Mopar haha :rofl: even if it some got left behind we'll just call it the new temporary wave of style lol

Can you give me some more critique as to what makes you say they got ruined? I need all the opinions I can get to make it right & get a thorough understanding where it went wrong. My boy at the shop did say take em all off & call it a day lol but I insisted on keeping all the factory badges on but give em all the gloss black treatment. It looks better all black in my personal opinion. I was a huge fan of Knightrider(still am) growing up lol so that's got a lot to do with the black obsession

That’s the route I’d take zmaqbool zmaqbool

Adding boost to a NA motor can be a nightmare. Idk anything about da hemi and I’m sure there are good kits but still... The motor wasn’t built for that and it could be asking a lot.

I’d do every mod you ever wanted first and if you still want power add the supercharger.
That's great advice brother. I've read horror stories on all diff kinds of cars from every brand out there where the owners added boost to a NA motor & things didn't end well. I'm learning daily...doing my research & asking questions here & the forums. Appreciate all the responses. Some of you really know your stuff mechanically speaking, yourself & M MrClean510 included. You been modding a while from what you've posted & M MrClean510 has posted some clean builds over time. He's gotta 1000hp SS coming up? I think. You're right it could most def be asking a lot from the motor. My boy has an '09 SRT. I drove em to pick it up last July after he went from his Magnuson SC to a bigger Whipple one. His cars at like 850whp & he's got a TON of work done to it. But every now & again something or another brakes or doesn't mesh & work well with stock parts. His AC once stopped working in blazing NY summer heat with his kids in the car, he has 2 fuel pumps & the aftermarket one popped last summer, oh and on our way back home he noticed his car was getting very close to E on gas- rather too quickly. We went our separate ways after the exit- he refueled, drove it home & left it outside in his driveway overnight. The next morning his entire driveway onto the street the fuel had leaked everywhere. His builder made a housecall to check it out. Turns out a ring or seal forget what it's called came loose. I want to add power but not if this is what it's going to be looking like. I don't want crazy, huge mechanical headaches even if the car is just a summertime toy. I think the higher you go in hp,through speed shops atleast, the more prone the cars get with issues

Exactly. There is def a reliable way to mod your car but eventually that all starts to go out the window.

like you said too with the fuel leak, it’s not a big deal but still a pain and you got to deal with it, putting a bunch of parts on the car it was never meant to have and all that custom work is gonna have some troubleshooting no matter how good the builder is.

New oldschool Caprice in the neighborhood, saw it on my afternoon jog. This with a 2-3" drop & 2 door version would be fire, kind of like what they gave Tyrese in Fast7. Same owner with the G8 in front...not a fan of the car but it's super clean. Same dude also has a 90s Impala which is usually parked right near those 2 but didn't see it today. Also saw KITT on the way back...a very retired and broke looking KITT lol..sorry for the blurry pic
20200721_190356.jpg
20200721_204005.jpg
20200721_204012.jpg
20200721_201307.jpg

10 % is still a lot of life reduction imo, I don't want to blow up my hemi lol. When time comes & it's ready for the build and if the forced induction is a bad idea I'll happily settle with just a choppy cam, meatier rubber, some exhaust work, oil catch can and longtubes & a tune. It is what it is but we'll see
get da 6.2 supercharged hemi
:evil:

That's great advice brother. I've read horror stories on all diff kinds of cars from every brand out there where the owners added boost to a NA motor & things didn't end well. I'm learning daily...doing my research & asking questions here & the forums. Appreciate all the responses. Some of you really know your stuff mechanically speaking, yourself & M MrClean510 included. You been modding a while from what you've posted & M MrClean510 has posted some clean builds over time. He's gotta 1000hp SS coming up? I think. You're right it could most def be asking a lot from the motor. My boy has an '09 SRT. I drove em to pick it up last July after he went from his Magnuson SC to a bigger Whipple one. His cars at like 850whp & he's got a TON of work done to it. But every now & again something or another brakes or doesn't mesh & work well with stock parts. His AC once stopped working in blazing NY summer heat with his kids in the car, he has 2 fuel pumps & the aftermarket one popped last summer, oh and on our way back home he noticed his car was getting very close to E on gas- rather too quickly. We went our separate ways after the exit- he refueled, drove it home & left it outside in his driveway overnight. The next morning his entire driveway onto the street the fuel had leaked everywhere. His builder made a housecall to check it out. Turns out a ring or seal forget what it's called came loose. I want to add power but not if this is what it's going to be looking like. I don't want crazy, huge mechanical headaches even if the car is just a summertime toy. I think the higher you go in hp,through speed shops atleast, the more prone the cars get with issues
those older ones are supposedly handle the boost
better than the 6.4

It wasnt properly painted bro. They half assed it. The rumble bee looks like they put electrical tape over it. All the badges you want painted, go buy new ones and have it painted.

My shop is Final Touch Collision in West New York, NJ (yes that town is correct). The telephone number is 201-854-3474. Ask for Robert and tell him that Joe with the Blue Hellcat sent you.

IMG_1506_zpsjiioz6qt.jpg

IMG_1507_zps7iblhpai.jpg

Thats how they painted mine to be color matched.
yo joe
what shoes are those???
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

m_5ad3d3ed6bf5a693ad288889.jpg

Exactly. There is def a reliable way to mod your car but eventually that all starts to go out the window.

like you said too with the fuel leak, it’s not a big deal but still a pain and you got to deal with it, putting a bunch of parts on the car it was never meant to have and all that custom work is gonna have some troubleshooting no matter how good the builder is.
Pretty much. Start off small & then increase but at the sametime we gotta know when to stop. But, thats the price one may have to pay for extreme builds. Exactly, OEM & aftermarket parts don't always produce a happy marriage. My boy sold his stock 6.1 block & the ****** & switched to an Arrington 426 hemi motor. Says it was all worth it & has full faith in his builder. This is my boys ride at the shop if you're interested. Good ole Hemi Orange

Back
Top Bottom