\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Burned her?

tenor (4).gif
Nothing like that, just took her back to my place and got in those guts.

I said this before and I will say it again. Anyone can learn to drive manual in 2-3 hours or less and be comfortable. It's not a special skill. Hell, I learned when I was an incompetent 15 year old. :lol:

There is no need to feel like you're a better driver just because you can shift gears.
Well no duh anyone can learn anything with enough time :lol:. It takes someone with true skills to put down solid numbers at a track with a manual. It comes down to having the ability to do something vs letting a computer do it for you.
I'm lowkey just salty the c8 wont offer a manual trans :frown:

Well no duh anyone can learn anything with enough time :lol:. It takes someone with true skills to put down solid numbers at a track with a manual. It comes down to having the ability to do something vs letting a computer do it for you.

I guarantee less than 10% of people who buy this car will take it to the track. The majority of people don't give a **** about taking a car to the track.

I guarantee less than 10% of people who buy this car will take it to the track. The majority of people don't give a **** about taking a car to the track.
Sadly your right. Alot of people buy cars with high track capabilities that dont go to the track.
Taught a chick in like 25 mins, almost burned my clutch up but I burned that *** later on to get her back.
:lol: clutches ain't cheap tho fam

This.

Certain cars suit certain transmissions.

I could never imagine my old 997 GT3 with a PDK.

Nor could I imagine my current 991 GT3RS with a manual.

Both are fun in their own way. But PDK (dual-clutch) is the superior transmission by a long, long margin.

Yes both are great and certainly the trans suits certain cars differently. If you want the most fun weekend car and track car, a manual (997 gt3 or RS, or 991 gt3 manual). If you want the best daily driver you go PDK (turbo S) . If you want the fastest lap times at the track PDK (GT2RS, gt3RS)

I would never want to drive a stick in the city. The cons outweigh the pros every time.

Idk man I don’t mind it even in traffic. It becomes second nature you don’t even notice you’re using a clutch anymore after a while. Every time I get in an auto car my foot automatically goes to the clutch pedal and then I feel dumb cause there’s not clutch pedal :lol:

I daily a manual car in city traffic. You get used to it and don't care too much.

I will add that not all manual transmissions are created equal. You get a notchy transmission with too long/short throws and/or a clutch pedal that engages too high/low and you're in for a poor driving experience.

DbW throttle control also messes things up for manual transmission cars too.

DbW throttle control also messes things up for manual transmission cars too.

Yes. Terrible in some cars. Luckily there are software upgrades to eliminate the Rev hang in some cars.

I remember when I worked at a Honda dealership in high school and first time driving the 2008 Civic SI. Rev hang in it was awful thanks to drive-by-wire

Both supras at my brothers Toyota dealer that he works at are sold. White one sold for 87,500, the red one sold for 90,300 :lol:

I would be curious just once to take one of my cars to the track and see what all the fuss is. I am to nervous to do any laps in my MR2 because of snap oversteer, I would not want to learn how to compensate or overcome with other cars possibly being casualties. Windy roads around me are enough.
I was gonna say:lol:

First read I know for sure my man's didn't just publicly say he's handing out clap samples
:rofl: Yeah statement didn't come out as I had intended.

This is the most respectful auto stance I have ever heard salute to you for that fam for real. Manual for me is total freedom don't need no launch control don't need no driviers assist. My left and my right foot is all i need ,understand all the computers and R&D that goes into all these Car's and I appreciate it. The only time I would do a automatic is if i was spraying a ton of nitrous,even that is questionable. My win Loss Ratio against Auto Cars is 70/30. Keep in mind I been driving Manuals my whole life So its kinda a advantage for me not everybody has same clutch skillz so I think that's what turns a lot of people away from the manual Challenge. Once again props for being the coolest Auto guy I have ever had the chance to speak with need more cool cats like you in our community.
I'm an honest being, no matter what the subject is I believe in being respectfully clear cut & straight up no matter the backlash it may receive lol. For sure, not having computers assisting with launch control will help you in being a more skilled driver. You do something long enough & you'll get used to it, thats how the human body functions. Clutch skills could be had or atleast improved overtime. Manuals are slowly fadin away from most manufacturers, times are evolving & changing. Auto engineering is worlds different now than what it was 100+ years ago...gotta roll along with the times I guess. As long as it's gas powered I'm happy...pretty soon EVs are goin to take over the dragstrips

Back
Top Bottom