\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Stick in a high traffic area does suck especially running high hp. Pulled the Skyline out today but so hot and humid the ecu kept cutting back the power cmon winter. Should have regular plates soon
0EE0243D-F6D8-41B0-8576-BC91B50C94C0.jpeg
B3413C6B-4CB6-4072-AFE7-5A649F123C30.jpeg

Anyone own or know anyone with a 435i GC?

Close homie looking into one but doesnt know if the price difference is worth it over a regular 335i/340i.

I said go for it cause the trunk is massive, plus hatches are always nice.

I would never want to drive a stick in the city. The cons outweigh the pros every time.
Idk man I don’t mind it even in traffic. It becomes second nature you don’t even notice you’re using a clutch anymore after a while. Every time I get in an auto car my foot automatically goes to the clutch pedal and then I feel dumb cause there’s not clutch pedal :lol:

The whole manual vs auto argument gets people so fired up :lol: I would prefer manual and wish they still made more manual cars, but I also don’t mind auto.

My daily SUVs have autos and I dont mind because of the bay area traffic. But my weekend toys and my pride of joy will forever have a manual transmission

For something so simple Auto Dudes be ready to tell you all about the SMG,CVT,DCT and blah blah. Look if you guys like it cool but you can explain that b.s to me till the end of time and I'm NOT BUYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

#ClutchPoppinForLife

Stick in a high traffic area does suck especially running high hp. Pulled the Skyline out today but so hot and humid the ecu kept cutting back the power cmon winter. Should have regular plates soon
0EE0243D-F6D8-41B0-8576-BC91B50C94C0.jpeg
B3413C6B-4CB6-4072-AFE7-5A649F123C30.jpeg

High HP Turbo Car get that much hotter then a N/A car. When i had my z32 with the jim wolf package the leg cabin would be bakin on humid or hot days. All my races were scheduled after the sun went down

High HP Turbo Car get that much hotter then a N/A car. When i had my z32 with the jim wolf package the leg cabin would be bakin on humid or hot days. All my races were scheduled after the sun went down
No doubt before the car had a/c my wife would complain a ton about it as the turbo was on her side and it would be bakin compared to my side

Autos trans is what I drive. Hell Idk how to drive manual so ain't gotta choice lol. Growing up no one I knew drove manual so I wasn't exposed to it. My stance is I'd rather let the car do the shifting while I sit back & enjoy the ride. A manual is much more driver involved like MrClean said you're in full control of the vehicle 100% of the time...there's gotta be something appealing behind that in powering through corners I'm sure. Manuals are also the best anti-theft as manuals are fading & the gen. population doesn't know how to drive one lol. Those of you who race with a manual...what is your win/loss record up against auto transmission competition? They say no matter how good & skilled of a driver one is, you can't outshift a computer. Do the paddle shifters & manumatic mode count in my Challenger? Lol I just love the emotional arguements & responses from both sides

Autos trans is what I drive. Hell Idk how to drive manual so ain't gotta choice lol. Growing up no one I knew drove manual so I wasn't exposed to it. My stance is I'd rather let the car do the shifting while I sit back & enjoy the ride. A manual is much more driver involved like MrClean said you're in full control of the vehicle 100% of the time...there's gotta be something appealing behind that in powering through corners I'm sure. Manuals are also the best anti-theft as manuals are fading & the gen. population doesn't know how to drive one lol. Those of you who race with a manual...what is your win/loss record up against auto transmission competition? They say no matter how good & skilled of a driver one is, you can't outshift a computer. Do the paddle shifters & manumatic mode count in my Challenger? Lol I just love the emotional arguements & responses from both sides

This is the most respectful auto stance I have ever heard salute to you for that fam for real. Manual for me is total freedom don't need no launch control don't need no driviers assist. My left and my right foot is all i need ,understand all the computers and R&D that goes into all these Car's and I appreciate it. The only time I would do a automatic is if i was spraying a ton of nitrous,even that is questionable. My win Loss Ratio against Auto Cars is 70/30. Keep in mind I been driving Manuals my whole life So its kinda a advantage for me not everybody has same clutch skillz so I think that's what turns a lot of people away from the manual Challenge. Once again props for being the coolest Auto guy I have ever had the chance to speak with need more cool cats like you in our community.

Plates finally came
Can’t wait to get rid of the dealer name plates
Prolly gonna find a nice custom plate
On the dmv website later this week

I feel like alot of the people who talk crap about manuals cant even drive them. I feel sad yall wont ever get to know how fun it actually is down shifting powershifting popping clutches......
What it feels like to be in full control of a vehicle.

Except I litterally learned how to drive on a manual. 93 civic LX to be exact. Then after that my dad had a miata, a 626 and a Lexus sc 400 that were all manuals.

Sure if I'm on a closed track. Give me a manual no denying it's fun but to be adamant every car needs to be a manual for the rest of time is just plain foolishness....

Makes me think u guys have never driven an actually well designed performance vehicle. (See what I did there?)

I said this before and I will say it again. Anyone can learn to drive manual in 2-3 hours or less and be comfortable. It's not a special skill. Hell, I learned when I was an incompetent 15 year old. :lol:

There is no need to feel like you're a better driver just because you can shift gears.

Give me a manual no denying it's fun but to be adamant every car needs to be a manual for the rest of time is just plain foolishness....

This.

Certain cars suit certain transmissions.

I could never imagine my old 997 GT3 with a PDK.

Nor could I imagine my current 991 GT3RS with a manual.

Both are fun in their own way. But PDK (dual-clutch) is the superior transmission by a long, long margin.

I said this before and I will say it again. Anyone can learn to drive manual in 2-3 hours or less and be comfortable. It's not a special skill. Hell, I learned when I was an incompetent 15 year old. :lol:

There is no need to feel like you're a better driver just because you can shift gears.
Taught a chick in like 25 mins, almost burned my clutch up but I burned that *** later on to get her back.

Except I litterally learned how to drive on a manual. 93 civic LX to be exact. Then after that my dad had a miata, a 626 and a Lexus sc 400 that were all manuals.

Sure if I'm on a closed track. Give me a manual no denying it's fun but to be adamant every car needs to be a manual for the rest of time is just plain foolishness....

Makes me think u guys have never driven an actually well designed performance vehicle. (See what I did there?)
SC400? Was it converted to manual or it was an SC300.

Back
Top Bottom