\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I can’t remember the year. But it’s for sure locked at 1975 now.. I gotta smog the truck in the next month or so.
I hate California sometimes.
Ehh everywhere you gotta deal with some sorta car ownership BS. Look @ VA...they pay a tax on car ownership. The whole concept was soo alien to me until my boy moved down there. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Over here in NY...having tints is like having drugs in your ride like c'mon man...my car & you the law is going to tell me what I can & cannot do to my windows ****

i used to
but now i dont care
either u taking me to jail or u aint
either u giving me a ticket or u aint
i aint bout to kiss ya ***
plenty of polite folks get either shot
taken to jail
or get a ticket
**** them
I feel you but people have been shot point blank due to a regular traffic stop. Some of it we hear about...some of it we don't. I just try my best not to antagonize them in any way. They got guns...I don't

I’ll do his lil dance
But when he leave
I be talking $h!+ again

33308875-EB17-4713-8946-6786BC865A1D.gif

Thats valid also. But, RWD cars in the heart of winter is not a good combo. Living in Northeast having a DD that can get beat on is a great thing to take the load off of your summertime ride...thats jus me. Plus I dnt want to take my Chally for groceries & risk getting door dings, scratches etc or basic errands. Having multiple rides>than relying on 1 nice car imo
Believe me I took many L's in NYC, but I figured the cost of owning, parking, maintaining, and insuring another car evens out with the cost of wear and tear on a more expensive vehicle so I said F it. Worst comes to worst I replace a tire from a pothole or have to fix scratches.

Don't think it's worth it to drive anymore though if you live anywhere close to Manhattan, it's a nightmare.

Believe me I took many L's in NYC, but I figured the cost of owning, parking, maintaining, and insuring another car evens out with the cost of wear and tear on a more expensive vehicle so I said F it. Worst comes to worst I replace a tire from a pothole or have to fix scratches.

Don't think it's worth it to drive anymore though if you live anywhere close to Manhattan, it's a nightmare.
That also makes sense. All comes down to budget. My DD is a '96 Maxima with basic liability insurance which runs me $700 every 6 months. 1 of my brothers is a motor enthusiast/mechanic so all maintenance on the Maxima he does & I just buy him some good ole grub lol so it works out. The garage I park the Challenger in is owned by my employer on the property on which I live so I getta sweet discount @ $160 month...WAY more affordable than Midtown Manhattan prices lol. So overall it works out for me. I hear ya on Manhattan and close to it living. Def not cheap. Manhattan is just too insane bro, they are just about ready to start congestion pricing there. Plus Qnz Borough bridge is soon not going to be free anymore. NYC & its overpopulation man

Last edited:
Ehh everywhere you gotta deal with some sorta car ownership BS. Look @ VA...they pay a tax on car ownership. The whole concept was soo alien to me until my boy moved down there. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Over here in NY...having tints is like having drugs in your ride like c'mon man...my car & you the law is going to tell me what I can & cannot do to my windows ****

The tint issue is here in CA too. My boys got multiple tickets each for theirs. Boggles my mind that they keep it on.

I have both my 2016 Hellcat and 2016 Renegade insured and registered in Downtown Manhattan. I pay 138 for the Hellcat and around 85 for full coverage with 1 mill limit through Geico.

The Hellcat I pay 550 per month to park. And the Jeep just gets beat up in the street by my apt lol.

When my policy is up for renewal, I’m going to go with Grundy insurance for the Hellcat. Same limits I have with Geico and its 509 for the yr. I ran through the quote with them a couple months ago but I dont want to have to deal with having Geico refund me my policy I paid in full so I’ll just wait till Sept.
26561932-06D5-4E9B-9C41-3F484EE35B83.jpeg

The tint issue is here in CA too. My boys got multiple tickets each for theirs. Boggles my mind that they keep it on.
How much is the ticket per window? Is no tint an included requirement to pass inspection? They mandated that here but theirs ways around it lol. I don't blame em for keeping it on #1. Privacy & #2. Hot summer months, tint helps reduce interior temp somewhat

We get that MDX is a cool but we talkin bout Cars that only appreciate in Value or those of us who build motors. That's a lot of money to risk just to drive to Target on a wendsday
i will know this feeling when my build is done inshallah
But when u dead
It doesn’t matter
bingo bingo
people pass everyday, got to live like it aint promised.

I see where you're coming from & you have valid points, like why park it up & not use it? But in my case & most others I had me my DD b4 I went out to buy my dream car. If I'm going to make that effort in obtaining said dream car, I just would hate to take it out on the rain/snow/salty roads. Its too much $ & too pretty to get dirty lol. Also when I get outta the gym I'm sweaty & dirty...don't wanna bring those elements into the Challys interior get what I'm sayin? By using it little...the novelty never fades
i see that but nah
After the first and only winter with the hellcat I was like nah this aint doin it.

I literally got stuck in my girl’s driveway and there was barely an inch of snow on the ground. I tried to leave at like 2-3am started leaving and then boom, I was stuck. And I prob woke up the whole neighborhood. :lol:
yeah thats where i agree with yall.
only a couple days of year where the weather in LA is that bad where i dont wanna drive da scat

must suck living on the east coast
that west coast weather :pimp:
MHM we living baby
Don't get me Wrong CA is cool them cops out there just to out of control and all those crazy laws for modded cras.

idk where u heard that from? lots of people with modified cars if u dont act a fool then wont really car.

oh yeah
now tint is something i dont do
cause i know i would get pulled over unnecessarily for it
Been pulled over in my Max for tint more times than I care to remember for...always have driven off with no tickets thank God. Challenger I have never been pulled over at all(maybe because its barely driven) lol

I have both my 2016 Hellcat and 2016 Renegade insured and registered in Downtown Manhattan. I pay 138 for the Hellcat and around 85 for full coverage with 1 mill limit through Geico.

The Hellcat I pay 550 per month to park. And the Jeep just gets beat up in the street by my apt lol.

When my policy is up for renewal, I’m going to go with Grundy insurance for the Hellcat. Same limits I have with Geico and its 509 for the yr. I ran through the quote with them a couple months ago but I dont want to have to deal with having Geico refund me my policy I paid in full so I’ll just wait till Sept.
26561932-06D5-4E9B-9C41-3F484EE35B83.jpeg
So you'll have PA plates? Or the company is just based out in PA?

When they run your license they have all your history breh.
Lol I get that but like as the miles add up...how would they know if you are or are not daily'ing it? Do they take down the mileage on the car you insure with them b4 hand & allow only certain amount thereafter? And match it when time comes to renew?

But yea 509 for the year and its registered in Manhattan. I dont think you can beat that. I thought my 138 per month couldnt be beat but Grundy beat it lmao

Back
Top Bottom