\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My dude, what is the code? I find some of these indie mechanics to be far worse than the dealerships as they don't necessarily get the continuous traffic.

Get the code and do some research on the internet with the 2.0FSI motor and that particular CEL code.

Peep your owner's manual and look at the service intervals - your car looks to have been driven gently.

Def pull the code and google the code. These days you can find mad help on forums. People posting step by step pics on how to do repairs. My mom’s accessory belt which controls the A/C, power steering, coolant, etc. broke yesterday and I was able to fix it myself just following pictures online. It was easy af, but I never would have even considered doing it myself a few years ago.

As soon as you said your mechanic said it’s illegal to sell a car with a check engine light on, I knew he was trying to scare you into getting the work done. Check Craigslist and you’ll see tons of people selling their car with check engine lights on. Even if it were illegal (which it technically might be), there’s absolutely zero chance anyone is out there enforcing that. Hell, I know dealers that clear the codes just for someone to buy the car and it comes in while they’re driving it home. We can try and help you too, but you’ve gotta pull the code and post it. Or go to advance auto or autozone and ask them to pull the code for you which they’ll do for free and then you can post it here.

That 2018 Accord pretty slick...might cop one next year as my daily, since my move to ATL all this driving and sitting in traffic is killin my TL :lol: :smh:

What kind of lowkey interior and exterior additions are y'all doing? Thinking about ambient lighting on the inside. I kind of want to lightly smoke my taillights.

I want to change my dashboard lights from light blue to white. But idk how expensive/hard that is

Thanks for your reply guys. I'll take it to another family friend mechanic and have him double check the issues. I'll most likely sell it as is and won't put anymore money into it.

As for the post asking about used audi's, I would stay away unless you're comfortable with paying the maintenance. Even with extended warranty, it's not going to be cheap in the long run. Each time I go in for an oil change, it ends up to be something else. Never ends.

Thanks for your reply guys. I'll take it to another family friend mechanic and have him double check the issues. I'll most likely sell it as is and won't put anymore money into it.

As for the post asking about used audi's, I would stay away unless you're comfortable with paying the maintenance. Even with extended warranty, it's not going to be cheap in the long run. Each time I go in for an oil change, it ends up to be something else. Never ends.

I honestly feel you are going to the wrong dealership(s) and/or mechanic. If your car's being maintained so meticulously why the heck is the mechanic stating that this new CEL is so catastrophic.

A knowledgeable mechanic can usually look up a vehicle's service history and gauge the build up leading to something catastrophic.

That said a newer (and cheaper to maintain) Civic, Corolla, etc.. will have more features than a 10 year old Audi compact so if you're burned out by the used German experience then save yourself further headaches and get out now.

Last edited:
Any kind of german car you can buy in this range you can expect 10k+ repair bills in the near future.
Yikes.

Thanks for all y’alls help. I don’t know **** about whips. I just want something that’s not busted in that price range with low matnience and decent mileage that’s not a Honda or Toyota :lol:

I know.... I’m asking a lot. :smh::rofl:

Yikes.

Thanks for all y’alls help. I don’t know **** about whips. I just want something that’s not busted in that price range with low matnience and decent mileage that’s not a Honda or Toyota :lol:

Mazda & Subaru can offer a different driving experience over Honda & Toyota without sacrificing too much reliability and also having moderate repair/maintenance costs.

There are some American cars in that range that are quite good too.

Yikes.

Then id be looking at older tsx tl is250 is300 g35 g37. Basically older acuras lexus or Infinitis

Your typical modified civic rice rocket. I wanna go a bit lower in the rear

2A533ACC-CF01-43D4-BB4E-92250D86CF21.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom