\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Damn, my bros axle snapped on his M6. Not sure how it happened but the car is 700+ hp. Shop is recommending taking the car completely back to stock and having BMW warranty it, but even then could potentially be denied because there’s all sorts of info stored on the key. Shop even says his factory wheels need to go back on because they say his 21’s could’ve played a role in the failure.

Might just pay out of pocket, not sure if it’s worth removing the KW’s, Catless DP, FI exhaust, HRE’s etc. not to mention hauling all those parts back and forth.

Anyone have experience w something similar?

This is more than likely going to get denied, even if you take it back to stock. They'll check the shadow history and tell you they won't repair it. Not the first time I've witnessed an M6 axle not covered under warranty.

I've been putting off getting an IROC for years now. All the one's that end up for sale around here are beat to ****, and I honestly don't feel like dropping the 15-20k on a clean one.
I got some 8 and 9 racks ones around my way. This one in my area too but its going for 25
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/713864374/overview/

eb2e3bbd41bc615383084c4f641a048d.jpg

b82b134ab7d2dcf8c875887062d902c6.jpg

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

^

For 25k you can get one that is in immaculate condition. That place is out of their minds. And it looks as though it's been repainted.

I'd consider getting one for around 10k if it is in really good shape, but there doesn't really seem to be any middle ground with these cars. I really love them though. One of my all time favs.

Yeah you need to be in to the outdoor stuff for sure. I am not so my enjoyment is pretty limited. The 3.5 months of good summer like weather im out either playing baseball, on the river/lake, camping, and take the occasional hike.

Ive talking about trying to ski or snowboard a few times but i never talk myself in to doing it though. If one likes the outdoors though this is could be a place for you
I've wanted to get out my comfort zone and do some outdoor activities. My lil sister went to Alaska last year and it looked mad fun, the mountains still had some snow, but the ice was slowly melting and filling up the lakes so she got to go kayaking.

Anybody have an s3?
S4>>>>

I've wanted to get out my comfort zone and do some outdoor activities. My lil sister went to Alaska last year and it looked mad fun, the mountains still had some snow, but the ice was slowly melting and filling up the lakes so she got to go kayaking.

I def want to go to Alaska some time. Idk when but i def want to

We still have snow in the mountains still, crap part about that is when it finally warms up round here all the snow melts down in to the rivers and floods. Depending where you live some rivers just over flow in to farm land other are flooding neighborhoods.

It eventually calms down and bout mid June is finally summer weather. People call it spring but theres really no spring. Mar-May is "spring" but it can snow any day in May, even June. Snowed in June cpl years ago. July/Aug temps get in mid 90s some days 100s.

In laws bought a boat this winter so we gonna be on the lake quite a bit now instead of floating rivers :smile:

yall watch jay lenos garage
on youtube on the regular???
Used to watch him like clockwork '14 - '16. He recently had a supra on there so im gonna watch that soon. Car channels i stay in tune with the most are

Hoonigans
Haggard Garage
Doug Demuro
Regular car reviews
Rob Dahm
1320 Video (racing/street racing)
Mighty car mods
Leno's Garage
Roads Untraveled
SmurfinWRX
Engineering Explained
Wasabi Cars
Jalopniks YT channel

If you guys want the rest of them then let me know.

Last edited:
Used to watch him like clockwork '14 - '16. He recently had a supra on there saw im gonna watch that soon. Car channels i stay in tune with the most are

Hoonigans
Haggard Garage
Doug Demuro
Regular car reviews
Rob Dahm
Mighty car mods
Leno's Garage
Roads Untraveled
SmurfinWRX
Engineering Explained
Wasabi Cars
Jalopniks YT channel

i watch some of those too

Used to watch him like clockwork '14 - '16. He recently had a supra on there so im gonna watch that soon. Car channels i stay in tune with the most are

Hoonigans
Haggard Garage
Doug Demuro
Regular car reviews
Rob Dahm
Mighty car mods
Leno's Garage
Roads Untraveled
SmurfinWRX
Engineering Explained
Wasabi Cars
Jalopniks YT channel

fast lane, motorweek, and da smoking tire are also crack.

Damn, my bros axle snapped on his M6. Not sure how it happened but the car is 700+ hp. Shop is recommending taking the car completely back to stock and having BMW warranty it, but even then could potentially be denied because there’s all sorts of info stored on the key. Shop even says his factory wheels need to go back on because they say his 21’s could’ve played a role in the failure.

Might just pay out of pocket, not sure if it’s worth removing the KW’s, Catless DP, FI exhaust, HRE’s etc. not to mention hauling all those parts back and forth.

Anyone have experience w something similar?
If paying out of pocket why not just upgrade to DSS carbon fiber driveshaft and axels? Also what tune is he running? Some tunes have a flash counter freeze or rollback so it could hide that his car is tuned from the dealership but if BMW decides to look into it further, they could send out a field tech and look at the boost logs to find out if it's tuned

fast lane, motorweek, and da smoking tire are also crack.
Facts i got them on lock too. Motorweek been for the culture. Love their retro reviews when they bring back episodes of old whips. And smoking tire fye also. Farrah been my G. MotorTrend too and all their sub channels

Also forgot to mention my guy ThatDudeInBlue in my list

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom