\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Question fellas,

My wifey has a 2016 Honda Accord coupe base model that she financed new off the lot. We currently owe around 13000. We want a 4 door Honda Accord now being we’re expecting. Is it a stupid idea to trade it in for like 2014 4 door accord with around the same miles. It was a stupid purchase to begin with. But would trading a newer
car trying to break even or lose a couple thousand for a older model a bad idea?

I would hold out. If this your first child? Wait, no point of putting yourself in a deeper bind with negative equity.

Unless the payments are going to be the same and a warranty? Then go for it.

But for me, I wouldn’t.

The first year I had my daughter, we had the Ford Mustang, it wasn’t that bad. The 2nd year it was paid off but then brought a 4 door car. We both regretted it because that was extra money.

It’s our second child. I should of prob originally said that. But say I owe 13,000 and they offer me 12,000 and the car I the next car is around 11-13,000 wouldn’t the loss not be as bad? Obviously these are somewhat estimated numbers. But wouldn’t we be saving more then losing. Even though its an older car?

It’s our second child. I should of prob originally said that. But say I owe 13,000 and they offer me 12,000 and the car I the next car is around 11-13,000 wouldn’t the loss not be as bad? Obviously these are somewhat estimated numbers. But wouldn’t we be saving more then losing. Even though its an older car?

Oh yeah well that makes sense.

Shop around and see if you can find a better deal, if not, I say go for it.

I would hold out. If this your first child? Wait, no point of putting yourself in a deeper bind with negative equity.

Unless the payments are going to be the same and a warranty? Then go for it.

But for me, I wouldn’t.

The first year I had my daughter, we had the Ford Mustang, it wasn’t that bad. The 2nd year it was paid off but then brought a 4 door car. We both regretted it because that was extra money.
I’d second the wait. Same situation with me. Had a coupe, tried it out, the space just didn’t work in the rear. I’d imagine the Accord has more rear room in the back than my Genesis coupe. It’s the reason why I ended up with my GTI.

I’d second the wait. Same situation with me. Had a coupe, tried it out, the space just didn’t work in the rear. I’d imagine the Accord has more rear room in the back than my Genesis coupe. It’s the reason why I ended up with my GTI.
but he has two kids. One kid is not bad in a coupe but having two is a game changer

but he has two kids. One kid is not bad in a coupe but having two is a game changer
Just read the post about the two kids, yeah that’s different :lol: My girl is totally fine with having one and so am I lol

Ok my math was crazy wrong. I’m bugging. I’ll just keep the car and deal with it.

I would call up the dealership where you leased it and see what your options are. I can’t imagine them not willing to work with you if you are going to get another car from them.

Nah. Is that even a real thing? Never seen it before.
I think so, I work in the service department of a dealership that sells them and I seen it one time. Now I'm not sure if that's an option straight from the factory or if it was an aftermarket part.

Ok my math was crazy wrong. I’m bugging. I’ll just keep the car and deal with it.

I dont see where you were off. If you can get 12 and you owe 13, id even look in to the '18s. Not sure what the lease offers are but financing is at 2.9% in to june some time. You can definitely talk a dealer down a 1-2k depending their asking price.

But even if you go with a used youre in good shape if you can get a good deal on your current

Mine fills up with like 30 bucks on premium. When it was cheaper earlier this year it would fill up with 25
Going to the gas station is like a monthly thing for me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom