\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Everytime I've brought a car to an auto car wash , it comes out with small scratches.

No thank you. Give me water, a bucket, and my 2 shammies.

To each their own though

Last edited:
Just think about how many cars go through that car wash daily/weekly/monthly. You don't know how often they clean their sand-paper-like bristles and cloth. and they probably use the same thing for years, which is why it has such poor anti-friction properties and scratch the hell out of your vehicle.

Their soap is trash, and everything they used is economical, meant to increase their profit margin. Even "hand car wash"
Spots are terrible, but at least not as bad. My company has an account with a hand car wash spot and I take my work truck there that they gave me since I'm a project engineer and need to get around, every few weeks. Mind you it's a work truck meant to get beat up.

This is your personal vehicle.

Regular car washes are literally just torture.

Last edited:

dude can get all the way out this thread
roll.gif
What's with the auto car wash hate?

You're the type that fills BMW coolant because it looks pretty.
And you sound like the type that only has a car because he needs one to get from A to B

No one that cares about their cars appearance would go to an auto car wash. It's like ******* a junkie *****. Nothing good is gonna come from it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
8)
No one that cares about their cars appearance would go to an auto car wash. It's like ******* a junkie *****. Nothing good is gonna come from it.
Lol just kum n go. I have tons of miniscule scratches, mostly on the hood I took from a wrecker. I've also got curb scratches and the greatest dings from glorious PO, so really all I care is that my rolling timebomb that is a high mileage M62 makes a healthy sound. Dust it off and drive.

IDK about your spots but the bristles here aren't awful, I can't be bothered with the exterior as much as keeping my undercarriage clean.

Are all of your auto car washes down there with bristles? We don't have any of those types here, they're all touch less. Have been for years actually, I think the last one that used bristles was replaced with a touch less like 7 or 8 years ago.

Sometimes I'll use a touch less car wash in the winter when it's cold as **** and I don't want to be outside washing my filthy vehicle, and it's covered in salt. Other then that, I try and do it myself every 2-3 weeks.

Are all of your auto car washes down there with bristles? We don't have any of those types here, they're all touch less. Have been for years actually, I think the last one that used bristles was replaced with a touch less like 7 or 8 years ago.

Sometimes I'll use a touch less car wash in the winter when it's cold as **** and I don't want to be outside washing my filthy vehicle, and it's covered in salt. Other then that, I try and do it myself every 2-3 weeks.
Depends on the spot, touchless ones are common with gas, all the touch ones here claim soft.

Interior is a dif story.

You stay in Sac?

Can't wash in my driveway in SJ cause they banned it :smh:

Neighbors be snitchin too.

Me [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Lol maybe if y'all stopped wasting water stuff would actually be replenished and wildfires wouldn't happen all the time

tell the dirtbags in Southern California to quit stealing our water

Man I know it's been an longtime issue for years :smh: :smh:

Use, use, use but don't put back

You know those palms and thick bushes got to stay lush and hydrated in the fancy areas

Last edited:

There's a reason why Granddad said never to lose car washes. It ultimately destroys your car. He would get a some sponges, microfiber cloths, soap, and some water and get it cracking. That car would be cleaner than a board of health and not a scratch on it.
Washed my car last year once at 2 AM, no lights so no one would see
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Damn Snitchin Neighbors 
mean.gif

Damn its really like that out there in CA??! Thats crazy.

I go through the touch free car wash at least once a week bros, black is the devil to keep clean on a daily basis, one of the biggest reasons I want to wrap it one day.

Back
Top Bottom