\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just got a new jawn. Lexus Is 250 8)

Last edited:
^^^^^:wow:

Wash, iron x, wash and clay, polish...will wax tomorrow. Doesn't look like the polish did much of anything in my eyes...either that or I wasn't doing it correctly. Once the wax goes on hopefully it'll have more of a shine to it.

Noticed a TON of tiny rust spots on the hood. Honda paint is literally trash, it's so thin but amazingly there were no swirls on the car. Either that or I couldn't find them under the flashlight.

Honda paint is pure trash.

I read on some forum that supposedly they reformulated their paint because what they were using between 03-08 was the worst on the market.

Just got a new jawn. Lexus Is 250 8)

should have copped the 350 my dude, I've read that the 250 has some engine problems due to carbon build up

Last edited:
^^^^^:wow:

Wash, iron x, wash and clay, polish...will wax tomorrow. Doesn't look like the polish did much of anything in my eyes...either that or I wasn't doing it correctly. Once the wax goes on hopefully it'll have more of a shine to it.

Noticed a TON of tiny rust spots on the hood. Honda paint is literally trash, it's so thin but amazingly there were no swirls on the car. Either that or I couldn't find them under the flashlight.
Honda paint is pure trash.

I read on some forum that supposedly they reformulated their paint because what they were using between 03-08 was the worst on the market.

Found out that the "rust" spots are actually road tar that look like rust.

Ever since Honda starting doing this their paint has been fugazzi. Pisses me off that a tiny scratch is not re-moveable because it's deep into the paint since they probably one use 2 coats. Can't even get the damn paint to shine but I guess that's the norm with sliver cars.

:smoking

Saw a Volvo that caught my eyes and theyre not bad price wise....anybody got any experience with them in here?

Reliable? Pain in the ***? or are they a hit and miss like a volkswagon?
Later ones (around the change of the millenium) are mediocre\okay, but their older ones tended to be tanks.

Saw a Volvo that caught my eyes and theyre not bad price wise....anybody got any experience with them in here?

Later ones (around the change of the millenium) are mediocre\okay, but their older ones tended to be tanks.

on google I saw a story that one of their older models is going on 3 MILLION miles bro. damn...

Last edited:
i mean it was lowkey just a commercial for montu motors :lol:

still dope tho :smokin

Basically. Lol. I can appreciate anyone who really knows their stuff about cars. He seems like a cop who would let you off with a warning but admire your car rather than be a d*ck and give u a ticket for no front license plate

on google I saw a story that one of their older models is going on 3 MILLION miles bro. damn...

Uncle bought a Volvo brand new in 1986. Been in the family until 2011 when some things went wrong and we got rid of it. Last I remember it was at 350k miles.

My brother recently sold his 05 Volvo S60R. That car was STUPID fun to drive. 300hp, 300tq, 6-spd, AWD.

While it was fun, it was an absolute nightmare in terms of repairs. The front struts, lower control arms, and axles all went bad at the same time. To replace all of that with oem parts was over $3k in parts alone. And thats IF you could find the axles for the car. Our dad is a mechanic so the labor would have been free. He eventually sold the car to a guy in Connecticut and went back to Honda.

My family has owned 7 different volvos over the years. They're solid, until you need to make any repairs. Then it will start to hurt your wallet a bit. But that is pretty standard with any European vehicle.

My brother recently sold his 05 Volvo S60R. That car was STUPID fun to drive. 300hp, 300tq, 6-spd, AWD.

While it was fun, it was an absolute nightmare in terms of repairs. The front struts, lower control arms, and axles all went bad at the same time. To replace all of that with oem parts was over $3k in parts alone. And thats IF you could find the axles for the car. Our dad is a mechanic so the labor would have been free. He eventually sold the car to a guy in Connecticut and went back to Honda.

My family has owned 7 different volvos over the years. They're solid, until you need to make any repairs. Then it will start to hurt your wallet a bit. But that is pretty standard with any European vehicle.

I was actually looking into volvos a couple years ago

That polestar blue is too nice

Oh lord. That Polestar...

I actually saw one but in black, on the road. In person its absolutely gorgeous. That wheel and brake combo is flames.

Back
Top Bottom