\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Is it a Saturn with a Skyline conversion?
laugh.gif
 That conversion might be a little more

Just ask the Ducati and Aprilia boys about their love for Öhlins. I mean, don't get me wrong KW's are good coilovers as well.

Sometimes you just need to go for Gold.

:lol: :smokin

Is anyone into audio here? I found it disturbing driving with my stock system for quite some time, just never got into it.

This is what about a little over $7k gets you if you include wiring(speaker wire and 0 gauge OFC for the "Big 3" and wiring your amps, harnesses, fuse boxes, etc)

My front 2-way component speakers alone retail for $1,300. The rear coaxials for about $850.

Pics of the install and some close-ups.

JL Audio HD1200/1, JL Audio XD400/4 V2

JL Audio dual 10W6v3's

Progress of the ported box for both subs, tuned to about 27Hz. Ported enclosure with 44-inch ports for each sub.

Finished product on the subs. Custom quick-release feature on the box that allows me to easily remove it with easily accessible terminals. All connections were heat shrunk and cleanly installed, all doors and trunk were slightly deadened (inner and outer skin) to increase the quality of acoustics.

Detailed pictures of my Focal KRX2's and Focal KRC's

Tiny secondary battery installed in order to properly supply power to everything without compromising the stock car's output.

Nice work!

I recently installed a complete Hybrid Audio Legatita install, Arc Audio Amp and a Stereo Integrity sub.

Are you using a DSP?

good lawk 7 gs?

@Sco cuddie1

I understand your concept of using a DSP. But that would basically just give me more EQ to each channel and just make things way more complicated than they have to be for 4 channels of audio and 2 channels of base in a single enclosure. Probably a very minimal, not even noticeable difference. With more components involved you'll most likely need a high quality manual DSP.

Here are some of the settings, it's pretty neat:

good lawk 7 gs?

I paid a bit less, that's all retail value. What those things are actually worth. I bought my stuff through Crutchfield and they've been an enormous help. Not always the best price but you have to becareful with eBay and Amazon dealers not being official authorized dealers of either Focal, JL, etc. or your Warranty will mean absolutely **** to them.

80% of my parts have a 3-year warranty, where normal manufacturer warranty is only 1 year for nearly all of these products.

Just realized my Amuse lug nuts cost as much as brand new RPF1's if you purchase it from the right vendor :smh:

I was thinking about not using my stockers as my winter tire, I fell inlove with another set of wheels. Not as new (as in release date new, I don't buy used wheels and never will, although I do support it. 2nd owner saves the initial depreciation and it's smart, but I don't think I'll ever be selling any set of wheels I plan on purchasing, have purchased so it's an emotional value thing. I want to have the wheel from Day 1) as my summer wheels. Although the factory color is probably newer than my Volk's first production date (2014)

They'll definitely be 17's and will be track specs. I'll be sure to post them once the cold breeze starts coming back.

Last edited:
Yep. Definitely can't be buying used wheels, who knows what type of abuse the previous owner put them through. Even if they look mint and are half the price, can't trust them to not break on the highway, especially with high quality forged wheels

Are there not Subaru or other car forums to go on? Why even come back after being so scared you had to ask for your account to be deleted because you fear for your life?

Posts about a crazy audio set up but dodges questions on which car it's going into. Why?

Been eyeing an M2 with a DCT, think the car is the best bang for the buck. 

Last edited:
Yep. Definitely can't be buying used wheels, who knows what type of abuse the previous owner put them through. Even if they look mint and are half the price, can't trust them to not break on the highway, especially with high quality forged wheels
Que?

Back
Top Bottom