\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Can we all relax and appreciate one of the best cars ever made :smokin

Cant wait to get my hands on soon.gif
Does it have a v8? :lol:
Srs

not srs

Granted safety features have come a very long way and modern cars are certainly safer than older ones, but that video is extremely misleading. The 1959 Bel Air used an X-Frame, which lacked side rails and always had terrible structural rigidity. Additionally, that car featured in the video had no drive-line further reducing the structural rigidity of an already weak vehicle and causing the entire front end to completely collapse in on itself upon impact. Now I'm not saying old cars are safer than new ones, but they sure did cherry pick the wettest of wet noodles to get their point across :lol:.
Haha yep, I was waiting for someone to say that when I posted it, you're totally right. Additionally, the impact was offset, and not head on. They definitely set it up so the Bel Air would not fair well.

I would have liked to see a t-bone with the x frame too, probably would've been just as bad for the driver dummy :lol:

No doubt. I'm sure in a t-bone the 59 would have boded even worse :x

Whats a "Y"8 though ?

I will get one in the forseeable future and after i blow da inline 6 i do plan on putting an LS motor in there :smokin

Just too busy with school right now to start a project like this but it will happen b.

All engines are garbage.. all of em

-4b11t i4 - weak sauce grocery getter engine that needs a tarbo to power anything heavier than a weedwacker
-2jzgte i6 - laggy overweight piece of crap
-LS3 v8 - stone age push-rod tractor engine
-Viper v10 - nothing but a gussied up truck motor
-m70 v12- 2 clunky i6s tacked together with super glue and zip ties
-Cadillac v16 - mathematically they're twice as bad as a v8

Welp... there you have it... fax b

We should all bow down and appreciate the only engine worth owning or swapping... The Yugo 1.3 3cyl :smokin

yall in here slandering v8,so basically my name was called...

Either way ya want it ..

Never mind I just wanted to post those pics carry on :lol:

Last edited:

The next-gen BMW M3 and M4  may finally reach the 500-horsepower benchmark by the end of this decade, using two breakthrough technologies to do so.

A new report by Automobile Magazine claims that the M3/M4 will use electric turbos and a water injection system for the upcoming generation, due by 2018, which could net a 69-hp increase for the current M duo.

The idea is that the temperature of the air being mixed with the fuel inside the engine is usually hotter than ideal, so the system injects a fine mist of water into the collector in order to reduce the air's temperature... sort of like one of those hydrating misters at an amusement park or outdoor mall, but in an even hotter environment. The system brings the temperature of the air down to a more optimal temperature, helping it combust better.

The process is said to yield a number of positive effects. For one, it reduces knocking. For another, it can make more out of lower-octane fuel where higher octane isn't available. It also can control the adverse effects of higher ambient temperature on the combustion process. But most of all, it increases output and reduce fuel consumption by around eight percent.

Whether that eight percent is worth the added weight of the system – particularly with water pump and a 1.3-gallon tank in the trunk – is up for debate. But we'd imagine that the Bavarian engineers have weighed very carefully. Of course there's also the matter of refilling the water tank, which BMW says would be carried out whenever the safety car is refueled, but in real-world conditions would only necessitate attention once every five top-ups at the gas station.

By now you might have guessed that BMW probably didn't develop this system just for the MotoGP safety car, and isn't planning on keeping it confined to the racetrack. Instead it's being tested and demonstrated on the safety car before being rolled out on production models in the future. Since the manufacturer says it can optimize the system for performance or for economy, we wouldn't expect it to be implemented only on performance models, either.

Pretty sad :lol: its gonna take bmw 5 years to add 60 more horsepower.:rofl: another reason why ________ is better :tongue:

BMW is constantly completely changing their engines instead of refining and sticking with one :smh:
man this bugs me so much about them

and the problem is that they dont develop them where they can last forever like their old old engines so consumers end up paying up the wazoo too keep them maintained.

Pretty sad :lol: its gonna take bmw 5 years to add 60 more horsepower.:rofl: another reason why ________ is better :tongue:

u wot m8
200 hp e30 m3
282 hp e36 m3
338 hp e46 m3
414 hp e92 m3
425hp f80 m3
500hp new gen m3

wow did not realize the m4 only has like 10 more HP than the last gen M :lol:

all that torque tho

Last edited:
What I'm saying is (with all due respect), some cars shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as others.

Not that it should stop anybody from expressing their opinion. It's just apples to watermelons. When a watermelon is a work of art, both internally and externally.

Reported for racism

u wot m8
200 hp e30 m3
282 hp e36 m3
338 hp e46 m3
414 hp e92 m3
425hp f80 m3
500hp new gen m3

wow did not realize the m4 only has like 10 more HP than the last gen M
laugh.gif

all that torque tho
All the turbo bmw's are underrated. The n54 makes around 280whp and 300tq

424WHP

425tq

I was on the highway today cruising when a matte silver Supra (modified) came next to me. Dude was gon a half second later. :lol:

Straight filthy. #dat2jzovernightedfromjapan

Back
Top Bottom