Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Animal Hospital:

- If you have a poorly trained pet, I will treat it like #*!% most of the time. (last to get bathed, walked, fed)
- If you have a well trained pet, I take extra care of it (extra food and stuff...hell, I might let it walk around the kennel and play with it
laugh.gif
)

These arent "things you know  because of your job".  These are just you being an %$%.

Unless dude worked at Bad Newz Kennels, I don't believe 1/2 the %$$$ he was saying.....

Many of the kids (e.g. usually black and Latino) in special education do not have any disabilities, rather they are just too difficult to manage for general ed teachers, so they are placed in special ed.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

After reading this thread, I need to start doing/ learning to do some of these things on my own (Growing my own crops, building my own electronics and cars, learn how to be a master chef, etc). Some of you people/your coworkers are lazy and disgusting $$@*#.  
sick.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Yeah, agreed.

Very interesting on the bars tidbits, I figured a lot of that stuff but some of it is pretty interesting.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Adding on as a mechanic at a Honda dealership...-Labor rate is $110/hr, usually mechanics only see 10%-15% of this and the rest goes into the dealership's pocket. Ask us to work on your car on the side and we will do it for 50% off whatever the dealer is asking.-Tipping is not necessary.-Never try to rush our work, something will get smoked and I'm not able to do my job as I'd like.-If your car looks to be in good condition I'll take extra care of the car.-I don't mind you watching me work on your car or answering questions you may have.-When I finish your oil change in 10 minutes it's because I'm not lazy and knocked it out so you can be on your way.-Please do your timing belts I don't like seeing motors blow up because your belt snapped.-Stay away from those Jiffy Lube, Mobil, Meineke places. 9/10, when I'm working on your car I can see something they screwed up.-If you don't like squeaking brake pads don't put that cheap Auto Zone, Pep Boys crap and buy OEM.

Are you flat rate or hourly? How long have you been a mechanic?

I'm a flat rate technician and I've been working at this dealership for 3 years.  You might know it, Rick Case Honda I-75 and Griffin Rd.  It's a pretty big dealership, we have an Express Service area with about 30 person staff, Main Shop/Warranty Area 30 person staff, Full Body shop 40 person staff, Court of Clerks (You can get married at our dealership lol), Barber Shop, Cafe,   Detail Area, New/Used car sales, Car Rental (Hertz), on site Geico, Gas Station

Here's a pic of the entire dealership The big building in the rear is the parking garage, body shop, Luxe Collection, and Express Service.
pic_rick_case_honda.jpg

I know it, never realized just how huge it was though wow. I'm about to enroll in the auto mechanic class at BC so I like seeing what local mechanics have to say about things.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Mr Anleu
wrote:

Retail (Sears, Target, etc.)
I heard a good way to get cheap electronics from Sears, is to buy it, return it, then have a friend buy "the opened box"
heard they give you like 30% off at this point
do they still do this?
obviously works best if you have an employee holding the items for you.
???

you wont save that much. if you return an opened box product you have to pay a 20% restocking fee

Honestly to the guy earlier at starbucks, what do you expect?

All retail workers are like that, me included ( but to a waaaay lesser extent to NTers). We see hundreds of people each day, we really dont need to deal with another #!$!*#! like you with an attitude.

If im respectful to you, i can at least expect the same back from you.

Originally Posted by BangDak

All retail workers are like that, me included ( but to a waaaay lesser extent to NTers). We see hundreds of people each day, we really dont need to deal with another #!$!*#! like you with an attitude.

May I ask why you work with public if you can't handle people with various attitude? When you start your "carrer" did you honestly think that all people are the same. That all people are polite, smiley and fun?

I learned that 80% of the customer's at Sports Authority are rude, ignorant people.

What are you even talking about? Second part was a bit confusing. Anywho, Im polite with most anyone who comes through the store. Im not one to take things personally, and growing up in a rude area all my life has me immune to that stuff. But I listed things that will make a barista (at least the ones I work with) a little irritated. Granted, most of them have been at that hectic store for about 2+ years so theyve gotten sorta sick of it, but thats how it is. Im never rude with customers (Someone today basically cursed us out and called us liars for not being able to open the register and give him change without him paying cash for something) and I just keep on working. At the end of the day, Im fortunate enough to be in college, for free, with this job as something for me to do in the summer. I go in, do my work, and I leave. No conflicts, no stress. Its not worth the anger.

Having said that, at most locations where baristas have worked forever, seeing a ton of customers 10 minutes before close (when a lot of stuff is either packed up or being washed, meanwhile the lobby and back are being cleaned) is not something thats looked forward to. The people who are complete douches will be respected and given their drinks in a timely order, but theyll never get free drinks and all the hookups we do for the real cool polite people. Thats a normal thing... No matter what youll get your service, but if youre really polite, well usually genuinely reciprocate it.

Originally Posted by ebpo

May I ask why you work with public if you can't handle people with various attitude? When you start your "carrer" did you honestly think that all people are the same. That all people are polite, smiley and fun?
You misunderstood my point. I'm always nice and friendly as long as i can take, but sometimes, there just so much a person can take. If you're going to %+!!$ about why your foods taking so long, when you can see the whole damn restaurant is full, with people in front of you still waiting, you'd think i have a reason to be ticked off. I'll politely and kindly say, you're food will be in here in 10 minutes sir/maa'm, but if you ask again before that 10minutes is up, you better bet i'd give you a damn attitude.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

All retail workers are like that, me included ( but to a waaaay lesserextent to NTers). We see hundreds of people each day, we really dontneed to deal with another #!$!*#! like you with an attitude.

Whatare you even talking about? Second part was a bit confusing. Anywho, Impolite with most anyone who comes through the store. Im not one to takethings personally, and growing up in a rude area all my life has meimmune to that stuff. But I listed things that will make a barista (atleast the ones I work with) a little irritated. Granted, most of themhave been at that hectic store for about 2+ years so theyve gottensorta sick of it, but thats how it is. Im never rude with customers(Someone today basically cursed us out and called us liars for notbeing able to open the register and give him change without him payingcash for something) and I just keep on working. At the end of the day,Im fortunate enough to be in college, for free, with this job assomething for me to do in the summer. I go in, do my work, and I leave.No conflicts, no stress. Its not worth the anger.

Having saidthat, at most locations where baristas have worked forever, seeing aton of customers 10 minutes before close (when a lot of stuff is eitherpacked up or being washed, meanwhile the lobby and back are beingcleaned) is not something thats looked forward to. The people who arecomplete douches will be respected and given their drinks in a timelyorder, but theyll never get free drinks and all the hookups we do forthe real cool polite people. Thats a normal thing... No matter whatyoull get your service, but if youre really polite, well usuallygenuinely reciprocate it.
It was a response to everyone who wrote about your job, but this is how i feel. if i'll be nice to you, try not to be a $+%! to me, i hate it as much as you do.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

All retail workers are like that, me included ( but to a waaaay lesserextent to NTers). We see hundreds of people each day, we really dontneed to deal with another #!$!*#! like you with an attitude.

Whatare you even talking about? Second part was a bit confusing. Anywho, Impolite with most anyone who comes through the store. Im not one to takethings personally, and growing up in a rude area all my life has meimmune to that stuff. But I listed things that will make a barista (atleast the ones I work with) a little irritated. Granted, most of themhave been at that hectic store for about 2+ years so theyve gottensorta sick of it, but thats how it is. Im never rude with customers(Someone today basically cursed us out and called us liars for notbeing able to open the register and give him change without him payingcash for something) and I just keep on working. At the end of the day,Im fortunate enough to be in college, for free, with this job assomething for me to do in the summer. I go in, do my work, and I leave.No conflicts, no stress. Its not worth the anger.

Having saidthat, at most locations where baristas have worked forever, seeing aton of customers 10 minutes before close (when a lot of stuff is eitherpacked up or being washed, meanwhile the lobby and back are beingcleaned) is not something thats looked forward to. The people who arecomplete douches will be respected and given their drinks in a timelyorder, but theyll never get free drinks and all the hookups we do forthe real cool polite people. Thats a normal thing... No matter whatyoull get your service, but if youre really polite, well usuallygenuinely reciprocate it.
It was a response to everyone who wrote about your job, but this is how i feel. if i'll be nice to you, try not to be a $+%! to me, i hate it as much as you do.
I dont really hate my job at all, but Ive definitely seen WHY people who work there for so long can get ticked off. Maybe because I'm still new Ill almost always fake a smile no matter how rude someone is, but that just seems like the easier way to deal with it. The way I see it, a customer can be as rude or a douche, but the moment I act the same way back, Im giving them a REASON to feel like they should be rude. I never like giving people that kind of satisfaction, so I'll always hold back.

I can see how you're frustrated though, its probably from working at a place for so long. Hopefully when/if I ever hit that point, I can just leave. School is my number one priority anyways.

From anyone working retail, that occasional customer who is just a cool person and genuine is
pimp.gif
. Nice change of pace from a hectic schedule.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Many of the kids (e.g. usually black and Latino) in special education do not have any disabilities, rather they are just too difficult to manage for general ed teachers, so they are placed in special ed.

thats really interesting, and yet kinda sad. at the same time im not entirely surprised. me n a friend got into a fight with 3 speds cuz they snatched his bball, and they werent disabled at all.

Iwork for a catering company in NYC that caters for celebrity events and verywealthy folks

-         Everyonestarts at $20 an hour

-         Ido not have a set place to work, I can be catering anywhere

-         Usuallythe client rents out places you would not think of (museum, cathedrals, otherbig places etc)

-         Isee celebrities like you see strangers in the street, it can be rappers,singers, actors/actress, ball players, you name it I’ve met them

-         Inthe places we cater, we usually don’t get searched on our way in, I can be verywell be in the Met Museum serving the mayor with an Uzi on my hip and no onewould know

-         Celebritiesare odd. I was serving Jeff Gordon and he asked me for pizza when I was servingfilet mignon. Karl Lagerfield never eats at events, only drinks diet coke. Mostfemale actresses are vegetarians. Elton John will wink at you if you take apiss at the next urinal.

-         Thereis an even share of nice and mean folks. I spilled champagne all over Beyonce’sdesigner dress and she smiled and said it was okay, I was scared.

-         Youare not suppose to take tips because the events are paid prior to it takingplace, but if guests insists you must take it

-         It’svery easy to drink on the job, go to the bar and ask for something for theguest and walk to a secluded place and drink it.

-         Drunkrich folks tips very well, AKA make strong drinks

-         Ifyou work holidays, you get double pay ($40/hr) and I’ve been tipped $500 forworking on thanksgiving

-         Minimumon a table is $10,000. Usually it’s 10 people per table, so it’s $1,000 perperson to eat the cheapest food on the menu

-         Thecompany provides food for the staff, they prepare extra of what the guests arehaving. So yeah, I eat what they paid thousands for, for free.

-         Whenwe work out of state, transportation is provided and we get paid for the timetravelled.

-         Mostpeople who I work with are old and bitter because they never made it aftergoing to school to become artists, musicians, and actors and they work for thepeople who they were suppose to become

-         TreySong feeds his girl ice cream, Kanye is very silent and calm and what thepublic sees is just a character he plays, Jews love bacon

Originally Posted by alan713

Iwork for a catering company in NYC that caters for celebrity events and verywealthy folks

-         Everyonestarts at $20 an hour

-         Ido not have a set place to work, I can be catering anywhere

-         Usuallythe client rents out places you would not think of (museum, cathedrals, otherbig places etc)

-         Isee celebrities like you see strangers in the street, it can be rappers,singers, actors/actress, ball players, you name it I’ve met them

-         Inthe places we cater, we usually don’t get searched on our way in, I can be verywell be in the Met Museum serving the mayor with an Uzi on my hip and no onewould know

-         Celebritiesare odd. I was serving Jeff Gordon and he asked me for pizza when I was servingfilet mignon. Karl Lagerfield never eats at events, only drinks diet coke. Mostfemale actresses are vegetarians. Elton John will wink at you if you take apiss at the next urinal.

-         Thereis an even share of nice and mean folks. I spilled champagne all over Beyonce’sdesigner dress and she smiled and said it was okay, I was scared.

-         Youare not suppose to take tips because the events are paid prior to it takingplace, but if guests insists you must take it

-         It’svery easy to drink on the job, go to the bar and ask for something for theguest and walk to a secluded place and drink it.

-         Drunkrich folks tips very well, AKA make strong drinks

-         Ifyou work holidays, you get double pay ($40/hr) and I’ve been tipped $500 forworking on thanksgiving

-         Minimumon a table is $10,000. Usually it’s 10 people per table, so it’s $1,000 perperson to eat the cheapest food on the menu

-         Thecompany provides food for the staff, they prepare extra of what the guests arehaving. So yeah, I eat what they paid thousands for, for free.

-         Whenwe work out of state, transportation is provided and we get paid for the timetravelled.

-         Mostpeople who I work with are old and bitter because they never made it aftergoing to school to become artists, musicians, and actors and they work for thepeople who they were suppose to become

-         TreySong feeds his girl ice cream, Kanye is very silent and calm and what thepublic sees is just a character he plays, Jews love bacon
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

thats really interesting, and yet kinda sad. at the same time im not entirely surprised. me n a friend got into a fight with 3 speds cuz they snatched his bball, and they werent disabled at all.
I've known this. My mom used to be a teacher. I use to wonder why special kids were kinda smart. 

Your lungs have the surface area of a tennis court...and with each cigarette, it takes a lil bit away. Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Don't ever buy Applecare from the Apple Store. They pressured us to push it on customers and it's such a waste of money. NOTHING will go wrong for your Mac in the first couple years of owning it, it'll be after warranty expires (if anything were to happen).
laugh.gif
It's been well worth it for me. I've gotten two batteries and two chargers replaced since buying my laptop a few years ago. I've also had the casing replaced for cracking, as well as the hard drive replaced after it crashed.

My computer has had so many problems
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Adding on as a mechanic at a Honda dealership...-Labor rate is $110/hr, usually mechanics only see 10%-15% of this and the rest goes into the dealership's pocket. Ask us to work on your car on the side and we will do it for 50% off whatever the dealer is asking.-Tipping is not necessary.-Never try to rush our work, something will get smoked and I'm not able to do my job as I'd like.-If your car looks to be in good condition I'll take extra care of the car.-I don't mind you watching me work on your car or answering questions you may have.-When I finish your oil change in 10 minutes it's because I'm not lazy and knocked it out so you can be on your way.-Please do your timing belts I don't like seeing motors blow up because your belt snapped.-Stay away from those Jiffy Lube, Mobil, Meineke places. 9/10, when I'm working on your car I can see something they screwed up.-If you don't like squeaking brake pads don't put that cheap Auto Zone, Pep Boys crap and buy OEM.

Are you flat rate or hourly? How long have you been a mechanic?

I'm a flat rate technician and I've been working at this dealership for 3 years.  You might know it, Rick Case Honda I-75 and Griffin Rd.  It's a pretty big dealership, we have an Express Service area with about 30 person staff, Main Shop/Warranty Area 30 person staff, Full Body shop 40 person staff, Court of Clerks (You can get married at our dealership lol), Barber Shop, Cafe,   Detail Area, New/Used car sales, Car Rental (Hertz), on site Geico, Gas Station

Here's a pic of the entire dealership The big building in the rear is the parking garage, body shop, Luxe Collection, and Express Service.
pic_rick_case_honda.jpg

I know that area well
laugh.gif

Mr Anleu wrote:
Retail (Sears, Target, etc.)
I heard a good way to get cheap electronics from Sears, is to buy it, return it, then have a friend buy "the opened box"
heard they give you like 30% off at this point
do they still do this?
obviously works best if you have an employee holding the items for you.
???

I've seen plenty of tv's let go for dirt cheap (because they're open box) towards the end of a month to reach quota's. The problem is you can get hit with a restocking fee depending on who rings you up. Not worth risking it unless you know someone.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

I've seen plenty of tv's let go for dirt cheap (because they're open box) towards the end of a month to reach quota's. The problem is you can get hit with a restocking fee depending on who rings you up. Not worth risking it unless you know someone.
thanks

Originally Posted by alan713

roll.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom