Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by stand4something

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Former Google NYC Employee

-one of the best places to work in the world
-we get around the facility using scooters (vp's and managers have segways)
-ive personally met Eric Schmidt (ceo) and larry and sergey (founders)
-Googlers do not pay for anything, and when I say anything I mean anything, from food to cellphones
-the NYC office is the second biggest next to mountainview
-there is nothing outside or in the lobby of the building that says "Google"
-5 star chefs come to the Google Restaurants and prepare meals according to the theme (e.g chinese, jamaican, etc)
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are free of charge, buffet style
-theres a special internal google search system called "Moma", Google as a whole cannot operate without it, it contains every single drop of google info, you wont find anything on Moma if you google it
-fun fact: Google gets 14$ for each Google and youtube search, insane

I can go on for days lol
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
HOW

I going to go ahead and call BS on this.  If that was true Google would be pulling in close to a billion dollars daily.  No way in hell that is true.  Maybe 14 cents, but even that seems high.

I said the same thing bro, this is why Google has been the number 1 fortune 500 company for years, that number came from Schmidt 's mouth himself in a conference, but you gotta realize, they have over 100 offices worldwide to keep up with, and every facility is the same with the perks, scooters, chefs and etc. So 14$ is definitely hard to believe but not farfetched.. 
Starting salary for an engineer out of college is close to 100k, I've seen sales, media and advertising and engineers W2's lol, they'll show you happily.But in hindsight it is a very demanding place to work, its hard to focus when you have game rooms with 360, ps3, Wii etc, Microkitchens that are equipped with all types of snacks from m&m's to red velvet cake , from water to naked smoothies, indoor gyms, basketball courts, massage rooms, quiet rooms, personal elevators, free Google clothes etcGooglers are the first to have any Android phone.

When the g1 and my touch first released, I had it on my desk about a month before releaseAmongst all of these perks, they'll fire you in a minute, no if Ands or buts, no one really works for Google for more than a year or 2, why? I dunno, people get stressed out, vps always all over you, no room for error, there are no write ups, you mess up, your fired, that simple.Good thing about it is you get to keep everything and most of all, its on your resume..

how can you get a job at google? to be honest, go to school, or just know the right people. People think you have to be a "googler" to get a job at google. Theres jobs in there that dont require an outlandish degree or insane credentials and they still pay good, great actually
laugh.gif

i still email my ex-coworkers time to time and i still reap SOME benefits from working there, but all in all its a great place to work, the people you meet the connections you make are endless
What did u do to get fired, if you don't mind me asking
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Let's see then, some random facts/observances from my "job" (I don't consider this a job). Sorry if anyone knows this

-Almost all of the "Celebrity Hollywood" parties have coke,x, etc. I saw a few artist (Not relavant (sp?) at the moment) use and abuse drugs and weed definately doesn't count
-Most artist (i.e. Lil Twist, Nicki Minaj, and even Lil Wayne, although he his kind of hard to prove) are asked to lie about their age once they get "ON" to the masses. A record exec. actually told me this one, and a few artist that i'm in contact with/manage have been in talks about doing this
-The industry is Blackballing DMX right now and some of this stuff he is being accused of he really did not do
-I'm sure most of you know this, but nothing is a coincidence from what i've seen. You can trace anything back to prove this. "So and So" won a grammy and it seems like a surprise? Hardly, been in the works by the Higher ups for months now
-Music forum knows this one: A lot of big time artist in conjunction with their label and pr will schedule the release of their albums to coincide with the deadline for the grammy's.
-Jews really are powerful in not just music, but hollywood. I'm assuming you all know this as well.
-Trey Songz is a dope individual...So is J.Cole. Mad Chill people
-Nicki Minaj isn't into this wig/outrageous outfits that they have her in
-Higher ups have parties where they intentionally hire gay men
-If you don't know who Casey Veggies, Overdoz, Jamaal, or a few others are right now, you will hear from them sometime next year. The west coast has been doing it with the young artist
-Some of tupac's dead songs aren't done by him, they are done by someone else and they just use his voice
-I don't get paid a lot of money
-Drake has used so much money to break into the game. From the trey songz feature on replacement girl, to the video for this, to the making of comback season, to so far gone, etc.
-Selling your soul in the industry isn't "Selling your morals." It's literally selling your soul
-Hardly any rapper lives the life you think they do. Even the most popular ones. I have a friend who spent some time with
-HARDLY any rapper is making serious money right now. Another record exec. told me this. I know most know this, but its serious.
-Award shows are so fixed its sickening
-Future the Prince and D10 are dope people. Mad chill and layed back.
-A recording contract is....for lack of a better term, it tricks you. They give you a large advance, but in essence have to finance their career with that.
-Being tied to a record label for multiple albums is potentially suicide.
-At this time, being independent is hard as far as finances and publicity go, but if you can manage to do it, do it. That way, you have control. Sign to a label to quickly, They might not let you get your mixtape game going, they will rush your album out knowing damn well the public isn't even ready for you, and then you will find yourself dropped. The only reason why they signed you, is so they can have control of your buzz or your single that was buzzing at the time.
-You don't get nominated for a grammy off a Mixtape. Like I said, that was not a coincidence. Although he was at the time "Unsigned," CM/YM/Universal pushed so far gone and best I ever had as if he was their artist. In fact, one pr guy told me over lunch that he has been signed for much longer than people think.

Just some that came to mind. Sorry if this is already known.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Realtalk, are you suggesting that there are in fact "supernatural" dealings going on in Hollywood?

Truly scary stuff.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Train cargo contain some of the most toxic and dangerous chemicals known to man. We pull tanks of chlorine, toxic acids and fumes by houses and play grounds 24 7. And it doesn't take much to derail a train. There is little to no security in rail yards filled with this stuff. Imagine a terrorist of nut setting off a pipe bomb on a just one haz mat tank! And if your sitting at a rail crossing please don't pull right to the gate. I've hit 3 cars and have 1 fatality under my belt and i've only been here 4 yrs.
What the... wow how does it feel?
Yea its a train yard behind my house and a big stretch of  trains filled with stuff just sitting there for days. Its pitch black out there and kind of secluded . sometimes I be having the urge to blackmask up and go play peek a boo inside the compartments to see what i can make a comeup off. But too afraid of being shot or going to jail

Originally Posted by finnns2003

-The higher you climb, the crazier things get...I'll leave this one alone. I know how NT hate conspiracies even though its not.
-Backstage at the VMA's are so crazy. Grammy's too.
Touch more on these two, you gotta.
laugh.gif

-The higher i've gone, the more stories i've gotten. A friend of mine got turned down my some record label (forgot the name) down south because he wasn't gay. The record label literally wanted to have sex with him and suck his
sick.gif
...This also happened to an up and coming artist out here that I know of (don't really know him, but word spreads quick) with a sub division of atlanic. And its crazy, because when I first got started in this, I had no clue how ayo this industry was.
-And things are...Chaotic to say the least. I'm not in the loop as far as other genre's go, so I don't know a bunch of other artist besides hiphop but these two white chicks (Don't know if they were artist or not) got into a shouting match/almost a fight over a dress/shoes. This happened while the show was taping

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

-Googlers do not pay for anything, and when I say anything I mean anything, from food to cellphones
-5 star chefs come to the Google Restaurants and prepare meals according to the theme (e.g chinese, jamaican, etc)
-theres a special internal google search system called "Moma", Google as a whole cannot operate without it, it contains every single drop of google info, you wont find anything on Moma if you google it

I can go on for days lol
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
HOW

I going to go ahead and call BS on this.  If that was true Google would be pulling in close to a billion dollars daily.  No way in hell that is true.  Maybe 14 cents, but even that seems high.

I said the same thing bro, this is why Google has been the number 1 fortune 500 company for years, that number came from Schmidt 's mouth himself in a conference, but you gotta realize, they have over 100 offices worldwide to keep up with, and every facility is the same with the perks, scooters, chefs and etc. So 14$ is definitely hard to believe but not farfetched.. 
Starting salary for an engineer out of college is close to 100k, I've seen sales, media and advertising and engineers W2's lol, they'll show you happily.But in hindsight it is a very demanding place to work, its hard to focus when you have game rooms with 360, ps3, Wii etc, Microkitchens that are equipped with all types of snacks from m&m's to red velvet cake , from water to naked smoothies, indoor gyms, basketball courts, massage rooms, quiet rooms, personal elevators, free Google clothes etcGooglers are the first to have any Android phone.

When the g1 and my touch first released, I had it on my desk about a month before releaseAmongst all of these perks, they'll fire you in a minute, no if Ands or buts, no one really works for Google for more than a year or 2, why? I dunno, people get stressed out, vps always all over you, no room for error, there are no write ups, you mess up, your fired, that simple.Good thing about it is you get to keep everything and most of all, its on your resume..

how can you get a job at google? to be honest, go to school, or just know the right people. People think you have to be a "googler" to get a job at google. Theres jobs in there that dont require an outlandish degree or insane credentials and they still pay good, great actually
laugh.gif

i still email my ex-coworkers time to time and i still reap SOME benefits from working there, but all in all its a great place to work, the people you meet the connections you make are endless
What did u do to get fired, if you don't mind me asking
nerd.gif

Man I am highly connected to music industry and I know everything about it ins and out.

The music industry is all interconnected. All of them down to the attorneys. You can even get a appointment with interscope unless you hire one of their attorneys. Check:
UMPG SUBMISSIONS POLICY

Universal Music Publishing Group policy does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, sound recordings, or any other materials. Our policy is to return all such materials unopened. In the event that your package is inadvertently opened by a member of our staff, we will not examine or review the material before returning it to you. If you are interested in having your material reviewed by UMPG creative staff, please establish a relationship with an attorney, manager, or record company executive with whom we have an ongoing business relationship. If you are a new or beginning writer, we suggest that you contact one of the following organizations may be able to help you identify additional opportunities:

There all interconnected all the music induistry is and they all invest in other side business with each other businesses.

Rappers dont make much at all. Peanuts. its funny how people think they have so much money. We probably have more free money then them.. If a artist do a show for say 125k, 20-25% of that going to manager, 20-25% going to taxes and maybe 10-15% kickback to record label. that doesnt leave to much for the artist... Also most artist only makes less then a $1 per cd. The more they sell the higher they get paid per cd. Its like in steps. Go gold then get $1.50 per cd go plat then get $2.50 per cd and so on...

The music industry is dirty. its really not worth getting into if your a rapper.

Also the music industry owns the radio stations so to speak, they control what is played and what not is played and when. I think its called BBDS. You have to pay like 20k for like maybe 40 spins on radio..Something like that.

I could go on and on. I know alot.   Best thing to do if you want to break into music biz first thing is to cop Attorney Joel A. Katz which is 10k retainer. You cant even talk to record companies without him and he is connected.

when you ship something with fedex, ups, or usps make sure you have a good sturdy box, and inside the box wrap it up with something that won't let water through it.
your package may not contain water but the box right next to it might have some. i've seen thousands of boxes being crushed like they were accordions and many more damaged because of the water/chemicals they have spilled on other boxes
also don't get mad at the drivers when they are giving you a package and it's obviously damaged, they just mail the packages, they don't load them. i know they prolly take a lot of heat for that
tired.gif

sometimes it's human error, and sometimes your box is between 2, 50+ pound boxes rolling down a shoot.

I can go on for days lol
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
HOW

Would you have a link to the Schmidt interview where he says this? I just find it hard to believe as well.
As for the Google intranet. Not really tough to find (some) info on it. 

Like this from '07 ...

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Man I am highly connected to music industry and I know everything about it ins and out.

The music industry is all interconnected. All of them down to the attorneys. You can even get a appointment with interscope unless you hire one of their attorneys. Check:
UMPG SUBMISSIONS POLICY

Universal Music Publishing Group policy does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, sound recordings, or any other materials. Our policy is to return all such materials unopened. In the event that your package is inadvertently opened by a member of our staff, we will not examine or review the material before returning it to you. If you are interested in having your material reviewed by UMPG creative staff, please establish a relationship with an attorney, manager, or record company executive with whom we have an ongoing business relationship. If you are a new or beginning writer, we suggest that you contact one of the following organizations may be able to help you identify additional opportunities:

There all interconnected all the music induistry is and they all invest in other side business with each other businesses.

Rappers dont make much at all. Peanuts. its funny how people think they have so much money. We probably have more free money then them.. If a artist do a show for say 125k, 20-25% of that going to manager, 20-25% going to taxes and maybe 10-15% kickback to record label. that doesnt leave to much for the artist... Also most artist only makes less then a $1 per cd. The more they sell the higher they get paid per cd. Its like in steps. Go gold then get $1.50 per cd go plat then get $2.50 per cd and so on...

The music industry is dirty. its really not worth getting into if your a rapper.

Also the music industry owns the radio stations so to speak, they control what is played and what not is played and when. I think its called BBDS. You have to pay like 20k for like maybe 40 spins on radio..Something like that.

I could go on and on. I know alot.   Best thing to do if you want to break into music biz first thing is to cop Attorney Joel A. Katz which is 10k retainer. You cant even talk to record companies without him and he is connected.

This. I be trying to tell these folks man. Labels/"higher ups" as my boy calls them pay for radio spins, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. Dudes be Infitrating the game with money.

Let's see then, some random facts/observances from my "job" (I don't consider this a job). Sorry if anyone knows this

-Almost all of the "Celebrity Hollywood" parties have coke,x, etc.
-The industry is Blackballing DMX right now and some of this stuff he is being accused of he really did not do
-Jews really are powerful in not just music, but hollywood.
-Trey Songz is Bi a dope individual...So is J.Cole. Mad Chill people
-Nicki Minaj is actually the stud n't into this wig/outrageous outfits that they have her in
-Higher ups have parties where they intentionally hire gay men, screw them and have swinger parties
-Some of tupac's dead songs aren't done by him, they are done by someone else and they just use his voice ?
-Drake has used so much money to break into the game.
-Selling your soul in the industry isn't "Selling your morals." It's literally selling your soul
 The only reason why they signed you, is so they can have control of your buzz or your single that was buzzing at the time

Originally Posted by 430AM

Ticket writer at a Sportsbook in Las Vegas:

- The sportsbooks do NOT know any inside info on games, We pretty much hoped for 50% action on both sides so we can walk away with the juice.
thats a god damn lie.....and you're a ticketwriter not a line maker so of course you wouldn't know %!@% about that 

I work in IT for a local housing authority....MOST people keep their passwords to login written down near their desk. SMH

Originally Posted by crobers 78

-Nicki Minaj is actually the stud n't into this wig/outrageous outfits that they have her in
-Higher ups have parties where they intentionally hire gay men, screw them and have swinger parties
-Some of tupac's dead songs aren't done by him, they are done by someone else and they just use his voice ?
 The only reason why they signed you, is so they can have control of your buzz or your single that was buzzing at the time

J.Cole is a dope dude...Well from my perspective
And trey is bi?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nicki is a stud?
eek.gif

And that selling your soul man is serious business

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

But with regard to working IT for the Government, more particularly the US Army, all the stuff you'd expect is true i.e I can watch your computer, go in your pictures folder and take stuff out without you noticing, etc.
would like more information on stuff like this ...

how do you determine which computers to look at? can you go into myspace, facebook, twitter etc... ?

i dont really care in the grand scheme of things as i dont have anything to hide, but i'd like to know how it works just for my own personal knowledge ...
Well, it's broken down using active directory and policy servers, a general AGM ghost image we put on every machine before adding it to the domain  (it's basically Vista Business edition with some other programs the D.O.D (Department of Defense- Army,Navy,Marines, etc.) use a lot like PureEdge and Lotus for signing documents via CAC, Microsoft Office because the mail is on Exchange server, and all of your flash and Java type things preinstalled because users don't have admin rights.

So back to A.D's. There's D.O.I.M which is Department of Info Management which are the highest level. They have full admin rights to all computers under them so if you want at Ft Drum or Ft Knox DOIM, you have full rights including the local password that each computer picks up once added to the domain. Between the image and the policy server pushing updates for security and software, it's all made to be as self contained as possible, but they have TONS of problems and that's where local IASO (Information Assurance Security Officers) come into play which is what I am.

You work for say 4-14 Field Artillery Unit as an IASO, then you get admin rights via a special CAC card to all of their machines in that A.D. Plus, we have to exist to do the touch labor like installing printers, program troubleshooting (tons of it, %!*! just messes up for no reason), do some hardware like fixing and installing printers, making and running cables, pretty much everything that someone needs to be on site to do. So every computer in 4-14 I can get in and do stuff with. As for how I know the computers in the domain, I can look in AD and see them all that way or the fact the IASOs are the ones who get the new computers and image them, name them, then add them to domain so say I think Sgt Christoph is doing something he shouldn;t, I can check into his history or just use Dameware (which is the primary program I use, prefer it to windows Active Directory tools, it also costs 800$ per license), put in his computer name or IP, and look. But they have a server side firewall that blocks most of the internet by category, so that's not a huge issue plus it's not my job anyways. There is an IA division at DOIM who that is particularly their job, to monitor browsing habits and sites that negatively impact the security of the network/domain.

It's probably the same or similar infrastructure practices to what you'd see in an office building, or anywhere with a large number of employees and computers but with the Military because security is paramount of importance, there are a lot of things set into practicew that make that top priority, many times at the sacrifice of functionality and things that would normally be easy to do, aren't. For example, mass storage devices are disabled so no thumb drives and portable hard drives so we burn through TONS of blank cds. It's such a waste. Emailing to each other, would normally work but .army.mil exchange limits messages to under 4mb, plus your whole mailbox is like 20mb IIRC.

I guess I covered everything. It's pretty simple, but not as simple as it'd seem. Like I don't just sit around and do simple %!*! like installing printers all day and adding exchange mail accounts to Blackberrys because users don't have rights. I'd say the most annoying thing we do is fixing stuff that the policy server messed up because you have to go to every computer and get it done by a certain amount of time, or the computer falls off the domain and the user can't use it anymore until you add it back. To add it back you have to get the Ghost disc and boot to the Ghost server, which formats the hard drive, so you have to switch the hard drive out first then image it, then you can use the hard drive as a mass drive before it goes on the domain (that's when the no usb policy is applied) and put their stuff back, add it to the domain via DOIM because they took away our rights to do that by ourselves for some reason, and then the user has to log in because it creates a folder in C:\Users, then you drop their stuff back into it's appropriate location. Again, in a normal computing environment that might take 20 minutes, but since we have to put in the work order to DOIM to add the computer back through their technicians, it can take up to a matter of days before they get to it.

It sucks really, because we would be better at our jobs without them, but they have to exist and keep such a tight reign on things because of the sensitivity of Military information as you see with the Wikileaks situation

shoeking2101 wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

And trey is bi?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nicki is a stud?
eek.gif

True indeed but most folks on here refuse to believe  
30t6p3b.gif

Sheeps want to say "well why cant Jay Z just be super successful, overly accessible/relevant and dumb rich just on GP because he is a hard worker"
laugh.gif
 naw it don't work that way fam!

shoeking2101 wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

And trey is bi?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nicki is a stud?
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Sheeps want to say "well why cant Jay Z just be super successful, overly accessible/relevant and dumb rich just on GP because he is a hard worker"
laugh.gif

Man I'm saying smh...like I hear that stuff about selling your soul come from dude's mouths who are knee deep in the industry.

peanuts are not the cheapest form of packing materials
ups stores/fedex kinkos mark up peanuts 500%

airbags shouldn't be used for cushioning

(i sell paper based protective packaging)

shoeking2101 wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

And trey is bi?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nicki is a stud?
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Dog, enough beating around the bush...spill it ALLLLL...elaborate son...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I want the details. We talking blood sacrifices here? Virgin sacrifices? Is there some real supernatural ishhh going on? Are talking using hollywood and/or the music industry to harvest souls for some grand war?...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Also how is it that folks like you in the biz can know so much and yet there are no ramifications (not that I'd wish anything bad on you)?

@Napoleon PR/marketing is my 9-5, I have a side business that focused primarily on jewelry production for artists, brands, etc

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

shoeking2101 wrote:

shoeking2101 wrote:

And trey is bi?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nicki is a stud?
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Elaborate mutha____...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Like I want the details. We talking blood sacrifices here? Virgin sacrifices? Is there some real supernatural ishhh going on? Are talking using hollywood and/or the music industry to harvest souls for some grand war?...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Also how is it that folks like you in the biz can know so much and yet there are no ramifications (not that I'd wish anything bad on you)?

I'm that "Quiet guy in the corner of the room that knows everything" so to speak. When you try and break someone new in the game, you get exposed to all of this. If I were to say, actually hold a position in a record label or something, then saying all this would be bad. Also, it isn't like Music people are checking NT for "Spies" anyway. I just came across this stuff as I was (and still am) trying to break some of my friends in the industry.

And as far as selling your soul, I've been told stories by a friends of mine who made his rounds in the music industry as an exec about artist (He didn't tell me who) who literally go up to Atlantic, Def Jam, etc. and go into these rooms that are locked off. What happens in there after it is locked off he said was stuff he couldn't even speak about, and it actually made him get closer to god. I always ask him to tell me more, but he always refrains. Man I'm telling you how serious I am with this. No Joke. And it isn't the underground/buzzing artist who go into these rooms, its those guys who are on the cusp, and are just about to become household names. I was so skeptical when I heard this, as most of yall will be when yall read this. But hey, just sharing my experiences.

-The higher i've gone, the more�stories i've gotten.�A friend of mine got turned down my some record label (forgot the name)�down south because he wasn't gay. The record label�literally wanted to have sex�with him and suck his
sick.gif
...This also happened to an�up and coming artist�out here that I know of (don't really know him, but word spreads quick) with a�sub division�of atlanic.�And its�crazy,�because when I first got started in this, I�had no clue�how ayo this industry was.

-Higher ups have parties where they intentionally hire gay men�
Hold up... is this in the hip hop industry?
And what do you mean by "Higher ups"?
Examples?

That 1st story is disgusting.
And Honestly, I couldn't help but think of this when I read what you typed.

BTW Shoeking, do you believe the illuminati videos on youtube? Because a lot of the ++#% that you're talking about they talk about too.

92TiLLiNFINitY wrote:
shoeking2101 wrote:
-The higher i've gone, the more�stories i've gotten.�A friend of mine got turned down my some record label (forgot the name)�down south because he wasn't gay. The record label�literally wanted to have sex�with him and suck his
sick.gif
...This also happened to an�up and coming artist�out here that I know of (don't really know him, but word spreads quick) with a�sub division�of atlanic.�And its�crazy,�because when I first got started in this, I�had no clue�how ayo this industry was.

-Higher ups have parties where they intentionally hire gay men�

Hold up... is this in the hip hop industry?
And what do you mean by "Higher ups"?
Examples?

That 1st story is disgusting.
And Honestly, I couldn't help but think of this when I read what you typed.

BTW Shoeking, do you believe the illuminati videos on youtube? Because a lot of the ++#% that you're talking about they talk about too.
Movies, songs, and videos come from real life stuff that has been done or iscurrently happening...real talk. *nothing new under theHorus oops i meant the Sun*
wink.gif

-Little Ceasers doesn't drug test, I used to smoke with my manager every day
-Employees get to take home the pizzas every night
-The pizzas are frozen.
That's really it, probably the craziest thing I heard was that one of my old co-workers that got fired knew damn near everything about where the money is kept overnight and he schemed up an idea to rob the place blind.
He failed horribly, he tried to come into the store after closing hours and when he got to the safe it was empty.
We didn't keep +$$% in the safe
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom