Post Something You Know That We Don't Because Of Your Job

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by Hugo

old job(car sales)-
-usually all used car dealership get their cars from a auction.
-we reset the check engine light so it would be off when you buy it.
- we never have "a sale"

new job(maintenance)-
-if we in a bad mood and see restroom all dirty, we use the same rag to clean alll the toilets.
30t6p3b.gif

the used car one doesnt surprise me at all

eyes.gif

-All the "jewelers" on ebay selling those brickaquad chains, sponge bob chains, rocafella chains, etc etc all that *!!+ cost less then $2 to buy and can be found very easily to buy wholesale
-There is a certain Big West Coast rapper who is on a european tour right now, he is throwing out chains to his audience that I made for him ;-)
-There are tons of girls on video shoots, everywhere, and very willing to do anything to get in a video
-All the jewelry you see in Macys, etc made by Calvin Klein, betsey johnson, etc are made for insanely low prices, nothing basically, accept the real diamond stuff of course

-damn near 95% of all articles in magazines and blogs were pitched by a PR person
-Gap Markdowns are taken every Wednesday, threw a Nationwide computer, use to work there wayyy back in the day, I was getting jeans for $4.99, etc
-Retail business is insane, even when stuff goes on super super clearance they are still breaking even

follow me @rocspebbles

i remember this thread from awhile back, its probably been said before but;

hotels:
they rarely change the comforter. that **%! disturbed me alot. they pretty much only change it if there is a noticeable stain.
sometimes if the previous guests didn't move around too much on/in the bed, they will just neat it back up with out changing the sheets.
the linen (pillow cases, towels, etc), get dropped on the floor/ground all the time.... still will go to ur room.
the coffee mugs and/or glasses may look clean, but them things most likely got germs for days crawlin all over them.
the housekeepers would and will steal your **%!. i really never understood the whole maid service. whenever i go to hotels i always put the do not disturb sign.
oh yeah reminds me whether or not u got that sign on there, if they feel like it they'll go right in there

the front desk ppl could either be complete %@@*!%$! behind doors, or the friendliest ppl both ways.

after working at that hotel and getting the insight on how everything works, i've never looked at hotels the same again.
sick.gif

although it wasn't a fancy super expensive 5 star resort, i'm pretty sure most hotels operate similar.

laugh.gif
at the FedEx one. Man, I will try to be careful with ordering fragile things online. Already had a MacBook Pro come to the house with a busted hard drive once, probably from being punted around.

Former Google NYC Employee

-one of the best places to work in the world
-we get around the facility using scooters (vp's and managers have segways)
-ive personally met Eric Schmidt (ceo) and larry and sergey (founders)
-Googlers do not pay for anything, and when I say anything I mean anything, from food to cellphones
-the NYC office is the second biggest next to mountainview
-there is nothing outside or in the lobby of the building that says "Google"
-5 star chefs come to the Google Restaurants and prepare meals according to the theme (e.g chinese, jamaican, etc)
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are free of charge, buffet style
-theres a special internal google search system called "Moma", Google as a whole cannot operate without it, it contains every single drop of google info, you wont find anything on Moma if you google it
-fun fact: Google gets 14$ for each Google and youtube search, insane

I can go on for days lol

Originally Posted by stand4something

-Googlers do not pay for anything, and when I say anything I mean anything, from food to cellphones
-5 star chefs come to the Google Restaurants and prepare meals according to the theme (e.g chinese, jamaican, etc)
-theres a special internal google search system called "Moma", Google as a whole cannot operate without it, it contains every single drop of google info, you wont find anything on Moma if you google it

I can go on for days lol

smokin.gif
What kind of degree do you need to work at google?

Originally Posted by Il

I can go on for days lol

smokin.gif
What kind of degree do you need to work at google?

my boy is one of those chefs... he has no degree.

2 other of my friends, do the e-books, they have no degrees
(they stand at a scanner copying books for e-books, for 8 hours each page has to be scanned...)

I was a facilities assistant, gphones, google credit card distribution, office moves/transfers, logistics etc.

We were outsourced, the requirements to actually be a Google Employee are nuts, but as vendors we recieved full benefits and perks from Google

if you want to be on google street view, make sure the car see's you from 10am to 3pm. otherwise youre just making a fool of yourself.

finnns2003 wrote:
laugh.gif
at the FedEx one. Man, I will try to be careful with ordering fragile things online. Already had a MacBook Pro come to the house with a busted hard drive once, probably from being punted around.
Yeah dawg laptops for sure get slung around and prob one of the most stolen commodities being shipped
30t6p3b.gif
 I remember when those Apple CPU's came out and fools was takin whole pallets of them joints
laugh.gif

I'm a radio personality.

All of the songs for the day are set.
Requests? Sure...I'll take them. We have to log a request sheet. Chances of playing anything outside of our playlist? Damn near zero unless a live DJ comes in and I wouldn't mind hearing the song. However, "live" mixes are usually CDs anyways.
Caller #16 or whatever as the winner can really be caller #1. Just whenever I decide to name a winner.
If I wanted someone I know to win tickets or whatever, I could just tell them to call and I would keep telling people they weren't the winning caller until I heard a friend's voice. Probably won't even bother doing that though.
Much of the day is prerecorded. After 7 pm today, not a body in the studio.
Local artists are desperate to get radio play. Money and relationships with the station talks...but only with the programming director. I'm just a voice.
Local artists have kids and randoms requesting their songs. It's not happening.

a true belon oyster is found in france in one specific region of the belon river.

Working on becoming a music manager and let me just say...This business is wild, ayoo, dirty, and shameful. The fact that I live in LA is helping me though.

All i can say is rules are meant to be broken
laugh.gif
No one gives a damn where i work.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by Sneakerhead14

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Oh and American Express Centurion Cards (Black Cards) are a pain in the %#% for card readers. but those things demand respect.
eek.gif
Don't they?? Them things got some weight on them.
Word. I remember spazzing the first time I held one. Things are a damn paperweight.  It's crazy, though. These dudes out here thinking they're stunting with their AMEX Gold and Platinum cards always come off  arrogant and act like pompous jackasses. Every dude who's had a Black card has been extremely humble and easy to talk to. Go figure.
That is the difference between new money and old money. 

I work at an ATT call center.

I try to explain the best things for customers but if they don't understand after repeating it 2 times they are done.
You act like a **** you are getting transferred.
You call in acting like you are in a hurry and talk non stop instead of letting me do my job so you can be on your way, I will purposefully start waisting more time as the call goes on.
People in Louisiana either talk with a cajun jargon or mumble like crazy, I swear I have no idea what they are saying 90% of the time.

Originally Posted by theNextPuff

-All the "jewelers" on ebay selling those brickaquad chains, sponge bob chains, rocafella chains, etc etc all that *!!+ cost less then $2 to buy and can be found very easily to buy wholesale
-There is a certain Big West Coast rapper who is on a european tour right now, he is throwing out chains to his audience that I made for him ;-)
-There are tons of girls on video shoots, everywhere, and very willing to do anything to get in a video
-All the jewelry you see in Macys, etc made by Calvin Klein, betsey johnson, etc are made for insanely low prices, nothing basically, accept the real diamond stuff of course

-damn near 95% of all articles in magazines and blogs were pitched by a PR person
-Gap Markdowns are taken every Wednesday, threw a Nationwide computer, use to work there wayyy back in the day, I was getting jeans for $4.99, etc
-Retail business is insane, even when stuff goes on super super clearance they are still breaking even

follow me @rocspebbles

What do you do?

I can go on for days lol

I'd care to hear what else you have to contribute.

Google is awesome to work for, but the big downside is that they make you work longer hours compared to other companies. Yeah, they have all the nice free food and other perks, but it's because they want their employees to stay longer. I also heard they don't pay as well as other high-tech companies. I'm from Silicon Valley and I live right next to Mtn. View so I know some people who work there, and also people who know people.
That being said, it's still a great place to work, just saying that there are downsides.

I interned at a big semiconductor equipment company here with engineering, the main thing I'll say is that every little detail of a product requires meticulous design reviews, cost analyses, lots of back and forth. Probably nothing groundbreaking though. Also, software engineers in the Bay Area are 70-80% Asian.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

KWIET ONE wrote:
If you think a stripper likes you, it's because she does. She also likes the last 20 guys she sat with.

Outside the HUGE markets like NYC, ATL, Vegas, etc. most strippers don't make THAT much money. There are exeptions to every rule, but generally, they may not be broke but they aren't balling out like some want you to believe.

My friends and I went to Vegas for the first time and hit up the Spearmint Rhino.
2 of them got dates with dancers.  This short, asian stripper was really into my friend.  Picked him up at the hotel in her brand new 350Z and drove him around.  They hooked up in our hotel room.  She was even calling him at the airport before we flew home.  Strippers are some crazy people but they tell the best partying/drug stories.  

SR is official in Vegas
pimp.gif
 bad ones all over the place in that joint n they stay cakin in their too because a lot of Athletes go in their in splurge like no tomorrow
indifferent.gif

--Text messaging is marked up big time. Like movie theatre popcorn.
--Sure your plan is unlimited and it seems worth it but if you dont have text, your charged about 15 cents for ONE.

--The actual cost is about 1/16 of a penny. Too lazy to do the math, but yeah....

Back
Top Bottom