Positive Male Influence Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerballin

Banned
We always show so much love for the mothers but a woman can't raise a man.  We need more men to be men and raise young males to have values, morals, standards, and most of all understand the difference between the sexes.  Things like self respect, self defense, confidence, and controlling your emotions are being lost in the shuffle.

Most good men teach by example and the better ones can verbally communicate to the younger generation to help them get on the right track.  Without the proper guidance masculine energy can be lost or allowed to run rampant.  There's a middle ground between doing the right things, being peaceful, and loving and being a savage, selfish, punk. 

In this day in age we see so many extremes and few actually understand the middle ground.  If you were fortunate enough to have this influence in your younger years be thankful.  Today we see so many lost males in the world.

A father, a uncle, a big brother, a coach, a teacher....etc.  Be thankful and also as you get older become a role model yourself and pass down the proper knowledge. 

Last edited:
^was gonna say I don't really have any male role models, but Pharrell is def one guy I admire.

However I don't think it's true that a woman can't raise a man.

I hate to say this but Furious Styles is easily the biggest role model in my life .My dad wasn't around alot to just guide me because he worked so much and had massive overtime so watching boys n the hood kinda taught me alot about being a young black man and being a man in general .Its pretty sad yo but honestly that was the best role model I could get man ain't too many Positive males in my area nor in my schools .Thanks Furious.

We always show so much love for the mothers but a woman can't raise a man.  We need more men to be men and raise young males to have values, morals, standards, and most of all understand the difference between the sexes.  Things like self respect, self defense, confidence, and controlling your emotions are being lost in the shuffle.

Most good men teach by example and the better ones can verbally communicate to the younger generation to help them get on the right track.  Without the proper guidance masculine energy can be lost or allowed to run rampant.  There's a middle ground between doing the right things, being peaceful, and loving and being a savage, selfish, punk. 

In this day in age we see so many extremes and few actually understand the middle ground.  If you were fortunate enough to have this influence in your younger years be thankful.  Today we see so many lost males in the world.

A father, a uncle, a big brother, a coach, a teacher....etc.  Be thankful and also as you get older become a role model yourself and pass down the proper knowledge. 

View media item 194609

do you know Pharrell? I'm talking about people directly in your life. Not celebs

Pharrell is someone we all pretty much know, and he puts himself out there for us to know, so I thought he would serve as a good example.

Someone from my personal life would definitely be my father.

I'm fairly certain that a woman can teach all of the above. 

My dad has always been my role model. He works hard and knew how to discpiline me and my siblings without us taking it the wrong way. I grew up poor but my dad made sure we had what we needed, which made me appriciate eveything in life.

As far as celebs, this

The responses in this thread prove that we need more positive real men and they are an endangered species.

Dudes posting Pharrell before their own fathers

Dudes replying about how a woman can do just as good

Dudes replying with fictional movie characters

Not one "My dad did a great job setting an example" or "Didn't have pops growing up but AAU coach and brothers showed me the way" yet

mean.gif
at society in 2013

Like I said I didn't have any real male role models ain't nobody sit up here and explain life to me bro I didn't have guidance like that I essentially raised myself damn near call it what you want.I didn't have no positive male role models in life .Everything I did and learned was on my own .I had to teach myself how to hoop ,how to talk to girls really everything yo.Moms couldn't do anything hell she could barely keep her marriage together dealing with a husband who worked out of town for years and only came home on the weekend .I had a loose group of people in my life like a few teachers who I talked to bit I didn't learn much and they were out my life pretty fast.Only time I recall some real father son time with my dad was when he took me to play catch 3 times other than that nope.Im sorry dude it is what it is.

I never really had either. I didn't grow up with my dad and my mom didn't do much either. Sometimes it's up to you to teach yourself the ways

Grandfather, 12th grade bio teacher, dad to a certain extent, cousins, brother& uncles

Ima make sure not to fail them

If I didn't have my grandfather I'd most likely be getting into trouble or doing some stupid **** to let everyone in my family down.

I'd also like to thank my dad, uncles, godfather, and the guy who did a program for kids around the community for keeping me on the right track.

Last edited:
The responses in this thread prove that we need more positive real men and they are an endangered species.

Not one "My dad did a great job setting an example" or "Didn't have pops growing up but AAU coach and brothers showed me the way" yet

:smh: at society in 2013

You're definitely doing your part to help society out. Good job. Let me give you reps for this post.

Nobody in this thread or otherwise can come close to comparing to my father, and I don't care to voice why because what difference would it make? If I took lessons from Pharrell and applied them to my life to make me the positive peron that I am today, where is the failure? I'm glad you noticed it's 2013, but I'm not glad that you failed to notice that influence reaches far beyond your household or neighborhood in this new age. Method Man (administrator) is a positive male influence and he CAN be in 2013 because the world as is small as your computer screen and we can learn from SO many different sources than dad and coach.

Too bad you aren't aware.

Probably my cousin, but he didn't really do any direct mentoring. He just showed me the value of internships in college & I took that & ran with it.

Outside of that, didn't really have a positive male influence. I taught myself everything that you talked about in your OP.

:smh: at society in 2013

This is NT. Out of total of maybe 10, 15 replies, only about 2 are actually legit responses. Everyone else just tryna get a quick laugh out of it.

But to answer the question; I'm glad to have my dad, my older brother & my uncles (mainly my mother's brothers) make me into the hard working, dedicated, loyal person I am today…

Myself, and Pharrell. 

Everybody looks up to Pharrell. You just can't not do it. 

Last edited:
Probably my cousin, but he didn't really do any direct mentoring. He just showed me the value of internships in college & I took that & ran with it.

Outside of that, didn't really have a positive male influence. I taught myself everything that you talked about in your OP.

Im not saying pharrell isn't positive. I'm saying he can't teach you the things a father or somebody close to you can. Is that not hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom