police story from last night

Over 50% of the time when a car has drunk passengers, the driver drank too.

Reasonale Suspision

#ImJustSaying

Over 50% of the time when a car has drunk passengers, the driver drank too.

Reasonale Suspision

#ImJustSaying

OP did you have tint in the car you were driving or did you have an air freshner from your rearview mirror? If so you got pulled over for one of these infractions. I just stopped someone for not putting on his blinker when turning right just so happens he was driving on an expired license. Cmon Son!! P.S. Im a dc cop

OP did you have tint in the car you were driving or did you have an air freshner from your rearview mirror? If so you got pulled over for one of these infractions. I just stopped someone for not putting on his blinker when turning right just so happens he was driving on an expired license. Cmon Son!! P.S. Im a dc cop

Originally Posted by JuJu

they can say that because you all were intoxicated and all minorities they had a reasonable suspicion to believe that you might have weapons/and or be dangerous (another valid reason to search without consent).
Them being minorities while being intoxicated is reasonable cause? Does that also hold true for non minorities that happen to be intoxicated?  BTW what were they pulled over for? I am sure the cops should be able to tell you that much.

im black if it matters 
grin.gif

It definitely doesn't matter, your just like any person of any race that has the cops on speed dial.

they can say that because you all were intoxicated and all minorities they had a reasonable suspicion to believe that you might have weapons/and or be dangerous (another valid reason to search without consent).
Them being minorities while being intoxicated is reasonable cause? Does that also hold true for non minorities that happen to be intoxicated?  BTW what were they pulled over for? I am sure the cops should be able to tell you that much.

im black if it matters 
grin.gif

It definitely doesn't matter, your just like any person of any race that has the cops on speed dial.

That's rough.  Let me know when you get pulled over for 31 in a 25 and have a cop hold a gun on you while the other one throws a metal clipboard at you and says, "Just sign the ticket - unless you have a hard time spelling your name," and laughs.

That's rough.  Let me know when you get pulled over for 31 in a 25 and have a cop hold a gun on you while the other one throws a metal clipboard at you and says, "Just sign the ticket - unless you have a hard time spelling your name," and laughs.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Damn! i wouldve begged dude to shoot me just so he could get in trouble.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Damn! i wouldve begged dude to shoot me just so he could get in trouble.

lol@ all the dummies in this thread...

you don't have to give "consent" for them to search the car....you sounded like a dummy trying to sound like a law and order expert "hey you dont have consent!"

keep it moving. best way to deal with cops is to be polite, do what they ask, and don't be afraid to hold your ground if you think you are right (to a certain extent).

that is it.

lol@ all the dummies in this thread...

you don't have to give "consent" for them to search the car....you sounded like a dummy trying to sound like a law and order expert "hey you dont have consent!"

keep it moving. best way to deal with cops is to be polite, do what they ask, and don't be afraid to hold your ground if you think you are right (to a certain extent).

that is it.

lol @ thinking you have to give consent for them to search your car. its called a car search exception. when an officer lawfully pulls you over (say your boy simply ran over the lights in the road, BOOM probable cause of intoxication, especially if the area is a bar strip deal) they can search your entire car even the trunk for evidence of a crime they have probable cause to believe has been committed or is about to be committed. they will say because of his erratic driving we believed him to be intoxicated, because of this we searched the vehicle for evidence such as alcoholic beverages or alcoholic beverage containers (which they found justifying their search all the more) or they can say that because you all were intoxicated and all minorities they had a reasonable suspicion to believe that you might have weapons/and or be dangerous (another valid reason to search without consent). about the only thing you could complain about is if they arrested you and then searched the trunk cause that is a 4th amendment violation. but as mad as you want to be at the cops they did nothing wrong from what you said in your post...
im black if it matters 
grin.gif
the problem i have is the driver wasent drunk or swerving or anything. and yes the passengers were drunk, but we werent sloppy drunk or anything there was no way they would have known. and them finding the can came way after they were already searching the car

lol @ thinking you have to give consent for them to search your car. its called a car search exception. when an officer lawfully pulls you over (say your boy simply ran over the lights in the road, BOOM probable cause of intoxication, especially if the area is a bar strip deal) they can search your entire car even the trunk for evidence of a crime they have probable cause to believe has been committed or is about to be committed. they will say because of his erratic driving we believed him to be intoxicated, because of this we searched the vehicle for evidence such as alcoholic beverages or alcoholic beverage containers (which they found justifying their search all the more) or they can say that because you all were intoxicated and all minorities they had a reasonable suspicion to believe that you might have weapons/and or be dangerous (another valid reason to search without consent). about the only thing you could complain about is if they arrested you and then searched the trunk cause that is a 4th amendment violation. but as mad as you want to be at the cops they did nothing wrong from what you said in your post...
im black if it matters 
grin.gif
the problem i have is the driver wasent drunk or swerving or anything. and yes the passengers were drunk, but we werent sloppy drunk or anything there was no way they would have known. and them finding the can came way after they were already searching the car

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

im black if it matters 
grin.gif

well like i said if the cops saw them leave the parking lot of the club they would have reasonable suspicion to believe all of them might have been drinking and just wanted to make sure for safety of the road. OP said he was drunk, did he check the drives license plate to make sure his lil sticker on it wasn't expired? Does his buddy have tints on his car?  was EVERY passenger wearing a seat belts? these are all lil things that give police that reasonable suspicion foot in the door to lead to more searches. like i pull you over for a lil expired tag or  no seat belts and then i smell weed. boom im searching the WHOLE whip for weed.
i didn't say it was fair but yes intoxicated minorities can be a problem because the officer can use his experience to say that the males were intoxicated, and my EXPERIENCE has taught me that certain minorities feel threatened by police and feel persecuted and might act violently. sadly the level of suspicion to search for weapons to protect the officer from harm isn't as high as probable cause, so more often than not they conducted a simple search of the immediate grab area of the occupants  BEFORE arresting him to look for said weapons threats.
if he is in an all white town than yes he can say DRUNK people in general might be violent. all im doing is playing devils advocate and telling you how it really is. just like the other day i told a kid that the courts give the "criminals" the benefit of the doubt and say that running from the police is not enough to give them probable cause to search you beyond a weapons search which means i can see a cop run and he catches me and im better off leaving the crack in my pocket because now unless he feels a obvious WEAPON on his terry stop he can't go in my pockets. most dudes make the mistake of dumping the drugs to be picked up by the officer free of any 4th amendment violation because the person has now given up their reasonable expectation of privacy.

and i def dont have the police speed dial im just in law school and have learned over the last two years to take any emotion out of it. thats why i threw in the black part because i didnt want some people completely disregarding what i said because they think im some rich white kid whose dad is a cop. cause thats what NT usually jumps too the moment you dont join in on the #%@# the police rabble rabble...

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

im black if it matters 
grin.gif

well like i said if the cops saw them leave the parking lot of the club they would have reasonable suspicion to believe all of them might have been drinking and just wanted to make sure for safety of the road. OP said he was drunk, did he check the drives license plate to make sure his lil sticker on it wasn't expired? Does his buddy have tints on his car?  was EVERY passenger wearing a seat belts? these are all lil things that give police that reasonable suspicion foot in the door to lead to more searches. like i pull you over for a lil expired tag or  no seat belts and then i smell weed. boom im searching the WHOLE whip for weed.
i didn't say it was fair but yes intoxicated minorities can be a problem because the officer can use his experience to say that the males were intoxicated, and my EXPERIENCE has taught me that certain minorities feel threatened by police and feel persecuted and might act violently. sadly the level of suspicion to search for weapons to protect the officer from harm isn't as high as probable cause, so more often than not they conducted a simple search of the immediate grab area of the occupants  BEFORE arresting him to look for said weapons threats.
if he is in an all white town than yes he can say DRUNK people in general might be violent. all im doing is playing devils advocate and telling you how it really is. just like the other day i told a kid that the courts give the "criminals" the benefit of the doubt and say that running from the police is not enough to give them probable cause to search you beyond a weapons search which means i can see a cop run and he catches me and im better off leaving the crack in my pocket because now unless he feels a obvious WEAPON on his terry stop he can't go in my pockets. most dudes make the mistake of dumping the drugs to be picked up by the officer free of any 4th amendment violation because the person has now given up their reasonable expectation of privacy.

and i def dont have the police speed dial im just in law school and have learned over the last two years to take any emotion out of it. thats why i threw in the black part because i didnt want some people completely disregarding what i said because they think im some rich white kid whose dad is a cop. cause thats what NT usually jumps too the moment you dont join in on the #%@# the police rabble rabble...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

You should have taken both their badge numbers and told them you will file a complaint against them, not that it would even matter, but at least it shows them you know your rights, I thought the only way you could get cuffed is under arrest, sounds like they just did it to shut you up...SMH.

This. and i dont think you have to be cuffed to be under arrest. if the cops are outnumbered...they will cuff everyone to ensure their safety. they let him go so his complaint probably wont get far.

LAPD sucks btw

Originally Posted by ksteezy

You should have taken both their badge numbers and told them you will file a complaint against them, not that it would even matter, but at least it shows them you know your rights, I thought the only way you could get cuffed is under arrest, sounds like they just did it to shut you up...SMH.

This. and i dont think you have to be cuffed to be under arrest. if the cops are outnumbered...they will cuff everyone to ensure their safety. they let him go so his complaint probably wont get far.

LAPD sucks btw

Back
Top Bottom