Please lock.

Too much homerism on both sides
nerd.gif

not that into boxing and admittedly only watch the big name PPVs, but how does one go about scoring a fight? is it a subjective scoring? or are there kind of parameters and criteria to score points?

would like to try and score independently

This video is a little long but shows Pacquaio missing a bunch of shots that his biggest fan, Jim Lampley, was calling 'landed.'

This video is a little long but shows Pacquaio missing a bunch of shots that his biggest fan, Jim Lampley, was calling 'landed.'

That was a dope vid. Shows HBOs bias for pacquiao. However TB did not win that fight even though it was close.

You can probably count on one hand the number of people who actually believe Bradley won the first fight :lol:.

Having said that, I'm seriously considering putting money on Bradley for this fight.

I'm going to watch the fight again. But from what I recall, Pacquiao did more damage throughout the fight. However, some believe that Bradley won some rounds mostly due to Pacquiao taking breaks in the rounds.

not that into boxing and admittedly only watch the big name PPVs, but how does one go about scoring a fight? is it a subjective scoring? or are there kind of parameters and criteria to score points?

Sometimes I watch fights on mute due to crowd and announcer bias', but as far as scoring goes, judges factor in ring generalship, punch output, who's landing the cleaner and more effective blows, defense and who is controlling the fight overall.  

If Fighter (A) outboxes Fighter (B) then you score the round 10-9 for (A).

If Fighter (A) knocks down fighter (B) one time then you score the round 10-8 for (A).  If Fighter (A) knocks down Fighter (B) two times then you score the round 10-7 for Fighter (A), etc.

If Fighter (A) is deducted a point then you score the round 10-9 in favor of Fighter (B).

In the rare instance that you feel neither fighter won a particular round you score it 10-10.

After the fight concludes, tally up each fighters' points and score the bout.

If he built that stadium that he said he needed for the Mayweather fight then he could put up the banners he wanted

If i were going to put money on this fight (which i still might) i think you put it on bradley. I think he has a good chance to win but his line right now is +185.....not tempting enough

If i were going to put money on this fight (which i still might) i think you put it on bradley. I think he has a good chance to win but his line right now is +185.....not tempting enough

Throwing some on the draw +2100. Almost foolish to not give it a shot IMO.

the site i use doesn't offer draw as a bet option :smh: but the over under right now is 9.5 rounds. The over is -350...thinking about that too :lol:

the site i use doesn't offer draw as a bet option :smh: but the over under right now is 9.5 rounds. The over is -350...thinking about that too :lol:

Which site are you using?

topbet

only because im already registered if anyone has better sites let me know def down to try it out

Sometimes I watch fights on mute due to crowd and announcer bias', but as far as scoring goes, judges factor in ring generalship, punch output, who's landing the cleaner and more effective blows, defense and who is controlling the fight overall.  

If Fighter (A) outboxes Fighter (B) then you score the round 10-9 for (A).
If Fighter (A) knocks down fighter (B) one time then you score the round 10-8 for (A).  If Fighter (A) knocks down Fighter (B) two times then you score the round 10-7 for Fighter (A), etc.
If Fighter (A) is deducted a point then you score the round 10-9 in favor of Fighter (B).
In the rare instance that you feel neither fighter won a particular round you score it 10-10.

After the fight concludes, tally up each fighters' points and score the bout.

cool. i'll try to keep this in mind when i watch the fight this weekend.

Im familiar with football betting and other similar sports, but how do these lines work in boxing? Like where does a -350 come from? Im lost. :\

Im familiar with football betting and other similar sports, but how do these lines work in boxing? Like where does a -350 come from? Im lost. :\

-350 means you put up 350 to win 100.

+200 means you put up 100 to win 200.

In both situations, you get back what you threw in initially plus the winnings.

Finally watching 24/7 and I have to say I chuckled when Bradley said he would KO Pacquiao.

Both of these dudes are pretty funny.

Manny's entourage is out of control, but he still looks lonely as eff. Sexy glamour shot of his wife on the wall was hilarious too.

I'll never understand Bradley being with his wife. This dude is a pro athlete in ridiculous condition and his wife is a white whale with a Biggie Smalls tongue. Is dude really that beta? And he made her his manager?

Some guys are just genuinely good dudes. Ironically, given his nickname, Chad Dawson is and so is Andre Ward. Making his wife his manager is not a good move, I think it's too complicated especially when raising a family full time also.

That's kind of a good question about his wife. I went to Vegas recently and seeing all of the dimes everywhere made me question what goes through TBs mind when he goes home to that wife.

Cheaper to keep her I guess. She would break him for half or more if he divorced her.

Back
Top Bottom