Please lock.

Dude still don't know the difference between running and boxing? 
mean.gif

Hopefully the NBC sports card from yesterday gets reaired or i can catch a replay.

I honestly don't know who wins Pac vs Bradley 2. I don't think Bradley has the power to put manny down so i am leaning toward manny getting the decision. I also think it makes sense for promoters. If you are never going to get manny vs floyd....im assuming you want manny to win this fight so you can try to set up the rubber match. But then again if manny wins this one everyone will basically say he beat bradley twice why have a 3rd.

I honestly don't see manny going for the knock out. But i don't see him coasting like he did in the first fight. I still think he has the hand speed to bother bradley. But bradley has seen the speed before so maybe he handles it better this time and can win another decision.

and consider me interested

So we might have Canelo-Lara on July 12th and then GGG-Chavez on July 19th? Interesting... #boxing
— Steve Kim (@stevemaxboxing) April 8, 2014

Last edited:
Fight is THIS weekend?
laugh.gif
Wouldn't even know it.

mean.gif
The undercard, as usual. Who really wants to see Jessie Vargas?!

On a side note, can some of y'all stop calling Canelo a fraud now?

Dude CALLED Trout out, called Floyd out, and now has called Lara out. That deserves a bit of credit, no?

Is there a way to buy the fight and watch it on an ipad? :nerd:

Ima be at work and I kinda want to watch it

Fight is THIS weekend? :lol: Wouldn't even know it.

:smh: The undercard, as usual. Who really wants to see Jessie Vargas?!

Dude CALLED Trout out, called Floyd out, and now has called Lara out. That deserves a bit of credit, no?

He didn't call out Lara. Matter fact he tried to clown Lara when he showed up at Canelo's post fight presser demanding a fight.

He didn't call out Lara. Matter fact he tried to clown Lara when he showed up at Canelo's post fight presser demanding a fight.

Didn't Canelo say that the only person that wanted to see him and Lara fight was Lara's manager?

Last edited:

Didn't Canelo say that the only person that wanted to see him and Lara fight was Lara's manager?

Lol yeah, so hearing the fight might happen now is surprising to me.

It was a clown move for Lara to show up like that anyway. Any fighter who does that and doesn't let the dude who JUST left the ring have his moment is acting like a clown IMO.

FWIW, here's the quote from Schaefer:

"When I met with Canelo last week, we discussed the date, the site and different opponents, and two of those have been resolved," Schaefer said. "Canelo feels very comfortable fighting at the MGM. So we have the date and venue locked in and then we had to look at opponents.

"Canelo made it clear that his first choice is Lara because a lot of people, fans and media, feel he would be afraid of fighting somebody with the skills of Erislandy Lara, the same way people thought he wouldn't fight Austin Trout. And you saw what happened."

And on making it a title fight:

Schaefer said that Alvarez-Lara would be contracted at the junior middleweight limit of 154 pounds, but that Alvarez does not want to fight for Lara's world title. Lara was recently elevated from an interim titlist to a full titlist, although Mayweather holds two of the major belts in the division while Lara (19-1-2, 12 KOs), a 30-year-old Cuban defector living in Houston, owns a secondary version.

"Canelo thinks Floyd is the champion. Floyd beat Canelo and Canelo thinks Floyd is the champion, so how can Lara be a champion," Schaefer said. "So Canelo doesn't want it for a title so it won't be a title fight, but if Lara wants to defend the title he can pay the sanction fees. But Canelo said he doesn't want to fight for the title."

Might not be the most exciting fight but you know GBP is gonna stack that undercard.

It was a clown move for Lara to show up like that anyway. Any fighter who does that and doesn't let the dude who JUST left the ring have his moment is acting like a clown IMO.

FWIW, here's the quote from Schaefer:

"When I met with Canelo last week, we discussed the date, the site and different opponents, and two of those have been resolved," Schaefer said. "Canelo feels very comfortable fighting at the MGM. So we have the date and venue locked in and then we had to look at opponents.

"Canelo made it clear that his first choice is Lara because a lot of people, fans and media, feel he would be afraid of fighting somebody with the skills of Erislandy Lara, the same way people thought he wouldn't fight Austin Trout. And you saw what happened."

And on making it a title fight:

Schaefer said that Alvarez-Lara would be contracted at the junior middleweight limit of 154 pounds, but that Alvarez does not want to fight for Lara's world title. Lara was recently elevated from an interim titlist to a full titlist, although Mayweather holds two of the major belts in the division while Lara (19-1-2, 12 KOs), a 30-year-old Cuban defector living in Houston, owns a secondary version.

"Canelo thinks Floyd is the champion. Floyd beat Canelo and Canelo thinks Floyd is the champion, so how can Lara be a champion," Schaefer said. "So Canelo doesn't want it for a title so it won't be a title fight, but if Lara wants to defend the title he can pay the sanction fees. But Canelo said he doesn't want to fight for the title."

Might not be the most exciting fight but you know GBP is gonna stack that undercard.

This.

Nobody can discredit Canelo at this point. If he fights Lara, his last 4 opponents will be Trout/Mayweather/Angulo/Lara. Can't say he's ducking anybody, it's nothing but tough fighters and the #1 P4P.

Last edited:
First time I watched pac vs bradley I thought pac won....then after reading a few articles about bradley's blocking most shots and how pac missed alot of shots I rewatched the fight and saw what they wrote and started scoring the match more closer but with pac still winning. Now today i watched some highlights on youtube and I was surprised at bradley speed and how he could keep up with pac untill he hurt his foot but then i notice people were talking about how close it really was cause pac missed alot but bradley's shots on pac wasnt enough to get him more rounds then pac.

First time I watched pac vs bradley I thought pac won....then after reading a few articles about bradley's blocking most shots and how pac missed alot of shots I rewatched the fight and saw what they wrote and started scoring the match more closer but with pac still winning. Now today i watched some highlights on youtube and I was surprised at bradley speed and how he could keep up with pac untill he hurt his foot but then i notice people were talking about how close it really was cause pac missed alot but bradley's shots on pac wasnt enough to get him more rounds then pac.

I've watched that fight 3 times, and I have no clue how people can score a lot of those rounds for Pac when he would stay inactive most of the round, then throw punches in flurries and punch air for most of the fight. I scored it like this

Round - Pacquiao/ Bradley
1 - 9 / 10
2 - 10 / 9
3 - 9 / 10
4 - 9 / 10
5 - 10 / 9
6 - 9 / 10
7 - 9 / 10
8 - 10 / 9
9 - 10 / 9
10 - 9 / 10
11 - 9 / 10
12 - 9 / 10

112 - 116 Bradley

^yeah that true pac wasnt very active from time to time and those flurries were barely hitting.

the fight really was more closer than what people though but its most likely cause the commentating by HBO and the pac sided crowd that made some of us think pac should have won. for this fight i feel like either of them can win and im not sure how its gonna go down so i have no predictions.

^yeah that true pac wasnt very active from time to time and those flurries were barely hitting.

the fight really was more closer than what people though but its most likely cause the commentating by HBO and the pac sided crowd that made some of us think pac should have won. for this fight i feel like either of them can win and im not sure how its gonna go down so i have no predictions.

With two healthy ankles, I got Bradley winning a split decision.

As a betting man my money is on Tim. He looked good in his last outing. As for pac, his beating he gave to rios wasn't that impressive. Lets see what happens...

Mr. Marcus, Dish or direct tv should have an app for the ipod. I know time warmer has one. But you u might need that wireless to get that stream. Unless u got that at work.

I think Pac bradly 1 was scrutinized to a point of where people were just trying to find out how anyone could have given it to bradley. So eveyrone watched the fight over and over saying "how did bradley get these rounds??" then said ok i can give him that round....and maybe that round.

But he landed nothing of concern the whole fight...pac landed the only material shots the whole fight. I am also a firm believer in you have to beat the champ to take his belt....Bradley did not do that by any stretch in my eyes. But that being said i think he stands a good chance this go around. He looked good agains marquez and has seen pacs speed before so we know he can handle it. But if Pac stays busy the whole fight....he wins easy. If he takes rounds off...or coasts near the end like he does...he could lose. I don't see anyone touching the canvas though...full 12

im not sure if its allowed so mods delete if necessary but anyone have a good website for betting on the fight?

Last edited:
I think Pac bradly 1 was scrutinized to a point of where people were just trying to find out how anyone could have given it to bradley. So eveyrone watched the fight over and over saying "how did bradley get these rounds??" then said ok i can give him that round....and maybe that round.

But he landed nothing of concern the whole fight...pac landed the only material shots the whole fight. I am also a firm believer in you have to beat the champ to take his belt....Bradley did not do that by any stretch in my eyes. But that being said i think he stands a good chance this go around. He looked good agains marquez and has seen pacs speed before so we know he can handle it. But if Pac stays busy the whole fight....he wins easy. If he takes rounds off...or coasts near the end like he does...he could lose. I don't see anyone touching the canvas though...full 12

im not sure if its allowed so mods delete if necessary but anyone have a good website for betting on the fight?

Here we go again with the "you have to beat the champ to take his belt" crap.

How does a fighter win a fight? By winning more rounds, period. You saying "you need to beat the champ" is telling me you're not scoring it by round but rather how you feel at the end of the fight.

Bradley outboxed Pacquiao the whole fight, and although he never landed any big shots, he landed, moved well, and had Pac punching air ALL fight.

The judges had it right.

Post your scorecard of the fight.

Last edited:

How does a fighter win a fight? By winning more rounds, period. You saying "you need to beat the champ" is telling me you're not scoring it by round but rather how you feel at the end of the fight.

Bradley outboxed Pacquiao the whole fight, and although he never landed any big shots, he landed, moved well, and had Pac punching air ALL fight.

The judges had it right.

I understand the other view point. But punches landed isn't the only thing that determines a winner. Thats what makes boxing subjective. Otherwise a computer would judge every fight and compu-box would tell you who won. When it comes to movement, aggression, ring generalship, and for lack of better word, pain inflicted...Pac was better IMHO

Last edited:

The judges had it right.

I understand the other view point. But punches landed isn't the only thing that determines a winner. Thats what makes boxing subjective. Otherwise a computer would judge every fight and compu-box would tell you who won. When it comes to movement, aggression, ring generalship, and for lack of better word, pain inflicted...Pac was better

You're really going to point to compubox stats? :lol:

I don't care what those punch stats show, because like you JUST said, they don't determine a winner. Not only that, compubox is known to count missed punches as landed, there's youtube videos on that. As far as aggression goes, aggression is only worth noting if it's effective. Effective aggression is how i score it, and Pac was not only taking most of the rounds off, but when he was aggressive it wasn't effective. The judges were right. There were no benefits to fixing the fight and scoring it for Bradley either.

Like I said, post your scorecard man.

Just curious, are you Filipino?

Last edited:
:lol: no i am not Filipino

It's cool man we can agree to disagree we aren't going to see it the same. I had the fight 116-112 on first watch (Pac)...then gave bradley one more round the second watch at 115-113 (Pac).

This has to be a record for most knockdowns in a fight. :smh:
Clottey is destroying Mundine.

Edit: Joshua Clottey UD12 Anthony Mundine 116-108, 115-109, 117-108

Last edited:
Bradley didn't outbox Pacquiao last year lol. It was a more competitive fight than a lot of people will make you believe, but I had Manny winning 8 rounds to 4.

With that being said; this Saturday night will be a completely different fight. Manny didn't look great against Rios, whereas Tim Bradley looked solid in his fight with Marquez. I expect Tim to show a lot of movement and try and bait Manny into recklessly coming forward. On the flipside, I think Manny will keep his foot on the gas for the entire fight. He coasted through the last few rounds in the first fight and it allowed Tim to score rounds by utilizing his movement and counter-punching. If Manny fights all twelve rounds with a sense of urgency and lands a high-volume of punches, he should get the nod via decision.

Back
Top Bottom