PHX SUNS @ Dallas Wednesday ESPN 7:30 MST

nash shooting... shades of a young kobe
laugh.gif

CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good game Suns. Always fun. Look forward to next meeting.

Nice how Nash missed everything but air on a wide open shot. Good stuff.

Dirk
pimp.gif

Devin
pimp.gif

a841627f55077678ecb8fb80c5f11925-getty-76076033gj011_suns_mavs.jpg

this pic is amazing lol.

good game. mavs and suns are always a fun matchup, except for the flopping.

nice airball steve!

this was a great, great, great, great game.. great win by the mavs...

amare and marion played excellent on d. Raja bell has been my biggest dissapointment this season. wait scratch that.. when are we going to trade boris diaw?

pimp.gif
I'm happy with Dirk's, J-Ho's, Jet's, and especially Harris' performance tonight. This was a very good game between these two teams asusual, and I won a bet.
laugh.gif

GO MAVS ALL THE DAMN WAY!
smokin.gif

Well, it was a great game. Unfortunately, Mike D'Antoni really blew this one for us.
I can't understand for the life of me why he continues to use Diaw as a 4/5. Wait, I can't figure out why D'Antoni uses Diaw at all.
The thing that really decided this game was the fact that D'Antoni insists on sticking to his rotation of taking Steve out at the end of the third quarterand keeping him out for the first 5 minutes of the fourth.
It doesn't matter what the game situation is, Steve will not be on the court to start the fourth quarter.
Most often what happens is that whatever lead the Suns have - or if they trail and are close - the other team either comes back or extends their lead...thenSteve comes in and has to play from behind.
We made a valient effort in making a comeback, but we can't get down by 12 to a quality opponent and then expect Steve to pull a victory out of his#%$%every night.
Stat was a beast down the stretch, but didn't show up in the first half.
Trix was Trix, and Steve was Steve.
Unfortunately, like in most of our losses this year, we didn't get much from anyone other than those three. Raja wasn't a factor, Hill didn't dotoo much, Barbosa did very little, and Diaw was his usual piece of trash self.

As I said after the San Antonio win, one regular season game doesn't mean too much.
Phoenix, San Antonio, and Dallas are very evenly matched...we really won't know who is the better team until the playoffs.

I just wish the Mavericks would get some more goddamn creditability, you never hear them discussed in predictions, but hey, we blew it last year so I guess wedeserve it.

Zo being sincere, good stuff, it was a hell of a game, just like every other damn Mavs/Suns Suns/Spurs Spurs/Mavs game.

Grant Hill is sick. I'm glad for him. Stoudamire is quickly getting exposed as the one dimensional player he's always been. Ahahaha. Good.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Stoudamire is quickly getting exposed as the one dimensional player he's always been. Ahahaha. Good.
If anything, Amare's defense down the stretch fueled the Suns comeback.

there is nothing the suns can do about playing diaw in the front court. the suns are thin there. the only thing they could do is maybe trade for someone orpick somebody off waivers down the road. i blame d antoni for that because it seems like hes gonna go with the just outscoring your opponents plan until hegets fired...

I'm very pleased with the dub even though we should have blew these dudes out.

Damp played well but I still wish Brandon could have gotten more clock because I feel he is the key to beating small ball teams in the playoffs.

These are the Mavericks I know and love these other dudes have been imposters.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I just wish the Mavericks would get some more goddamn creditability, you never hear them discussed in predictions, but hey, we blew it last year so I guess we deserve it.

Zo being sincere, good stuff, it was a hell of a game, just like every other damn Mavs/Suns Suns/Spurs Spurs/Mavs game.
We do better when we aren't expect to win.

NobleKane wrote:

there is nothing the suns can do about playing diaw in the front court. the suns are thin there. the only thing they could do is maybe trade for someone or pick somebody off waivers down the road. i blame d antoni for that because it seems like hes gonna go with the just outscoring your opponents plan until he gets fired...
That is true that they are thin in the frontcourt. The team has no true C on the roster. Amare is a natural 4, but does a great job at the 5 becausethe NBA is really lacking quality big men as a whole and he can dominate most slower centers.
Skinner is a 4 / 5 but he's only 6-9 so he's more of a 4 as well.
They could give Sean Marks 5-10 minutes / game. He hasn't played too badly when he's been in this year...the problem is that he's an awfuldefender.

The problem is that we have no true backup for Trix because he's playing the 4. We have our 4's playing the 5 spot, Matrix is a natural 3, but so areGrant Hill and Boris Diaw. What we need is a guy that can come in and be a true backup 4/5 like a Paul Millsap, Mikki Moore type of guy. However, those typesof guys don't really fit into the Suns run run run style, so we're stuck with Boris playing the 4/5 and getting beaten like a rented mule every night.

Ruben Patterson's available...LOL (although the Suns wouldn't want a guy once convicted of sexual assault)

also are the Pheonix Suns the biggest whinners and complainers in the league? how does d antoni NOT get a technical everytime he throws a fit? nash complains like a girl and amare throws a tantrum everytime he doesnt get a call... my god... just play the game
laugh.gif

they take after their coach...d'antoni=vagina...

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

NobleKane wrote:

there is nothing the suns can do about playing diaw in the front court. the suns are thin there. the only thing they could do is maybe trade for someone or pick somebody off waivers down the road. i blame d antoni for that because it seems like hes gonna go with the just outscoring your opponents plan until he gets fired...
That is true that they are thin in the frontcourt. The team has no true C on the roster. Amare is a natural 4, but does a great job at the 5 because the NBA is really lacking quality big men as a whole and he can dominate most slower centers.
They could give Sean Marks 5-10 minutes / game. He hasn't played too badly when he's been in this year...the problem is that he's an awful defender.

The problem is that we have no true backup for Trix because he's playing the 4. We have our 4's playing the 5 spot, Matrix is a natural 3, but so are Grant Hill and Boris Diaw. What we need is a guy that can come in and be a true backup 4/5 like a Paul Millsap, Mikki Moore type of guy. However, those types of guys don't really fit into the Suns run run run style, so we're stuck with Boris playing the 4/5 and getting beaten like a rented mule every night.

Ruben Patterson's available...LOL (although the Suns wouldn't want a guy once convicted of sexual assault)

Patterson is only 6-7 though, he wouldn't really help that much at the 4. Thomas worked well for you guys, and he wasn't really a runner type inyour system. Why wouldn't the Suns give PJ Brown a call? He's cheap, and a big body, hits 15 footers, not that bad a fit. It would only be 15-18minutes a night, wouldn't slow their game up that much. At least not that much more than Thomas did.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

NobleKane wrote:

That is true that they are thin in the frontcourt. The team has no true C on the roster. Amare is a natural 4, but does a great job at the 5 because the NBA is really lacking quality big men as a whole and he can dominate most slower centers.
They could give Sean Marks 5-10 minutes / game. He hasn't played too badly when he's been in this year...the problem is that he's an awful defender.

The problem is that we have no true backup for Trix because he's playing the 4. We have our 4's playing the 5 spot, Matrix is a natural 3, but so are Grant Hill and Boris Diaw. What we need is a guy that can come in and be a true backup 4/5 like a Paul Millsap, Mikki Moore type of guy. However, those types of guys don't really fit into the Suns run run run style, so we're stuck with Boris playing the 4/5 and getting beaten like a rented mule every night.

Patterson is only 6-7 though, he wouldn't really help that much at the 4. Thomas worked well for you guys, and he wasn't really a runner type in your system. Why wouldn't the Suns give PJ Brown a call? He's cheap, and a big body, hits 15 footers, not that bad a fit. It would only be 15-18 minutes a night, wouldn't slow their game up that much. At least not that much more than Thomas did.

I was joking about Patterson.
The Suns did try to get PJ Brown but he opted to stay retired. We wanted him before we signed Skinner.

Back
Top Bottom