*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Nvm just seen that he is starting again sunday. Welp....

Doug is stubborn just like Chip. Our receivers don't set the world on fire I know but being FORCED to run 2 tight ends sets because your RT can't block by himself supremely limits the playcalling. Everything we ran yesterday was as vanilla as it can get, you thought this last game was bad imagine what the Vikings defense will do :x

Nvm just seen that he is starting again sunday. Welp....
Doug is stubborn just like Chip. Our receivers don't set the world on fire I know but being FORCED to run 2 tight ends sets because your RT can't block by himself supremely limits the playcalling. Everything we ran yesterday was as vanilla as it can get, you thought this last game was bad imagine what the Vikings defense will do
sick.gif
really once ertz got back healthy, we should have been running a ton of 2 TEs sets anyways.. just because our lack of talent at WR and well ertz probably being our best receiving option.. really was surprised how much we were running out 3 WRs.. i mean i get Matthews is essentially a TE light, but still

but i don't get why vaitai seemed to be on his own THAT much yesterday.. celek or tobin should have been glued to dudes side.. unless the had full of snaps they slip celek out, but that's after you get something going (which didn't really happen)

Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 3h3 hours ago

Per @PFF: The Eagles' 11 missed tackles led the NFL in Week 6. Ron Brooks and Mychal Kendricks led PHI with two each.

Per @PFF: Allen Barbre was the only Eagles offensive lineman to not give up a pressure yesterday.

Per @PFF: Halapoulivaati Vaitai allowed two sacks, two hurries and one QB hit on 29 passing plays yesterday.

Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 7h7 hours ago

Tobin didn't get any snaps for the 1st time this year, while Celek had his season-low total (25%). Peters now at 5 games w/o missing a snap.

Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 17h17 hours ago

The Eagles have been called for a penalty on 13 percent of their plays (both sides of the ball).

Jason Kelce (6) and Jason Peters (5) lead the Eagles in penalties. Kelce had four holdings, while Peters has four false starts.

Nolan Carroll leads the Eagles' defense in penalties, with four pass interference calls against him.

Jason Kelce is tied for the league lead in holding calls (4), despite playing in one less game than most other teams.

Nolan Carroll is tied for the NFL-lead in defensive pass interference penalties (4), despite playing in one less game than most other teams

Jason Peters (4) has more false start penalties than anyone in the NFL. Also the only with with more than 2 who's played in just five games.

To summarize: An Eagle has the lead/is tied for the NFL lead in holdings, false starts & DPIs, despite playing 1 less game than most teams.

Josh Paunil@JoshPaunil 7h7 hours ago

Offensive and defensive snap counts for the Eagles against Washington:pic.twitter.com/CBVUjxeDUu

Cu9tEaJWcAApaxc.jpg

Cu9tFgiWcAACw-e.jpg

DGB needs more work. Doug looks bad, wasted a TO to punt expecting to get the ball back when your defense was allowing 7+ ypc. Come on playa

smh at all those tweets above, not surprised one bit. Jason Kelce gets bullied out there every week we gotta look for his replacement real soon. Know one player who is getting zero blame, Connor Barwin. Guy has practically been invisible all year, he doesn't fit this scheme at all

What if we put Wis on the OLine? Or would that mess with the chemistry with the line?

Kelce has been garbage the past couple seasons. I just don't trust Vaitai out there. I say give him 1 more week and if he doesn't improve slightly then we gotta move on from him.

Again, **** Lane Johnson.

Last edited:
What if we put Wis on the OLine? Or would that mess with the chemistry with the line?

Kelce has been garbage the past couple seasons. I just don't trust Vaitai out there. I say give him 1 more week and if he doesn't improve slightly then we gotta move on from him.

Again, **** Lane Johnson.

That one week is the vikes.. I ain't trying see wentz die

Y'all wanna revisit the trading for joe Thomas convo?

also, barwin is a luxury for us (considering what we are paying graham and curry.. and your 3rd DE is supposed to be a pure speed 3rd down pass rusher type) but he's still not an ideal fit in our defense.. which is why I think we need to maximize his value and move him

sproles being the only back we really use as a pass catcher, makes moving him a lil harder.. but that's why the coaches should have made more of an effort to get smallwood and barner involved in that role.. him being the only guy who has returned punts, also makes the move tough

what hurts now about the rowe move, is we could have legit went with a 4-2-5 as our primary defense and interchange between Nolan and rowe as the S/CB/LB hybrid

hopefully we get the 3rd rounder out of that deal

Last edited:
Y'all wanna revisit the trading for joe Thomas convo?

also, barwin is a luxury for us (considering what we are paying graham and curry.. and your 3rd DE is supposed to be a pure speed 3rd down pass rusher type) but he's still not an ideal fit in our defense.. which is why I think we need to maximize his value and move him

sproles being the only back we really use as a pass catcher, makes moving him a lil harder.. but that's why the coaches should have made more of an effort to get smallwood and barner involved in that role.. him being the only guy who has returned punts, also makes the move tough

what hurts now about the rowe move, is we could have legit went with a 4-2-5 as our primary defense and interchange between Nolan and rowe as the S/CB/LB hybrid

hopefully we get the 3rd rounder out of that deal

We only got a 4th out of the Rowe deal right ?

Sorry still not comfortable with giving up picks for a 30+ year old linemen. We are atleast 2-3 years away ..build through the draft

Last edited:
Sorry still not comfortable with giving up picks for a 30+ year old linemen. We are atleast 2-3 years away ..build through the draft

agree 100%

No need to plug holes, this team is already ahead of schedule because of Carson so let's continue to build the proper way

honestly, I see joe as a peters replacement for next year, hopefully/ultimately.. 2 years younger.. plus we get to keep wentz alive this year.. and then worse case we have lane insurance

we still need to draft a development tackle to be the long term RT.. but at least we don't have to go tackle in the 1st round, unless the right guy falls

but that's why I move the guys I've been suggesting, we stockpile picks

the great thing for us, the draft is going be deep at RB and could be deep at CB too depending on who comes out..

that could allow us to address couple things kinda quickly..

we can go possible WR in free agency (I guess we see what happens with Cleveland and pryor), Oline and CB (even if we sign a CB that wont stop us from going CB even in the 1st)

then after the first we could look at CB, RB, Oline, speed DE and/or LB.. also speed WR is strong possibility

biggest problem, supposedly it's not a great draft for Oline

if stoutland is hopefully still around, could see us signing warmack on the cheap and moving him back to LG (where he played in college) and trying barbre to right tackle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom