*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

All depends on the price..

All for unloading kendricks since his price tag.. barwin also fits that bill

Last edited:
Also Peters, Barwin, Kendricks and Mathews combine for 28M against the cap. If we find a way to move em in the off-season, we'd have money for Alshon as well as keeping Bennie

Mann I don't want to get my hopes up about this Alshon thing but I'd be ridiculously hyped if we pull it off. Would open our whole offense up and make everyone perform better. Having a legit threat on the outside would also make Carson's life 100X easier. I am worried about the cap ramifications it would have. I know we can move all those guys in the offseason but I'd prefer to keep one or two of them particularly Peters.

I think moving Ertz in the off season makes the most sense to sign Logan assuming we do get Alshon

I could see it, just because jmatt does so much of what he does

But if it's really only a 3rd or 4th, it doesn't really stop us from doing anything.. don't think we can extend.. but we get him in house, see how he gels with wentz and then control his rights in off season

We still could still go shopping for say Pryor and see how that situation goes, but we got alshon in house

Last edited:
Also Peters, Barwin, Kendricks and Mathews combine for 28M against the cap. If we find a way to move em in the off-season, we'd have money for Alshon as well as keeping Bennie

Add sproles to that list..

And celek (and maybe kelce) gotta restructure their deals.. and agholor better demonstrate something, cause he's still on a first round deal

And celek (and maybe kelce) gotta restructure their deals.. and agholor better demonstrate something, cause he's still on a first round deal

What's your reasoning behind moving Sproles ? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that . Dude is an all purpose back

What's your reasoning behind moving Sproles ? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that . Dude is an all purpose back

Not really.. he's a nice complementary back, because teams scramble to cover him whenever he motions out of the backfield.. and we lack playmakers

But he hasn't been that great of an actual runner these past 2 seasons outside of a game or 2.. and he has had some untimely drops this year

But really the money could be better spent elsewhere.. he's a 3rd down back and that's 33, but we don't know if Smallwood or barner can handle that role yet (also need someone to show they can handle the punt return role.. since we have Smallwood and huff on kick returns).. but the draft is extremely deep at RB, so we have the availability to be super cheap at that spot

Peters is far more valuable than anyone named in that group

Last edited:
I think moving Ertz in the off season makes the most sense to sign Logan assuming we do get Alshon

I could see it, just because jmatt does so much of what he does

But if it's really only a 3rd or 4th, it doesn't really stop us from doing anything.. don't think we can extend.. but we get him in house, see how he gels with wentz and then control his rights in off season

We still could still go shopping for say Pryor and see how that situation goes, but we got alshon in house
If we can't re-sign Jeffery I see no reason in trading a 3rd-4th rounder for what would be in essence an 8 week rental (and i dont think Howie would either). This isn't the MLB :lol:.

^ I think the CBA restricts signing a guy playing on the franchise tag..

We have the ability to tag him, ourselves.. but as I mentioned, the move would give us a trial run with him.. and also it allows us to survive the market before deciding how much we want to spend on dude

Jeffery is playing under the terms of the franchise tag, which means he is earning $14.599 million this season. The Eagles have the salary cap room to take on the pro-rated remainder of Jeffery’s contract for this season. That’s not an issue. But if the Eagles acquired Jeffery it would be on a nine-game (if they acquired him before Sunday’s game against the Cowboys) or eight-game rental. That’s it. Jeffery cannot sign a contract extension until the end of the regular season. That means he’s destined to reach the free-agent market if the Bears (or Eagles) do not place the franchise tag on him again for 2017 at a price tag of just more than $17.5 million.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/blog/ct-alshon-jeffery-trade-rumors-bears-mailbag-20161026-story.html

Back
Top Bottom