Pearl Foamposite Pros or Ones...it's been too long!

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

Originally Posted by kicks67

pimp.gif
Had the og's in HS but i wore them so much the red pods in the soles fell out, still wore em though and then the toe portion of the sole came off
frown.gif
. I got them in footlocker in nyc, 170th street under the 4 line, paid $99 for em
pimp.gif
. Funny how not too many people wanted them then. I think i still have one pair of og's left ( i think), cant remember the condition there in though. Ill post pics later if i get a chance.

thats the same for alot of shoes, when the true heads start rockin their jewels hype builds, i bet you half these kids that be talkin about WE NEED FOAMS didnt start lookin at em until the HOH penny retro, smh

same can be said for the whole damn HOA pack, they were on shelves forever, i myself copped the AM1's and the infrareds, for little under a 100 for both, now dudes is sellin em for 250 DS? lmao. get outta here. same with the older SB's just about every damn shoe thats been retro'd, lol, everybody looked past it, now everybody wants it because of hype.
smh.gif
QFT

Originally Posted by kicks67

pimp.gif
Had the og's in HS but i wore them so much the red pods in the soles fell out, still wore em though and then the toe portion of the sole came off
frown.gif
. I got them in footlocker in nyc, 170th street under the 4 line, paid $99 for em
pimp.gif
. Funny how not too many people wanted them then. I think i still have one pair of og's left ( i think), cant remember the condition there in though. Ill post pics later if i get a chance.

thats the same for alot of shoes, when the true heads start rockin their jewels hype builds, i bet you half these kids that be talkin about WE NEED FOAMS didnt start lookin at em until the HOH penny retro, smh

same can be said for the whole damn HOA pack, they were on shelves forever, i myself copped the AM1's and the infrareds, for little under a 100 for both, now dudes is sellin em for 250 DS? lmao. get outta here. same with the older SB's just about every damn shoe thats been retro'd, lol, everybody looked past it, now everybody wants it because of hype.
smh.gif

i can recall when the OG's drooped when i was in high school. People were 50/50 with them, mainly becuz of the price. Only a few people copped. I wanted toso bad, but damn where the +$@% i was going to find $200.I think Nike did a good thing of holding these off becuz it give you more appreciation of what is ahot shoe. Some of these retros they put out every other year are terrible. So if you have a chance to get a pair don't sleep, cuz these are probably notgoing to the light for another 10.

man i miss these days. i had two pairs and beat them up. i cant even believe how many shoes i used to have. oh well...

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

I like them with the swoosh, without it, just doesn't do it for me.
sick.gif

only reason i got my pearls is cuz it was a good deal.....no way they hold a candle to any of the swooshless foam ones or if penny foams released in white....

bad news for you guys...after 09 nike is gonna cancel the foam line : ( they gonna do the tim duncan foamposite max then thats it...im hearing they said itscosting them too much to make foamposites

I think I've worn my pair 4 times now. Still
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Amazing shoes.

I got them from NDConceptz.com
eek.gif
for $100 The good ol' days

Originally Posted by got shoes

i can recall when the OG's drooped when i was in high school. People were 50/50 with them, mainly becuz of the price. Only a few people copped. I wanted to so bad, but damn where the +$@% i was going to find $200.I think Nike did a good thing of holding these off becuz it give you more appreciation of what is a hot shoe. Some of these retros they put out every other year are terrible. So if you have a chance to get a pair don't sleep, cuz these are probably not going to the light for another 10.

thats why around here we call em "DOPE DEALERS". back in the day i remember all the old heads rockin the OG foams, mostly because of durability andcomfort, but somewhat because they were 170, nobody was tryna drop that on some damn shoes back in 97, i remember i would pray for new shoes to come out so iwould be able to cop the old heads old sneakers lol, i remember gettin the black foam pros with the clear sole for runnin errands around town for this dude, iwas like
tongue.gif
the next day in school lol. kids were like
eek.gif

good ol days

when retros first started coming out only a select couple people were fans of jordans and foams mostley the older cats who couldnt get em
back in the day or just wanted them again. im 19 but ive been on nikes since day 1 i remember begging for a pair of 200 buck shoes in 97 lol.
the game is just out of wack now from a pair of 65 buck tiffany sbs that were a GR in 05 ? sheesh time flies to being worth 500 bucks. smh

Originally Posted by SAMSUNG INSTINCT

bad news for you guys...after 09 nike is gonna cancel the foam line : ( they gonna do the tim duncan foamposite max then thats it...im hearing they said its costing them too much to make foamposites
yeah right......
laugh.gif

frown.gif
dont scare me like that.
thankfully i bought every foamposite/flightposite i ever liked............

Originally Posted by got shoes

i can recall when the OG's drooped when i was in high school. People were 50/50 with them, mainly becuz of the price. Only a few people copped. I wanted to so bad, but damn where the +$@% i was going to find $200.I think Nike did a good thing of holding these off becuz it give you more appreciation of what is a hot shoe. Some of these retros they put out every other year are terrible. So if you have a chance to get a pair don't sleep, cuz these are probably not going to the light for another 10.

thats why around here we call em "DOPE DEALERS". back in the day i remember all the old heads rockin the OG foams, mostly because of durability and comfort, but somewhat because they were 170, nobody was tryna drop that on some damn shoes back in 97, i remember i would pray for new shoes to come out so i would be able to cop the old heads old sneakers lol, i remember gettin the black foam pros with the clear sole for runnin errands around town for this dude, i was like
tongue.gif
the next day in school lol. kids were like
eek.gif

good ol days

yo you from the dmv area?

SAMSUNG INSTINCT wrote:
bad news for you guys...after 09 nike is gonna cancel the foam line : ( they gonna do the tim duncan foamposite max then thats it...im hearing they said its costing them too much to make foamposites
maannn they better not

nah i was talkin to two nike reps that came into one of my favorite stores and they clearly told us that foamposites are finsihed after 09 the only upside ofthe whole convo was they pulled out samples for the black/neon air total max uptempo and the black/silver

I just bought a fresh og pair to replace my 02 pair, which i'm letting go of (size 9).
wink.gif

Although I wouldn't mind keeping the other pair for rainy days...
grin.gif

Real talk.....if Pearl Pros dropped right now, or at same time as Purple 1s. I'd cop Pearls over the purps.

Both are fire, but $$ would make me choose between the two.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on them in Slam magazine, and they were labeled as shoes for Pippen in the magazine...

yeah the pearls are the best foam in my opinion and im not a fan of white or cream or anything that dirties fast

mail

Back
Top Bottom