Pearl Foamposite Pros or Ones...it's been too long!

flint!! im envious man...had a pair when they originally dropped, but beat em up playin ball...that pic is nuts...but im PATIENTLY waiting!!!

Foamposite Ones
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Foamposite Pros
sick.gif
I neva liked the way they looked for some reason..
ohwell.gif
Speacially the all reds, maybe because of the nike check on the side..

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

No he did not wear ANY foams.

He's wearing these ( I dunno the name)
373355.jpg
..... yes he did.

I have a old NBA book with him wearing the Pearls, but I never knew they were meant for him...but it makes sense. Good look on the info.
can you please show airmaxpenny1 guy. thanks,

and to sherlock foams - those can be fixed just b/c its a body shoe, meaning that its one whole piece and the pros have that problem with the swooshes comingoff. i took my pair to a shoe shop.

Originally Posted by never wear them

and to sherlock foams - those can be fixed just b/c its a body shoe, meaning that its one whole piece and the pros have that problem with the swooshes coming off. i took my pair to a shoe shop.

I guess. I've just been lazy with them. Since the soles are off, I wanted to seaglow them (as much as possible) then take them to a shoeshop. But Ican't find the damn bottle! lol

Originally Posted by SHERLOCK FOAMS

Originally Posted by CantStopDaHustle

Does anybody know if the OG's are still wearable? I'm trying to close a deal on a pair, i'm scared the soles will fall apart while i wear them

SAY NO TO SILICA GEL...
ouch
frown.gif

I'm waiting on the pics, i just hope they're not piss yellow and the soles are in decent conditions

Sea glow the hell out of those and keep us posted.

Even if those aren't the pearls in the pic, that is not the point that I was trying to make

Fail. Those are not the pearls the are the Pippen 3s. Here is a different angle. Pippen had the Pearls on I believe in pre-season and Penny wore white foam 1 in pre-season too.
nerd.gif

Wait... there was a pair of Pearls without the swoosh?

Someone please enlighten me.

I'm pretty sure i remember Pippen wearing Foam Pros around the start of the 97 season.
IIRC, the Fomaposite one was originally designed for Pippen but he pushed for a sig shoe instead.

Back in the mid to late 90's I worked at a Sports Authority and we carried the Pearl foams. They ended up being clearanced for $29.97 because no one boughtthem.

One day a Nike rep was in for a clinic and upon seeing them on the clearance rack he said the Pearls were supposed to be for Pippen but after he broke his footearly in the season. Once Pippen came back he needed a more supportive shoe and never wore the Foam Pros in a NBA game.

Hence why I have called them Pippen Foams instead of Pearls for over 10 years.

I did not pay attention when they first came out, but didn't the Foam One and Pro release a year apart? With the One being first.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

I did not pay attention when they first came out, but didn't the Foam One and Pro release a year apart? With the One being first.

Foam One released around spring 1997. Foam Pros released early fall 1997. I remember for sure because this kid at my high school broke them out duringintramurals for the first week of school my freshman year. I kept staring at them for the remainder of tryouts lol.

To the guy who said there was no pearl foam 1s u are WRONG

Penny wore a swooshless player exclusive pearl foam 1 at the end of the season in a game against the Bulls at the then Orena it was one of the last few gamesb4 the playoffs were he wore the blues only in the first round loss to Miami.

If anybody has the Knee high and livin large Lil Penny book u can see them in a full page picture page 78 Pennys shooting a layup over Luc Longley sorry I donthave a scanner to post it.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

To the guy who said there was no pearl foam 1s u are WRONG

Penny wore a swooshless player exclusive pearl foam 1 at the end of the season in a game against the Bulls at the then Orena it was one of the last few games b4 the playoffs were he wore the blues only in the first round loss to Miami.

If anybody has the Knee high and livin large Lil Penny book u can see them in a full page picture page 78 Pennys shooting a layup over Luc Longley sorry I dont have a scanner to post it.

Peace
Scottie
Penny has the only pair
frown.gif
I can only dream of having them
foamwhite1li8.jpg

Thanku Sir

I remember spotting them back in the day while watching the actual game and my eyes nearly popped out ma head lol

Peace
Scottie

Back
Top Bottom