packers and 49ers overrated?

As a Packer fan, I try to steer clear of all the hype.

However, I think at times we're the best team in the league. Overrated-yes at times.

I really haven't seen the '9ers enough to even comment...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

dont care
 That's great, I feel the same way about both you and your team.  Now, if you can kindly remove yourself from any and all threads regarding the 49ers from this point on out that would be great.  Now's the time champ.

everytime you reply all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah blah

As of right NOW - they are the best teams in the NFL.

Don't know what will happen between now and playoff time, but so far so good for both teams.

you are what your record is at this point in the season.

regarding the packers, perhaps the media overrates them a bit.  i'm not saying i feel their overrated though.  however as of right now the green bay packers are the best team in football, have the best qb, best offense, and are playing at an incredibly high level. there's some concerns on the defensive side of things but those are solveable,  their not new england patriots bad on defense. aside from that their the team to beat and if the nfc goes through lambeau i'd be shocked to see any other nfc team making the super bowl this year.

regarding the 49ers, it's comical some of the posts that i've seen.

you gotta love the  "you guys only beat 1 good team" posts.     when the eagles rebound and finish with a winning record will that still be considered a non quality win?  (hell most of you guys would consider beating the "dream team" eagles in philly a quality win at this point in the season regardless of their record and you know it)   will beating the 6-2 bengals on the road become a quality win  when they finish the season with a winning record and show their a decent up and coming team?   demolishing a buccaneers team that was supposed to bring the 3-1 49ers back to reality is no longer considered a quality win?  are you guys trying to say that those wins are the equal of beating the arizona cardinals at home?   i just want to make sure were on the same page here.    Sad thing is, had they not blown that 14 point lead against dallas back in week 2 and were 8-0 right now you guys would still be doubting  knowing if your team had the same record and beat the same opponents you'd say their legit.

only way i would have doubts about the 49ers right now is if they were 7-1 with 5 of those wins coming against nfc west teams and the other against the colts and that hasn't been the case.

at this point,  anyone who says  "oh if they beat the giants then they've proven their legit"  isn't worth taking seriously,  because if they beat the giants,   in a week and a half  you guys will be saying,  "oh if the 49ers can win in baltimore  then they'll prove to me their legit"

good teams know how to win games on the road. the 49ers are 4-0 on the road with 3 of their final 4 road games against the nfc west,  they've proven they can beat decent teams on the road on top of that.

at the end of the day the giants are a good 6-2 team  and unless the giants demolish the 49ers on sunday,  winning or losing to the giants  doesn't make them anymore legit then they already are to me.   same way if the 49ers beat the giants sunday  im not going to all of a sudden think the giants were exposed.

I am a 49ers fan and we must be winning if people are hating on us 
pimp.gif

Keep it coming we 49ers fans don't give a damn what yall say  were 7-1 on the way to the playoffs maybe even a first round bye .

just like the giants we were hated on but still won we dont care what yall say we get SHT done 

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

you are what your record is at this point in the season.

regarding the packers, perhaps the media overrates them a bit.  i'm not saying i feel their overrated though.  however as of right now the green bay packers are the best team in football, have the best qb, best offense, and are playing at an incredibly high level. there's some concerns on the defensive side of things but those are solveable,  their not new england patriots bad on defense. aside from that their the team to beat and if the nfc goes through lambeau i'd be shocked to see any other nfc team making the super bowl this year.

regarding the 49ers, it's comical some of the posts that i've seen.

you gotta love the  "you guys only beat 1 good team" posts.     when the eagles rebound and finish with a winning record will that still be considered a non quality win?  (hell most of you guys would consider beating the "dream team" eagles in philly a quality win at this point in the season regardless of their record and you know it)   will beating the 6-2 bengals on the road become a quality win  when they finish the season with a winning record and show their a decent up and coming team?   demolishing a buccaneers team that was supposed to bring the 3-1 49ers back to reality is no longer considered a quality win?  are you guys trying to say that those wins are the equal of beating the arizona cardinals at home?   i just want to make sure were on the same page here.    Sad thing is, had they not blown that 14 point lead against dallas back in week 2 and were 8-0 right now you guys would still be doubting  knowing if your team had the same record and beat the same opponents you'd say their legit.

only way i would have doubts about the 49ers right now is if they were 7-1 with 5 of those wins coming against nfc west teams and the other against the colts and that hasn't been the case.

at this point,  anyone who says  "oh if they beat the giants then they've proven their legit"  isn't worth taking seriously,  because if they beat the giants,   in a week and a half  you guys will be saying,  "oh if the 49ers can win in baltimore  then they'll prove to me their legit"

good teams know how to win games on the road. the 49ers are 4-0 on the road with 3 of their final 4 road games against the nfc west,  they've proven they can beat decent teams on the road on top of that.

at the end of the day the giants are a good 6-2 team  and unless the giants demolish the 49ers on sunday,  winning or losing to the giants  doesn't make them anymore legit then they already are to me.   same way if the 49ers beat the giants sunday  im not going to all of a sudden think the giants were exposed.
QFT

I think the Lions will beat Packers and will beat the 9ers in the playoffs.

Based upon what??

dont care
 That's great, I feel the same way about both you and your team.  Now, if you can kindly remove yourself from any and all threads regarding the 49ers from this point on out that would be great.  Now's the time champ.

Lulz, clearly said you beat us and said we were the only good/decent W you got.  
I got all that, the fact of the matter is we're still 7-1 in the NFL which is a good accomplishment as of now.  The fact that you would even say the 49ers shouldn't be rated is funny in itself seeing as how they beat your team, which is just the icing on the cake
happy.gif

Their weaknesses are our strengths.

Our strengths are their weaknesses.

Their good but they ain't that good.

pimp.gif

Keep it coming we 49ers fans don't give a damn what yall say  were 7-1 on the way to the playoffs maybe even a first round bye .

just like the giants we were hated on but still won we dont care what yall say we get SHT done 

[table][tr][td]vick the quick[/td][td]
[/td][td]#32[/td][td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://vick-the-quick.e.yuku.com/]

11/10/11 3:56 PM
[/td][td]
pimp.gif

[/td][/tr][/url][/table]

Who gives a damn what teams beat who.....your job is to make the playoffs.

Make the playoffs anyway possible and go from there, teams can either play a lot better when its crunch time or a lot worse....even the 8-8 Cards in a bad division made the Superbowl.

So I guess 14.8 PPG allowed, 70 Rush Yards per game allowed, and 0 rushing touchdowns means nothing....

Everybody acts like were this juggernaut team with a soft %!* schedule. Were the same 6-10 49ers from last year. Jamie Dukes even said he'd take 25 other QB's before Alex Smith. You guys are just mad that its not the Cowboys, Eagles, or some other NFC team shining right now.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I think the Lions will beat Packers and will beat the 9ers in the playoffs.

Based upon what??

dont care

Lulz, clearly said you beat us and said we were the only good/decent W you got.  
I got all that, the fact of the matter is we're still 7-1 in the NFL which is a good accomplishment as of now.  The fact that you would even say the 49ers shouldn't be rated is funny in itself seeing as how they beat your team, which is just the icing on the cake
happy.gif

Their weaknesses are our strengths.

Our strengths are their weaknesses.

Their good but they ain't that good.

Our weakness or weaknesses is Alex Smith, based upon your statement above are you saying your strength is Matthew Stafford?? Meaning a QB comparison.

49ers are legit and it's the same reason why the Jets have remained relevant despite a well below average QB....Their defense.

Alex has done nothing more than manage the game with limited mistakes. Thankfully Gore is running well again, or else more pressure would be put on Alex.

Quite frankly, with that defense the 49ers have a chance to win a game even in the playoffs, but suffice it to say, Alex Smith will not lead this team to a Super Bowl.

A defending champion and currently undefeated is considered overrated now? As much as I hate the Packers, they are far from overrated. Rodgers is the clear cut MVP and they could possibly repeat. Now, on to my Niners. 7-1 is not overrated at all, who expected us to be even in this situation? Nobody. Hell, no one even had us winning our own division. NO ONE. Let alone winning 6 games in a row under new coach. An overrated team is a team that is expected to produce but doesn't. You want overrated? The Eagles personify that. Throughout the offseason, everyone had them in the Super Bowl. Are the Niners overrated? No. Surprising team of the year? Absolutely.

As for the Packers...I hear a lot of people question that defense and they really shouldn't be.

Dom Capers is a very good defensive coach and what he's doing with G.B.'s defense is just playing to the strength of their offense. Meaning, he knows not many teams, if any, will be able to keep pace with that offense so in turn, he's allowed to have his defense take more risks in going after the ball creating turnovers. It's why they lead the league in INT's. The D is able to take more chances because they know A. Rodgers will put in work.

I wouldn't say either are overrated, the Packers it's hard to win a game in the NFL, let alone not have a loss this year into the season. The only teams to usually do this are the Pats and Colts, which they're usually superbowl contenders every year.

The 49ers, they are a good team, compared to last year, they are winning games away and on the east coast, which previous years they failed at. There are a couple of tests in the Giants, Steelers and Ravens, but they should do fine against them.

As long as the running and defense are doing good, we should be able to continue to win games.

Packers have a great offense that's ahead of everyone else's.
Niners have great coaching and defense that are ahead of the teams they played.

You can say they're overrated once(if) they lose to a couple of inferior teams but, as of right now, they both have records that reflect how they play on the field, which is better than everyone else's.

Green Bay is definitely not overrated. 49ers aren't either. Crazy thing is they haven't had thier full roster of WRs play all season. Gore is having a great season & so is Alex Smith. The only thing that will hamper the 49ers in the playoffs is their lack of post season experience.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Packers are a little overrated but they're still the best team in Football so it doesn't really matter... They'll lose a game at some point.

As long as Rodgers is playing the way he is I think its pretty hard to say they're overrated though.

Yup

I don't think the 49ers are "overrated" They're right where they should be, a lot of people would have them losing in the playoffs in the 1st round anyways.

Back
Top Bottom