Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Not that it was really problem for me, because back then I was getting **** I wanted pretty much hassle free and many times below retail, but when Nike increased stock a few years back isn't that when "Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman" and boost was supposedly dominating the market?

I'm basing this strictly off appearances but when the nike twitter account would tweet a link with a release it was bombarded with comments about boost being better and etc. I can understand them cutting stock after seeing public perception and the constant slashing of prices for **** that they weren't used to seeing on sale racks anymore

if y’all really think the anti -bot headline is nothing more than a deflection you is plumb C R A Z Y.

why are we bringing up bots when it was humans who made the news for the treachery?

they really insulting customers intelligence now.

***** please.

Nike, botting, and reselling are all a piece of the problem. Make much more supply or do some limited time preorder or something.

Finally put a face on this? I’ll just say it, white kids from the burbs with daddy’s credit card killed shoes a decade ago with SB hype. This has been known

I don’t know about blaming one race of people for today’s sneaker problem, sounds bad. I recall the dunk craze hit everyone hard back then and it was all types. Even my own Latino community was heavy on Dunks and I can remember that they didn’t even mess with anything that wasn’t a Cortez or Air Max running shoe.

Edit: I do agree with you on Nike needing to make more shoes. That would be ******* awesome! Pretty much make the classic colorways plentiful and limit the funky ones that are more likely to sit. Walking into any footlocker and seeing Cement 3’s , Concord 11’s, Bred 1’s on the shelf would be a dream.

OR

Make more shoes
That's not going to happen. They tried it before and it went poorly. Let's face it, we, in general, like limited stuff. If everything was a gr, Nike wouldn't be cool anymore. That's just facts. They make a ton of shoes. They just don't make a ton of the hyped ones. Why are they hyped? Bc they didn't make many.

Lol at anybody on this site seriously thinking that Nike or any other brand aren't benefiting from the resale market. Common sense would tell you that if large Shoe Store Companies are investing in resale companies, along with someone who was the VP of Nike, (while working the actual SNKRS App department), that the entire way of how we purchase sought after shoes has changed because these companies have manipulated it that way on purpose.

Also, you're definitely naive if you think the VP of Nike was the only person in that building participating in taking advantage of her position, to use her son as a decoy for her side hustle. I read that she was part of the team that works on the SNKRS App, and your definitely naive if you think that she didn't use her knowledge of when and how, to use the App to buy shoes. At this point its only gotten worser because you can't even buy GR's as easily as you once could in the past. Some people blame it on the pandemic, but I think that it's just gotten harder to buy the retros now because more people are into nowadays due to resale market, including with what Social Media (ig) has done to influence way more people to get into buying particular shoes now.

Sad to say it, but everybody needs to get use to either backdooring, buying bots, or buying at resale now. I don't see anything changing anytime soon, because nobody controls the purchasing system, it's all about money, and who's willing to pay double/triple the price of the original retail at this time. You can thank Social Media and the resale market for what we're experiencing now.

Haha even at that, make more shoes and that’s all out the window.
Making more shoes is not gonna solve anything as far ease of access is concerned. They ****** us up by pulling accounts from all those mom&pop shops. Concentrating the supply of shoes between Nike stores/website/apps and the footsites, and letting a few boutiques have crumbs (1-2 size runs at best) is making it too easy for all those people with bots.

At this point its only gotten worser because you can't even buy GR's as easily as you once could in the past.

The last pair of 90's/00's signature basketball retros I was able to buy was the GPs, and that's only because nobody wanted them. Nowadays, you can't put your hands on anything remotely significant without jumping through hoops. I wouldn't even mind if the popularity of those shoes were organic (a lot of them were ahead of their time tech wise), but it kills me that most of them are going from Nike's warehouses to some other bozo's warehouse.

why I hate venturing past certain points on here.
Articles like this and I lose a lil more faith in the game.....
:smh:

Making more shoes is not gonna solve anything as far ease of access is concerned. They ****ed us up by pulling accounts from all those mom&pop shops. Concentrating the supply of shoes between Nike stores/website/apps and the footsites, and letting a few boutiques have crumbs (1-2 size runs at best) is making it too easy for all those people with bots.

The last pair of 90's/00's signature basketball retros I was able to buy was the GPs, and that's only because nobody wanted them. Nowadays, you can't put your hands on anything remotely significant without jumping through hoops. I wouldn't even mind if the popularity of those shoes were organic (a lot of them were ahead of their time tech wise), but it kills me that most of them are going from Nike's warehouses to some other bozo's warehouse.
I think it also depends where you live.

Around my way it didn't get like this until COVID. The year or two before that a lot of GR retros from the 1990s sat and some Jordans did too.

dblplay1212 = if everything was a gr, Nike wouldn't be cool anymore. That's the main reason why this topic is a huge discussion right now. Even Gr retros are hard to buy nowadays. GR's are in the same category as collabs/limited releases right now. The next retro Jordan 3,s and 4,s release will let us all know what we need to know, compared to this last retro 1 release that just passed.

Man you wanted these.....
1614901360492.png

.....But mama said nope. Here take these.
1614901279793.jpeg
My senior year those converse were hot.

My senior year those converse were hot.

Oh man, Class of 1997 in the house :pimp:
They were okay but I wasn’t happy with the comfort on them, felt better on the hardwood courts but barely.

Tell you you remember theses joints though. Converse Dr. J 2000.
1615341060046.jpeg

dblplay1212 = if everything was a gr, Nike wouldn't be cool anymore. That's the main reason why this topic is a huge discussion right now. Even Gr retros are hard to buy nowadays. GR's are in the same category as collabs/limited releases right now. The next retro Jordan 3,s and 4,s release will let us all know what we need to know, compared to this last retro 1 release that just passed.
They don't do that with all shoes though. They do it with a few to make them hyped and build brand image. They do make the occasional 1, 3, 4, and 5 that sit but for the most part those are the ones they use to keep the brand cool. You can buy all the mids and XXXV you want lol. I get that it sucks, just saying it's not going to change anytime soon. While I hate it, I get it from a business perspective. If they started making everything in bulk, they'd sit and they wouldn't be cool. They did that in 2015-2018 and that's when Adidas popped off by making limited Yeezy and UB. Jordan was deemed to be dead bc of it.

Here's an article with Nike on the record saying why they were going to do what they are doing right now:

Here's Luber from StockX talking about it:

They don't do that with all shoes though. They do it with a few to make them hyped and build brand image. They do make the occasional 1, 3, 4, and 5 that sit but for the most part those are the ones they use to keep the brand cool. You can buy all the mids and XXXV you want lol. I get that it sucks, just saying it's not going to change anytime soon. While I hate it, I get it from a business perspective. If they started making everything in bulk, they'd sit and they wouldn't be cool. They did that in 2015-2018 and that's when Adidas popped off by making limited Yeezy and UB. Jordan was deemed to be dead bc of it.

Here's an article with Nike on the record saying why they were going to do what they are doing right now:

Here's Luber from StockX talking about it:

I hate the fact that this is true but it is.

That Adidas run for a couple years, and the whole "Yeezy jumping over the Jumpman" wave is the reason we're in this mess now. Nike refuses to ever let that happen again.

That's not going to happen. They tried it before and it went poorly. Let's face it, we, in general, like limited stuff. If everything was a gr, Nike wouldn't be cool anymore. That's just facts. They make a ton of shoes. They just don't make a ton of the hyped ones. Why are they hyped? Bc they didn't make many.
I disagree. Most of the stuff that’s being dropped in limited numbers now were GRs in the beginning. Believe it or not Jordan’s were GRs. Shoo even SBs. The hardest past about getting SBs was finding skate shops that had them. Once you did that all you had to do was pay. The only reason why limited edition got hype was because Nike was doing few and far between. It is very recently one had to HOPE to be able to cop some Griffey’s.

Look I know shoes being exclusive is a must for them. I’m not saying they’ll GR everything, But if they actually care about fans getting what they want that’s the simple answer to this. Here’s the thing, they don’t

Said it 1000 times and I’ll say it 1000 more, I am happy I’m done with this whole shoe business

I disagree. Most of the stuff that’s being dropped in limited numbers now were GRs in the beginning. Believe it or not Jordan’s were GRs. Shoo even SBs. The hardest past about getting SBs was finding skate shops that had them. Once you did that all you had to do was pay. The only reason why limited edition got hype was because Nike was doing few and far between. It is very recently one had to HOPE to be able to cop some Griffey’s.
Believe it or not? Lol man I'm 43. I know how J's were in 1988. But this is 2010 and the entire industry has changed.

Shocking that the CEO of Stock X thinks Jordans weren't limited enough :lol:

Go ahead and keep them limited. It's funny seeing people think any hideous trash Jordan Brand puts out is "heat" because it was hard to get.
Lol fair point on Luber. Just posted him for the data.

I don’t know about blaming one race of people for today’s sneaker problem, sounds bad. I recall the dunk craze hit everyone hard back then and it was all types. Even my own Latino community was heavy on Dunks and I can remember that they didn’t even mess with anything that wasn’t a Cortez or Air Max running shoe.

Edit: I do agree with you on Nike needing to make more shoes. That would be ****ing awesome! Pretty much make the classic colorways plentiful and limit the funky ones that are more likely to sit. Walking into any footlocker and seeing Cement 3’s , Concord 11’s, Bred 1’s on the shelf would be a dream.
Dude I’m just keeping it real. Those dudes open their wallets and their daddy‘s wallets and resell went through the roof. Remember when resale for OG Jordans was like 300-350 bucks max? That’s all skyrocketed now in the grand scheme of things. Shoe collection used to be about grabbing everything that you could because it wasn’t going to come out again. It was almost like a pub crawl of mom and pop shops. Above all it was a hood thing.I remember people thinking I was stupid for looking for old shoes. Once the suburbs got involved it was over.

I’m not making that statement out of hate or malice. It’s just a fax. Yeah other people were involved but the suburban boys came in and inflated prices to the point where they have just never returned

Last edited:
Dude I’m just keeping it real. Those dudes open their wallets in their daddy‘s wallets and resell went through the roof. Remember when resale for OG Jordans was like 300-350 bucks max? That’s all skyrocketed now in the grand scheme of things. Shoe collection used to be about grabbing everything that you could because it wasn’t going to come out again. It was almost like a pub crawl of mom and pop shops. Above all it was a hood thing.I remember people thinking I was stupid for looking for old shoes. Once the suburbs got involved it was over.

I’m not making that statement out of hate or malice. It’s just a fax. Yeah other people were involved but the suburban boys came in and inflated prices to the point where they have just never returned

Sneakers got gentrified.

Back
Top Bottom