Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Was it really a hood thing? Maybe pre internet days but from what I remember the white/Asian dudes were usually the ones that had rotations.

I hate the fact that this is true but it is.

That Adidas run for a couple years, and the whole "Yeezy jumping over the Jumpman" wave is the reason we're in this mess now. Nike refuses to ever let that happen again.
I don’t think adidas has anything left in em to do that again

yeezy line was great those first couple years, it’s absolutely trash now.

no one cares for ultra boosts, nmd, etc

I don't even see jerry Lorenzo can save them.

Nike is undefeated on how they market, control releases, and create hype. They are a flat out machine that is so dialed in to how a consumer thinks it is scary. No brand has the kind of selling power that Nike has.
I can tell you that when NMB and Boosts were flying off shelves and pants'ing Nike left and right execs at Nike were PISSED and said that will NEVER happen again. Losing is not an option and second place, especially to adidas was a HUGE wake up call. Nike got lazy for a stretch and let their guard down and adidas capitalized but all that did was wake the sleeping giant to even further stretch out the gap between first and second place.

Jerry Lorenzo, Pharrell, any of these artists or designers who have left 'collab' deals with Nike to get more control and money never work out. They do to a certain degree but never with the popularity or exclusivity like they did with Nike.

:smh: If that bum Pusha T kept his mouth shut and didn't talk about Drake's kid and blowing up the Drake-Adidas collab...

Alot of people that are in their late 30,s and up + knows that these last few comments are facts. If you don't, you are 30 and below -. In the 1980,s African Americans particularly made wearing tennis shoes/basketball shoes/along with Big jewelry casually popular, everyone else just followed the trend that was already set. Me and my classmates were labeled as ghetto/hood by the older people (of every race) whenever we wore jordans/Nikes, especially with jewelry on. This is when jordans would sit on shelves for months sometimes, and even when the first set of retros started to come out in the early 90,s was in effect. So we basically made it popular from a worldwide perspective when it comes to how alot of people dress now. Fast forward to now, the majority of people that sta

Rted all of this, don't even participate in it anymore. It's definitely went from a urban thing to a suburban thing. We popularized it, but like i was told recently. Anything that we make popular from scratch, it gets monetized financially by the people in power. Hence, Music, Fashion, Sports, etc. It's mind boggling and funny to actually see the process of how this all turned out over time. This is coming from someone who was around to see it when it wasn't popular, and looked down up on by mainstream, along with Jordan getting fined for it. To seeing how the streets made it a main stay in society in todays. I hate to say it because im not racist at all, but was a Black thing in the 1980,s, not a mainstream thing like today. But nowadays its

Y'all did a good job derailing and burying this thread. I wonder how many employees are actually here....
John Donahoe acknowledged that the scandal involving former VP Ann Hebert had eroded customers’ trust in the brand.

Nike (NYSE:NKE +1.21%) CEO John Donahoe has addressed the recent scandal involving former North American vice president and general manager Ann Hebert, saying that the company is planning to update some of its employee policies in response.

Hebert voluntarily resigned last week after more than 25 years with the company. Bloomberg first broke news of the scandal, which involved Hebert’s 19-year-old son and his sneaker resale business. According to the report, Hebert’s son used an American Express credit card in her name to purchase limited-edition sneakers and flip them for profit.

Complex, which reviewed of a recording of the virtual all-hands meeting on Monday, says that Donahoe acknowledged that the scandal had eroded customers’ trust in the brand.

“There’s no value more core to who we are than the trust our consumers put into us and our brand and our products,” he said. “And the fact of the matter is, this incident has sparked questions in some of our consumers about whether they can trust us, particularly around launch product.”

Donahoe spoke of making several changes, including auditing the launch process when the company releases limited-edition sneakers and updating the company’s policies to better handle issues surrounding the growing sneaker resale market.

Nike’s president of consumer and marketplace Heidi O’Neill also said during the virtual all-hands that an internal review had found that Hebert did not break any of the company’s policies despite her departure.

Y'all did a good job derailing and burying this thread. I wonder how many employees are actually here....
John Donahoe acknowledged that the scandal involving former VP Ann Hebert had eroded customers’ trust in the brand.

Nike (NYSE:NKE +1.21%) CEO John Donahoe has addressed the recent scandal involving former North American vice president and general manager Ann Hebert, saying that the company is planning to update some of its employee policies in response.

Hebert voluntarily resigned last week after more than 25 years with the company. Bloomberg first broke news of the scandal, which involved Hebert’s 19-year-old son and his sneaker resale business. According to the report, Hebert’s son used an American Express credit card in her name to purchase limited-edition sneakers and flip them for profit.

Complex, which reviewed of a recording of the virtual all-hands meeting on Monday, says that Donahoe acknowledged that the scandal had eroded customers’ trust in the brand.

“There’s no value more core to who we are than the trust our consumers put into us and our brand and our products,” he said. “And the fact of the matter is, this incident has sparked questions in some of our consumers about whether they can trust us, particularly around launch product.”

Donahoe spoke of making several changes, including auditing the launch process when the company releases limited-edition sneakers and updating the company’s policies to better handle issues surrounding the growing sneaker resale market.

Nike’s president of consumer and marketplace Heidi O’Neill also said during the virtual all-hands that an internal review had found that Hebert did not break any of the company’s policies despite her departure.

If donahoe thinks trust in the brand just started eroding with this latest story, he's incredibly out of touch.

The story in itself is just smoke and mirrors and image clean up. It's all fluff.

Nothing has been done for years, no reason to actually start now.

Nike let's nothing get out. No release numbers, no comments on anything, ever. But now, this "all hands on deck" meeting creeps into the media? Gtf0h nike

And everybody thought Yeezy “won” after leaving Nike.

I remember being told that jordans were "ghetto " yeah oh how times have changed.
This statement brought back a memory. One of my Italian homies from back when got a pair of xii’s. He wore them to school and someone made the comment “look at him trying to be black, with the chain and Jordan’s”. He had the classic Italian horn/bracelet combo well before getting his kicks. Yes, times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom