Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Yeah man. NT would make you believe the instant sell outs are the shoes Nike banks on. Those team Jordan’s and such that people here call trash, including myself, bring in the big bucks

NT definitely skews the perception of some people/gives them tunnel vision

Go out to any major metropolitan area in the US., and you might find a few dozen people with 'high-end' kicks walking around on any given day, but the vast majority of every day folks are wearing Nike Frees, Monarchs, and other cheap discounted shoes. And that's not even counting the non-Nike brands like Sketchers, Hoka, etc. The reason resell seems to be a huge market is because a person paying resell prices, is likely not only paying resell for one or two pairs. I consider myself a 'casual' collector and even I've spent over retail on well over 10 pairs over the last three years.

To borrow a term from gambling, the market is dominated by 'whales'

Nike doesn't make their money on limited pairs. They do keep their brand hyped with them though. They remain cool bc of them. In other lines of business they call them loss leaders. Like Wal Mart will take a loss on Cokes for a week to draw people into the store knowing they'll buy other stuff. Same concept here. No they don't make money on the specific shoe or collab but it lifts the brand image and they remain cool so the random Joe feels cool wearing a gr Nike.

:lol: at folks ratting him out
Folks ratting him out and the major blowback from this is because people, regular people who want to buy the shoes can finally put a face on it. Like I’m pretty sure this is a small piece of what goes on behind the scenes but people can put a face and a method behind the madness and they’re right about it. Hell, I’m tight about it.

Folks ratting him out and the major blowback from this is because people, regular people who want to buy the shoes can finally put a face on it. Like I’m pretty sure this is a small piece of what goes on behind the scenes but people can put a face and a method behind the madness and they’re right about it. Hell, I’m tight about it.
Finally put a face on this? I’ll just say it, white kids from the burbs with daddy’s credit card killed shoes a decade ago with SB hype. This has been known

Is that really a surprise though? Arent Nike employees able to purchase or extend their perks to immediate family?
Right, but as a former store manager who used to work in a major retailer, an employee discount is a privilege that any company has the right to revoke if abused which Ann was doing by allowing her son to go ham at the employee store. I remember telling my guys that if they were to get caught reselling with their employee discount, it could end in termination.

Nothing but a bunch of lip service.
If they want to get rid of reselling, make every release available for preorder. Leave it up for 24 hours. That way the people that really want a shoe will get it.

Until then, Nike doesn’t give a **** about me and I don’t give a **** about Nike. Keep chasing after that profit and pretending like you care about your consumers.

How much y’all want to bet this “tech” will be developed and implemented within a month?

are they going to give this "tech" to footlocker etc?

I cant really ***** and moan too much I hit on snkrs fairly frequently

1.Just do what Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft did to Gamestop years back: hurt FTL's pockets. They (ftl) invested in goat/resell market, they profit from retail AND Resell. Pull their retro/hot release shipments and pad Snkrs inventory/stock.
2.Scrub Snkrs/Nike accounts that are suspicious: Mr. John Smith, member since 2013 and interacts/uses the app daily should be rewarded moreso than Mrs. "EOGUBEON ROUBNO", member since March 2021 and shares the same address with a Mr. "IGBEIBNOBR OUTBWET", member since March 2021.
3. Change weighting/distribution for EA and "Got Em"s for the people that caught Ls for 3 weeks straight?
4. Reward/track people that interact with the app? Why bother to "Like" a sneaker or join those snkrs live events if there is no benefit?

1.Just do what Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft did to Gamestop years back: hurt FTL's pockets. They (ftl) invested in goat/resell market, they profit from retail AND Resell. Pull their retro/hot release shipments and pad Snkrs inventory/stock.
2.Scrub Snkrs/Nike accounts that are suspicious: Mr. John Smith, member since 2013 and interacts/uses the app daily should be rewarded moreso than Mrs. "EOGUBEON ROUBNO", member since March 2021 and shares the same address with a Mr. "IGBEIBNOBR OUTBWET", member since March 2021.
3. Change weighting/distribution for EA and "Got Em"s for the people that caught Ls for 3 weeks straight?
4. Reward/track people that interact with the app? Why bother to "Like" a sneaker or join those snkrs live events if there is no benefit?
OR

Make more shoes

“We’ve been working on anti-bot technology for the last several years,” Donahoe said. “That is part of the solution, but we need to double down our efforts.”

Back
Top Bottom