Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Stockx had a billion dollar valuation right?

no way 99% don’t participate

I’d say close to half is buying to sell or selling to buy.

footlocker putting money into Goat is a smoking gun IMO

But idk. I’m just a guy. This is all speculation
Look up the best selling nikes on a yearly basis. You’d be surprised. Value of stock X doesn’t mean it sucks up the majority of shoe buying. Just means the ones on it spend a lot. Stock X is just a middle man too. They’re not buying the shoes to sell. They operate at minimal cost

Look up the best selling nikes on a yearly basis. You’d be surprised. Value of stock X doesn’t mean it sucks up the majority of shoe buying. Just means the ones on it spend a lot. Stock X is just a middle man too. They’re not buying the shoes to sell. They operate at minimal cost

i can agree with that

the year those oreo 5’s that came out with JB was the best selling jordan that made em the most money that yr :lol:

edit: heres the post, they are re releasing this yr via sneakernews

25787CAC-11D9-463A-A8F3-A8016B23F648.jpeg

99% of the people who buy shoes don’t participate in the aftermarket. This, in its totality, is a non issue for nike

I think this is a major issue with the way Nike is changing their strategy. Remember last year they ended contracts with all those major businesses like Kroger/fred meyers, multiple department stores etc? I think the resell and limited release hype is their main focus right now, not Timmy who likes to shop at Macy’s.

you got Kamala Harris’ nephew making national news for wearing Dior Jordan’s to an inauguration. Got Bernie Sanders making national news for appearing in a YouTube video discussing off-white Jordan’s. This Herbert story hurts that hype and the appearance of their business practice immensely in my i opinion.

I think this is a major issue with the way Nike is changing their strategy. Remember last year they ended contracts with all those major businesses like Kroger/fred meyers, multiple department stores etc? I think the resell and limited release hype is their main focus right now, not Timmy who likes to shop at Macy’s.

you got Kamala Harris’ nephew making national news for wearing Dior Jordan’s to an inauguration. Got Bernie Sanders making national news for appearing in a YouTube video discussing off-white Jordan’s. This Herbert story hurts that hype and the appearance of their business practice immensely in my i opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a part of their game plan, but nike has so many departments and a large chunk of their sales are shoes found at shoe carnival. The hype shoe department isn’t even going to hurt from this. Desperate boys will still buy after they cry about this

I agree with you on that. It’s not their bread winner right now. Shoot, air monarchs might still be their #1 selling shoe each year. And this story wont make them go bankrupt. I’m just saying it’s DEFINITELY an issue.

i can agree with that

the year those oreo 5’s that came out with JB was the best selling jordan that made em the most money that yr :lol:

edit: heres the post, they are re releasing this yr via sneakernews

25787CAC-11D9-463A-A8F3-A8016B23F648.jpeg
Yeah man. NT would make you believe the instant sell outs are the shoes Nike banks on. Those team Jordan’s and such that people here call trash, including myself, bring in the big bucks

Idk.

I don’t think it’s the units I’m necessarily talking about.
the hype shoes even monarchs for a minute are what is driving the brand. “Hype” culture is propelling Nike forward at a pace so great they decided to change tactics cut out middle men and funnel shoes to consumers in a way that perpetuates hype. All this is to solidify longevity.

without us. Without hype. Without jordan.
nike is just another brand.

so In conclusion Nike banks on the hype shoes. Might not bring in the most sales but the money saved on marketing by controlling its customers emotion is unmatched.

best marketing company of all time.
don’t feel like that’s debatable.

Is that really a surprise though? Arent Nike employees able to purchase or extend their perks to immediate family?
I always thought this was the case, she gets discounts, probably doesn’t use her perk that much but doesn’t want it to languish, so she passes it off to her son and he “flourishes”

Im sure for one or two of the same items.....but pallets full requiring a U-Haul ?? :rofl:
I mean they did say they traveled around the US and hit up the Nike Outlets. Its stricter now but at Nike Outlets you would be able to purchase multiple pairs, add an employee discount on top and you're golden.

I mean they did say they traveled around the US and hit up the Nike Outlets. Its stricter now but at Nike Outlets you would be able to purchase multiple pairs, add an employee discount on top and you're golden.
Remember when you could phone order from the outlets......those were the good Ol’ days. I’d reach out via the Nike Chat, stock locate the shoe at an outlet and call and order.

Don’t think you guys get her position in the company. She wasn’t just working at the damn outlets LOL

So funny. If people read the article, it was so clear the kid shot himself in the foot sooo many times/ lied about his benefits.

> "I never used an employee discount"... That's an oddly specific claim./defense... Kind of like if a homicide detective asked you if you know anything about the murder a few blocks away and you respond, "I don't own a 9mm glock", even though the detective never mentioned a weapon. :lol:
> "My mom is too far up in her position...", bruh, she's the VP/GM of North America operations, and you're the 19 year-old college dropout living under her roof posting full-size runs.

I don't understand why people believed a word he said... I mean before the writer discovered his identity, he was literally quoted saying "If you know the right people, you can get access to things, most people can't."...

Back
Top Bottom