"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Had the original FC Rebel and now looking to add the 2s. Saw the earlier post about Hibbett’s but I need to get these in a Wide size.

Any deals or first responders for the actual
New Balance site at this time?

9164B434-99D4-4862-928B-9EA9C40F46E0.jpeg
4ECDF25B-25EF-4891-9285-269F809CC507.jpeg
47BC49D5-AA86-4440-8D97-17D91B18A31B.jpeg
92461E31-BDD5-419F-B67E-603D4F6B63D4.jpeg

I think this should make a nice combo, haven’t run in the more V3 yet, as just got them in, but initial step in doesn’t feel as springy as Invincible, but feels more supportive and upper feels nicer, toe box area suitable for wide foot fam and that’s on the standard width.

Had the original FC Rebel and now looking to add the 2s. Saw the earlier post about Hibbett’s but I need to get these in a Wide size.

Any deals or first responders for the actual
New Balance site at this time?
Id.me has a 25% off now for new balance. I'd never seen it before. Got my code right away.

9164B434-99D4-4862-928B-9EA9C40F46E0.jpeg
4ECDF25B-25EF-4891-9285-269F809CC507.jpeg
47BC49D5-AA86-4440-8D97-17D91B18A31B.jpeg
92461E31-BDD5-419F-B67E-603D4F6B63D4.jpeg

I think this should make a nice combo, haven’t run in the more V3 yet, as just got them in, but initial step in doesn’t feel as springy as Invincible, but feels more supportive and upper feels nicer, toe box area suitable for wide foot fam and that’s on the standard width.
I'm definitely interested in the More V3... seems like it may slot somewhere between a Clifton/Bondi and the Invincible in terms of plush cushioning and bounce.

I'm definitely interested in the More V3... seems like it may slot somewhere between a Clifton/Bondi and the Invincible in terms of plush cushioning and bounce.

Yeah I think so. I have the Invincible too so will compare them in due course.

Brooks will be adding two new models to the Hyperion line next Spring. First being the update to the Hyperion Elite 2, the Hyperion Elite 3 and then a new model called the Hyperion Max. I don’t have anymore info to give, not because I can’t but because I don’t have any specs other than a pic of the shoe. :lol:

With the Hyperion Max, expect something that looks like a Hyperion Elite 2 sole with an upper that looks similar to the Hyperion Tempo.

Then the Hyperion Elite 3 looks like it will be using a knit upper.
A little bit more info today! The Hyperion Max will be that step in between the Hyperion Elite and Tempo. The sole itself looks exactly the same as the Elite 2 but it won’t have the carbon plate and we’re looking at a nitrogen-infused sole like the Tempo.

MRBW MRBW Do you by any chance also own Clifton? If you do, comparing it with More v3, which one has softer midsole?

If that fly logo is the first thing I see when I open the box, Im not gonna lie I'll smack it right away. :lol:

not sure if it was just me, but got my pair in last weekend and no box, came with the shoes lol was a bit surprised that they just threw the shoes in the bag and shipped it. got the fresh factory smell too :lol:

not sure if it was just me, but got my pair in last weekend and no box, came with the shoes lol was a bit surprised that they just threw the shoes in the bag and shipped it. got the fresh factory smell too :lol:
Mine came in a bag too. My Base Models also came in a bag. They've been trying to be enviro-friendly.

Really enjoyable first run in the Rebel v2. They’re pretty fast for a non-plated shoe, faster for me than the Peg Turbos and Mach 4’s. The RC Elite still outclasses them speed-wise, but that’s obvious. For comfort, bounce and value these are bangers.

FE8BC207-89B0-48D1-ABA5-AFC0254E12F3.jpeg
Hows the stability towards the rear of the shoe? I want to try these, but the TC was just too wobbly in the heel for me and I keep thinking these might be similar.

Just got MetaSpeed Sky delivered. From a quick walking around the house, the feeling is about the same as Vaporfly. Very light and breathable. The lace is very long. I like the design just because it looks like a normal looking shoes. The color blocking is also fire on this. Will take for a run tomorrow.
IMG_3094.jpg

Hows the stability towards the rear of the shoe? I want to try these, but the TC was just too wobbly in the heel for me and I keep thinking these might be similar.

It's not bad, it's a lower stack shoe than the TC and RC Elite. I never tried the TC but it feels about on par with the RC Elite, stability wise in the heel. I heard the RC Elite was more stable than the TC for what it's worth. The heel collar is very supportive. Overall it's not the most stable shoe, and I doubt I'd daily train in them but they're too damn fun not to throw into the rotation. I did notice a lot of lateral and torsional flexibility in the shoe, and it made me conscious to try to run with good form in them, whereas I can throw on the 1080v11's and just cruise and not care what my feet are doing.

I just put them in a nike box for storage until I get the chance to run in it

S sssstan mine had a very strong smell. Also, the silica gel beads pack ripped and got all over the shoes. Smh..

Last edited:
Ordered the V2

Think I’m going to return the Invincible and have these replace them as my everyday shoe. Seems more versatile along with my Endorphin Speeds and VFN%

Anyone with both have an opinion?

Back
Top Bottom