"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Sounds like some good improvements have been made, look forward to trying them out, haven't had the chance to try the original. That colourway is spot on as well, so good.
I didn’t like the original and bought it from somewhere that didn’t have that generous Nike 30-day return policy.

I’m not a major fan of the Nike Invincible but it’s a better shoe with better lock down. I was able to take advantage of the emergency responders discount so it didn’t sting as much.

Any word on the Garmin Fenix 7? I’d like to get a new GPS watch. Been using a 235 and at this point in its life. Just seems inaccurate in distance reporting without proper SAT lock.

What's your thoughts on the artist?
First run was good -- at $100 for a a carbon fiber plated shoe it's incredible value. Took some time to get used to ride with my wide feet on the sole, but was never uncomfortable. Waiting to put more long runs in when the weather plays nicely here in NY.

walkingBred walkingBred What things you don't like about Arahi 5?
They felt a bit clunky to me. After a couple runs my right knee got this strange sharp pain in the center. Odd. The clanking noise the outsole made was loud and felt like I was banging my feet in the ground. And the lacing system was janky for some reason. I don't think stability shoes are for me in general. I over pronate but I feel like I prefer a normal shoe that doesn't offer too much stability correction so that I'm forced to make the adjustments myself. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is probably going to be the only stability shoe I own.

Edit: They were the wide version which I need. Both my 1080 v11 and GTS 21 are wide as well.

walkingBred walkingBred Thx for the feedback. I kinda pronate too. I find the recent shoes like Tempo Next or Invincible that has wider forefoot work really well for me even though they're considered as neutral shoes. Hoka in general works for me too since they tends to have wider forefoot, even I never tried their stability ones.

757EEF5A-8D40-4A5F-BE75-6347938007C7.jpeg

???

Had my first 6 mile tempo in these this morning, trying to get a sense of how they perform. I’ll cut to the chase...they’re not as fast for me as the Vaporfly or Alphafly. They’re super impressive but the effort needed to maintain threshold pace was higher in these versus the Nike’s. That said, they’re close. Really, really close.

On to the positives: the fit and comfort of these is miles ahead of the VF and Alphafly. The midfoot on the Nike’s is extremely narrow and forces my foot to work hard to corral the shoe. They’re much more stable, and comfortable. For the marathon distance I’d be more comfortable running in these. For flat out speed, or a half marathon race I’d be reaching for the Vaporfly, Alphafly or even the Adios Pro. Still, this is a fantastic option and will work better for some.
8943CEFE-03FA-4917-AFA3-E692F3BA14DD.jpeg

I'm diggin those EP2 more than the speed 2, as far as the checker look.

Got another pair of Speedgoats for running around the yard with my dog. Dude likes to play hard, & definitely need the traction. So far I've really loved the Goat Mid 2 GTX, but need something more breathable now that it's getting warmer & mostly no need for waterproof ATM.

Thoughts on the volt laces with em?
PXL_20210507_192241201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom