"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Ordered the V2

Think I’m going to return the Invincible and have these replace them as my everyday shoe. Seems more versatile along with my Endorphin Speeds and VFN%

Anyone with both have an opinion?

I have both, the Rebel is a faster shoe than the Invincible by quite a bit. I’d be hard pressed to run easier in the Rebel versus the Invincible you can kind of cruise along on its bounce. But to be perfectly honest I prefer something more “mundane” for daily training like the React Infinity Run or 1080, where I can cruise more comfortably

Three more days
A227C4C6-F93C-4AE4-80C9-EAB704EA5122.jpeg

not sure if I’ll back it this time lol

I think it may be wiser to wait for them to be available on Amazon with all the discounts.

Ordered the V2

Think I’m going to return the Invincible and have these replace them as my everyday shoe. Seems more versatile along with my Endorphin Speeds and VFN%

Anyone with both have an opinion?
I feel like the Rebel V2s feel really similar to the Speeds and are almost interchangeable and both really versatile. Great if you only have 1-2 running shoes and are trying to stretch them across workouts. The speeds are my fave between the two with it's stability and plate. Invincibles are for those days where you want a ton of cush but come with some extra weight while running warm. The RV2s are lighter and breathe really well. Just depends on what you are after I guess. The RV2s don't have as much cush and bounce as all that ZoomX.

Last edited:
I think I’m sitting this one out. I learned my lesson from the OG NEX. I ended up doing five transactions after all the Amazon continued discounts LOL

The sole looks nearly identical to the 2s.
It’s the same sole. The only difference are the uppers, heel collar, and tongue.
The upper is obviously now knit. The collar was made to improve lockdown and the tongue is now attached to one side of the upper so it’s not like a traditional detached tongue.

The biggest focus on the Hyperion Elite 3 is lockdown and fit.

Last edited:
Sounds like some good improvements have been made, look forward to trying them out, haven't had the chance to try the original. That colourway is spot on as well, so good.

Didn't know this thread existed.

Currently using New Balance 1080 v11 for daily runs. Heel cup rubbing was annoying at first but went away after a few runs. Same with the slippage.
IMG_20210412_170255__01.jpg

Brooks adrenaline GTS 21 for stability
IMG_20210411_173633__01.jpg

Returned the Hoka Arahi 5. Not a fan. Was planning on getting the Clifton 8 but seeing as how not much has changed I'm gonna just grab the Clifton 7 while they're on sale.
IMG_20210406_145841__02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom