"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

the volt adios pro was part of ADCs 40% off promo this past few days and i missed out

sort of pissed about it because i really wanted to try the shoes and this is a cw i actually liked

1606938310559.png

Kinvara 12 Review

Believe in the Run was pretty underwhelmed by the latest Kinvara...

dang robbe went off on the shoe haha but the kinvara 12 is everything i was expecting off what i just read.
i feel like a lot of expectations will be had that comes from the success of endorphin speed/line, but from the review, it just seems like a slightly upgraded kinvara 11 with an updated upper. shouldn't be an amazing and revolutionary shoe, but just one that gets the job done

the volt adios pro was part of ADCs 40% off promo this past few days and i missed out

sort of pissed about it because i really wanted to try the shoes and this is a cw i actually liked

1606938310559.png
I have a pair coming from Running Warehouse, but I had to pay full price, which bums me out. Hope they're worth it.

1606938310559.png
What time yesterday did they drop? My size was sold out by 0730.

What time yesterday did they drop? My size was sold out by 0730.

i think they might have dropped on ADC midnight PST and then there was restock last night, but since solelinks and all those accounts tweet about these shoes now, they sold out fairly quickly again

The Novablast is a fun shoe, but alas, it ended up being too unstable in the heel for me. The upper is also uncharacteristically subpar for an Asics shoe. There's a lot they can do with the next version.
Same. Too unstable. I returned mine.

Has anyone here actually had the Hyperion tempos?

been waiting for a good discount on them since i want to get a pair
didn't realize they were on DSG and had i known, wouldve bought with they're sale last week. they have $20 off at the moment, but imagine i can find it for lower eventually if new colors are releasing

any complaints? Negatives?

only thing I’ve seen is folks talking about the laces.. and not being great for colder weather
The laces are a bit too long and stretchy for my liking but they’re serviceable. Mostly I’d prefer a softer outsole with a bit more traction on wet asphalt. That’s about it.

Last edited:
Valencia Marathon Results.

Half Marathon
(Adidas) Kibiwott Kandie 57.31 WR
EoihCK7XEAAaxhI.jpg
(Nike) Genzebe Didaba 1h05.16
Eoiic6mXcAA4Ss2.jpg

Full Marathon
(Adidas) Evans Chebet won men race in Valencia in 2h03.00 CR PB
Eoi3TUdXEAAaFBB.jpg
(Adidas) Peres Jepchirchir won women in races in 2h17.16 CR PB
Eoi62q6W8AEZNTZ.jpg

Last edited:
It's pretty interesting to see the recent surge of Adios Pros, and lack of AFs on podiums the last few months. Obviously, as elites have shown, the AF isn't an ideal 1/2 marathon shoe, but still.

Mostly I’d prefer a softer outsole with a bit more traction on wet asphalt. That’s about it.

what do you mean about the outsole and how would you compare it to other shoes?

what do you mean about the outsole and how would you compare it to other shoes?
Just that the outsole feels a bit hard on foot strike; it absorbs impact less than other go-fast trainers—like the Boston 9.

But I recommend the Tempo and just bought a second pair.

Last edited:
Just that the outsole feels a bit hard on foot strike; it absorbs impact less than other go-fast trainers—like the Boston 9.

really would have assumed Boston 9 had more of a racing flat feel

assumed it would be softer than the kinvara with better take off since the kinvara only has the 4 mm drop

Need those Sunrise Bliss/Volt Adios Pro's. I got them in signal pink and I really enjoy them, but I'm more of a "week 1 of couch to 5k" type of runner lol. Are these gonna restock on Adidas or drop anywhere else besides running warehouse?

Running Warehouse was the only place I've seen that had them widely available (and they were for more than a week). I'm a little surprised no one else seems to have had them in stock for more than a few hours.

after seeing adidas allow them go on discount with that promo code last week, its going to super hard for me to want to pay retail for the adios pro.

at this point i wonder if adidas is still creating "limited stock" or if runners have fallen into the hype after seeing the success adidas runners have had in the shoe with the past couple of races

Back
Top Bottom