"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Are y’all opting for the same size as the SB1s?

I just added my med promo code (25% off) for fun, and it’s valid on them. Too bad ASICS got stingy with their codes 😂. I remember I scooped up the SB1s when med codes were at 50% off at the time.

-edit-
The Olympic cws for the Metaspeed Sky Paris and Magic Speed 4s are up for preorder as well!

Magic Speed 4

Metaspeed Sky Paris

Last edited:
Are y’all opting for the same size as the SB1s?

I just added my med promo code (25% off) for fun, and it’s valid on them. Too bad ASICS got stingy with their codes 😂. I remember I scooped up the SB1s when med codes were at 50% off at the time.
I’m normally a 10.5 but had some minor heel slippage in the SB1. I returned for a 10—perfect fit. So I’ll go with a 10 in the SB2. Hopefully it’s the same last.

Doesn't look like the white ones releasing in September are the same as the white ones reviewers have in hand. Looks like a hue of blue in the midsole on the catalogue photos for the ones in Sept.

My vacation running shoe rotation.
IMG_2358.jpeg

AFN/VFN3 laces are on AliExpress now

IMG_0036.jpeg

They’re only $1.28 and will be $1.13 tomorrow for the 120cm length. There are three lengths; 120cm (~47”), 140 (~55”) and 160cm (63”). Will scoop up a couple to see how they are and how they compare to Nike’s.

Seems like reviews are trending towards the SB2 running a bit shorter

Edit: or not, lol

It’s APPRECIATED when vloggers get right into the sizing!

I know it’s probably been stated before, but ASICS missed an opportunity by NOT naming the SBs the SUPER Novablast! lol

That would certainly indicate to consumers that the SB is the premium version (other than price).

I am really interested in the Skyward X, but the two mens colorways so far are meh, & terrible for the banana looking one.

Those jade cw for the Rebel v4 are 🔥

Super is probably less than Nova. But I can understand the nomenclature. My thing is charging $200 for a non plated shoe. I thought it was crazy as it competed against Endorphin Speed or Nike Zoomfly (as whatever Hoka, Addidas or B version). It reminded me of the Pegasus Turbo or super Invincible lol.

I preordered a pair of the second version since I can cheat with the first responders discount. Otherwise I’d probably not try out Asics. Not to say they’re not good shoes.

Super is probably less than Nova. But I can understand the nomenclature. My thing is charging $200 for a non plated shoe. I thought it was crazy as it competed against Endorphin Speed or Nike Zoomfly (as whatever Hoka, Addidas or B version). It reminded me of the Pegasus Turbo or super Invincible lol.

I preordered a pair of the second version since I can cheat with the first responders discount. Otherwise I’d probably not try out Asics. Not to say they’re not good shoes.
I didn’t pre order right away and my size is now sold out. I’ll wait to see if they restock or if they’re available in my local running shop.

NGL... ASICS is winning my interest over with their primary line-up trio in the Sky+ Paris, SuperBlast 2 and Magic Speed 4. I honestly want to scoop them all up!

I'm also a BIG FAN of ASICS moving away from the Motion Wrap/Woven upper and transitioning to Engineered Mesh!

Last edited:
With the SB2s launching in a few days, I took my SB1s out too. They're still snappy AF for a trainer without a plate. Then again, I only have ~100mi on them. I keep going back and forth on scooping up the SB2s because of the strength of the cw and new engineered mesh upper. I don't NEED them per se, but I do WANT them! LOL

...an AMEX offer would clinch it though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom